[RESOLVED] pop up window

Started by Ryex, June 18, 2008, 02:30:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

June 18, 2008, 02:30:53 pm Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 07:27:36 am by Blizzard
I know how to make the window but mot how to make it pop up

what i want to do is  this  i want to have it so the main window looks like this

I have already done this so no worries there
this when you have chosen an option where you need to choose an actor a window pops up and it looks some what like this

this is the part i need help with I can make the window where you chose that actor but i don't know how to make it pop up or appear over every thing.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Well, you need to create an instance of the window in order to use it. To make it appear above other windows, you need to set its z coordinate simply higher than the ones of the other windows.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

you know what I was being stupid when I made the topic. can it be removed? Mods? Deletion please?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Vell

can't you just have it be [resolved] and locked?

Ryex

I could but is there any real information in this topic?

Blizzard

Actually yes. The topic stays.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.