~Darkness Becomes~ INTRO/CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS

Started by (Hexamin), March 08, 2010, 01:25:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

Quote from: Gym Leader Diokatsu on March 08, 2010, 08:52:37 pm
Elemental Efficiency: Wind (No Rose I am not copying, I am a great lover of wind is all)

Well, though I am filled with infinite rage that anyone would dare use the same element as me, I'll let it slide this time. :V

Diokatsu

Your humble servant bows in reverence and deference to thy awesome might.

C.C. rOyAl

So when are we going to get this started?
Spoiler: ShowHide

Aqua

At least after I finish my char? D:

I'll work on it after I shower~

Diokatsu

Quote from: C.C. rOyAl on March 08, 2010, 09:26:32 pm
So when are we going to get this started?

When we have enough people and Hex wants to?

C.C. rOyAl

Quote from: Elite Four Aqua on March 08, 2010, 09:33:23 pm
At least after I finish my char? D:

I'll work on it after I shower~

haha ok i forgot you were goin to make one >.<

@Dio- Hex said we were probably goin to get started after 3 ppl joined, plus i was just curious cuz im mega bored right now haha
Spoiler: ShowHide

Aqua

March 08, 2010, 10:36:18 pm #26 Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:01:57 pm by Elite Four Aqua
Name: Seles Naiad

Sex: Female

Faction: Prince Caspol's Republic

Elemental Efficiency: Water

Unique Efficiency: Sound Wave Manipulation
Seles is a skilled player of the Guqin.
Picture of Guqin: ShowHide

Seles is able to change various traits of a sound wave such as amplitude and frequency.
Thus, she can change the way something sounds and use the power to trick and confuse people.
Combined with her water manipulation, she can cause all sorts of movements of water.

Profession: Songstress/Fisher

Initial Stats:
-Strength: 0
-Endurance: 1
-Dexterity: 2
-Intelligence: 2
-Willpower: 3
-Luck: 2

Background Info:
   Seles was born into an average fishing family in Fendmoore.  Her family caught roughly the same amount of fish as every other small family in the city and never stood out to be special.
   Her father would always man the ship and do the catching while her mother would sing to keep him company.  When Seles was born, the two lovers brought her along on the boat even though she was just a baby.  The routine was still the same except that her mother would carry an extra, special something in her arms instead of just the sweater she had always brought for her husband.  Craddling Seles in her arms, she would sing soothing lullabies to her tender baby.  The fishing would continue as normal.
   The first few trips, Seles would just fall asleep in her mother's arms, but as the months drew on, she started to mimic her mother's singing with her tiny voice.  The first day that she had done so, her parents were delighted that their baby was able to copy what she heard.  Something strage happened though:  fish just seemed to amass towards the source of the sound, and Seles' father caught more fish that day than he had in two weeks combined.  Both parents thought that they were just having a lucky day.
   The fishing trips continued along with the singing lessons, and every day, Seles got better and better at singing as the family brought in more and more fish.  The family made the connection and started to gain prestige within the community.
   As Seles was a young child, she was well-known in the city for being a beautiful singer at such a young age.  She picked up the Guqin, and after many years of training under a master, she was skilled enough to be able to perform at various events in the city.  People from all over flooded to the tavern in which she stayed to watch and hear her delicate strokes and notes.
   Despite the busy performance schedule, Seles never stopped fishing with her parents, as she was their good luck charm.

Color: Blue

Starting Location: Fendmoore

King Munkey

Name: Revan
Sex: Male
Faction: Capsol
Elemental Efficiency: Earth
Unique Efficiency: Revan has the ability to reshape and move rock and earth elements such as rock, stone, sand, and dirt. One such use is that he can move these objects onto his own body to cause a defensive shield, although this slows him down.
Profession: Hunter
Initial Stats:
-Strength: 3
-Endurance: 3
-Dexterity: 1
-Intelligence: 1
-Willpower: 1
-Luck: 1
Background Info: Revan grew up as the son of a hunter in Yisra. He always wanted to travel out and see what excitment there was in the world outside of his home. One day he felt a change in the world and wanted to travel out and see what he could find. He befriended some traveling merchants and found his way to the crossroads where he would start his journey to Castle Terna
Color: Choose 1: Green
Starting Location: Crossroads

G_G Is my hero!
Munkey != monkey
Munkey > monkey

(Hexamin)

March 09, 2010, 02:08:17 am #28 Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:22:29 am by (Hexamin)
Alright folks, we've got 6 people signed up right now, so as soon as I get a chance I'll send everyone their specifics and start the thread.  We'll begin on Day 1 and it'll remain Day 1 until I advance it to the next day.  If you haven't chosen a starting location, do so before I post the story thread or else I'll place you somewhere myself.

@Vael: still need your starting location.

@Chris: You're good to go.

@Pyrrhus: I'm setting your primary profession as mercenary.  What you do in your spare time (such as burgling people) is up to you. ^_^

@Aseras: This Brotherhood of Blood will be added to the introduction of the story, and although your background info was a bit misconstrued in regards to the timeline of the planet (the goblin invasion was well over 100 years ago), we'll run with it.  Goblins can still come out of the mountains and kill shit after all.

