Am rly rly rly new =/

Started by WiseListener, January 19, 2008, 04:07:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WiseListener

Hi am the WiseListener. I'm new to everything about rpg maker, um I just wanted to make a game. (its hard)

Blizzard

Welcome to CP! :)

Yeah, making a game isn't that easy. But imagine you wouldn't have RPG Maker at all. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WiseListener

Hard to imagine, Thanks for the welcome. So how do i start?  ???

Blizzard

Well, you could try reading a couple of tutorials or just go for it and experiment. Try making stuff like a text box, a choice box and so on. I suggest, you simply try out every event command so you kinda get the idea how it works. Oh yeah, a tutorial I strongly recommend is the one about switches.

http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=6

Don't worry if you don't understand if from the first reading. Try messing around with RMXP a little bit and read it later again.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WiseListener

Well am starting to understand it. Still a little dumbfounded on switches. I know how to map now. Well off to the events . . .

Nortos

gl Wise and welcome aboard the forum :) I find my way around RMXP just last october and learnt from a tutorial or two but the best way for learning in RMXP is practical experience

Fantasist

Welcome O' WiseListener! :D

Making a game? Technical things are the least of your worries imo. You should have some idea of the story and things like weapons, items and stuff. Databasing is an important part. But before you get there, I think you should explore RMXP's capabilities so you can plan on how you can present your story.

If you have technical problems, just post here and you'll get help, but the story and the elements in your game should be thought out by you. You CAN take opinions from us too, it's up to you. And if you need help with the story, go to UltaFlame's Storyline Service (check Nortos' sig, that guy is a glow-sign-board :P)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Nortos

:P I do what I do, and I can tell ur having trouble with your databasing :P mentioning it a bit lately

Fantasist

If you're talking about me, yeah, I'm not too comfy with databasing. Truth is, I never really started working on it, I'm still working on my story and some scripts.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

I make my database as I progress in the game. I make a new dungoen, I make the enemies, the troops, the new equipment, some skills to balance the gameplay better if necessary and test it all then. :3 I usually play the dungeon through a couple of times to see if it's too hard, too easy or just fine, Same with boss. I battle a new boss at least 5 times. If he's too hard, I consider making him weaker in some way. If he's ok, but has a weakpoint, I consider making the effect of the weakpoint milder so the player doesn't get a complete advantage when he discovers it.

Fantasist

OK, I could do that, progressive development... (does that word already mean something else?)

Blizzard

I call it development on the fly. =X

Vell

WiseListener

;D Wow thanks for all the welcomes I feel so well welcome.

Fantasist

No problem at all Wise ^_^
CP doesn't have lots of members but a couple of active members, so you don't get lost and you have fun, that's why I love this place :D

Vell

people here can't help but get deliciousy random on well, a lot of threads.

Nortos

Calintz

Howdy little whippersnapper!!
Enjoy the stay, got a lot o' talent in this forum. Which is why it's the only one that I really use.

P.S. Check out 'Well in the Woods' in the New projects thread and leave some input in your spare time...