@Seles: If you give me a last name to your family I'll add them into the background information of Fendmoore

@Reven: Thank you for choosing strength and endurance!  You're the first one to create a more character actually capable of some heavy lifting, lol.

Everyone, stay tuned for the beginning.

Oh, and while I can spend a lot of time managing this, there will be periods of time when I cannot be at my computer.  I am in Iraq so there is some work involved in that, but... I usually only get 3-6 hours of sleep, which means lots of down time for me to keep up with this.

ALSO.  I'll be posting a map with character location at the start of each day.  If you want a custom 48x48 Image to mark your character, post it here and update it in your character's profile, otherwise I'll just mark you with the first few letters of your name or something lame like that.

ALSO ALSO.  I sent everyone their initial skills.  They aren't named and are more or less vague as they moreso serve as guidelines for your character's abilities.  If you want to take what your character can do and be creative, you could probably do a lot more with those abilities than you'd initially realize.
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

Trainer Zydragon

Name: Kiba
Sex: Male
Faction: Prince Capsol
Elemental Efficiency: Wind
Unique Efficiency: Oxygen manipulation; Kiba can control the Oxygen particles in the air and water around him, even when fused with other elements, and can use this to change air currents and wind speed, as well as changing peoples breathing difficulty. Using this power he can nudge weapons with the air around them, speed himself up using the wind behind him, or eventually suffocate a person. If Kiba concentrates, he can also manipulate the oxygen in the bloodstream, enabling him possible temporary control over a persons body. Eventually the control of Oxygen may be used to create explosives out of ordinary elements. This skill uses a form of inner chi, and requires some concentration.
Profession: Paladin
Initial Stats:
-Strength: 2
-Endurance: 2
-Dexterity: 1
-Intelligence: 2
-Willpower: 2
-Luck: 1
Background Info: Kiba was brought up in the town around Castle Terna, and was tought in the ways of the Paladins. He stands for anything good and right, and abhors evil. He is a man of many talents, and excels in anything he puts his mind to. Due to the ways of the healer that he was taught as part of his Paladin training, he can manipulate Oxygen, the element of life, in many ways. Recently he has noticed a shift in the winds and wishes to know what is causing it.
Color: Blues
Starting Location: Castle Terna

Theres mine ^_^
Let me know if Oxygen Manipulation is allowed or not... Personally I think its awesome :D

Subsonic_Noise

My starting point would be te slums (spelling?) of Unificius. xD

(Hexamin)

@Zydragon: You'll be added in and will be able to start on Day 2 at Castle Terna

@Magikarp: Sorry, you're in Zenith (which honestly is better altogether for you because Unificus is about to take a census and make everyone sign an oath of loyatly.)

@Everyone, in case you didnt see, the ~Darkness Becomes~ RPing Thread is up and running. http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5798.0/topicseen.html

Aqua

Uh... Seles Naiad
Of the Naiad family...
o.o

Question:
Can I make water out of "thin air" like how fire and wind would work (I'm assuming) or can I only manipulate water that is already present?
Also, same question for earth.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Elite Four Aqua on March 09, 2010, 04:01:41 pm
Uh... Seles Naiad
Of the Naiad family...
o.o

Question:
Can I make water out of "thin air" like how fire and wind would work (I'm assuming) or can I only manipulate water that is already present?
Also, same question for earth.

Well, calling fire out of the nowhere is somehow my special ability, so I'll assume that if you haven't got it as your ability, you'll have to settle for water that's already present.
You might call water from deep inside the earth, I think.

Aqua

Oh... didn't know calling fire out of nothing was your special ability XP

Trainer Zydragon

March 09, 2010, 04:17:41 pm #35 Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:35:32 pm by Zydragon
suggestion: water particles in the air, yaknow, condensation and moisture?

Mines sort of the same, cept its Oxygen instead of a generic water or wind element manip :P

EDEET:

When does day 2 start... I wanna play already XD

(Hexamin)

Day 2 will start before I go to sleep.  I just got back from playin' army and its already 1 a.m. here, I'll probably allow for a couple more posts on Day 1, but then post Day 2 and go to sleep.  Tomorrow I shouldn't have anything going on though, so I'll be keeping up with it a little more actively than today as well as adding a day by day database thread that has a list of characters/enemies/and events by day they were introduced.

In regards to water manipulation, yeah, it requires water, but like it was suggested, manipulation will really only be limited by your imagination.

Aqua

Btw... don't save images as .jpg; make them .png instead :)

(Hexamin)

Begins saving images as .PNG

I added your family's business history, by the way, in the DATABASE thread.  Hope you don't mind it.  ^_^

Aqua

March 10, 2010, 02:50:27 pm #39 Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:51:29 pm by Elite Four Aqua
Truthfully, I think days in the game should last longer than one real life day...
It gets kinda hard to fit a day's worth of RP into a few hours, especially with real life stuff like school, homework, work, eating, sleeping, etc.

My opinion~

Edit:
What image program do you use?