[XP] ShadowKey ( Update: July 30 2010 )

Started by godsrighthand, July 01, 2009, 01:29:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

godsrighthand

Quote from: FenrisHalo on August 22, 2009, 11:21:43 am
Quote from: godsrighthand on July 21, 2009, 10:10:19 pm
Passability has been fixed. There is a small problem with that in the demo, but it will be fixed by the next demo release

Thank goodness...
The reason for the name would be a spoiler and so i will only be revealed ingame

Aaaah!
I cannot reveal the character information since
              1) info of certain characters will reveal parts of story

Cool
             2) info of all other characters will be revealed in side quests

Quote from: FenrisHalo
Cool

3) every last bit of info about the pc is up to you

:naughty:

I didnt understand the last part ( the  :naughty: )
My fav sayings
---My god carries a hammer. Your god died nailed to a tree. Any questions?
---When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
---War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.
---I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
---I intend to live forever, or die trying.

godsrighthand

Well ive been away for a while, college just started. Anyway ill be able to do get some work done from friday i guess, and since nobody wanted to test my game for me ill get started on that. If im lucky i may get enough time to release it in 2 weeks
My fav sayings
---When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Spaceman McConaughey

Another good project here on Chaos-Project.... well, "good" so far.

No disappointments, please.  :cclove:

godsrighthand

Finally ive managed to get some free time
Well ive almost completely debugged demo 2 and manual V2 is almost done. So here's the status now

Debugging = 95%
Manual V2 = 80%
Other things - changing the controls, adding a quest log = 60%

Estimated time = 2 days to 1 week
My fav sayings

godsrighthand

My fav sayings

godsrighthand

I have waited a full week before posting again

Any comments/suggestions/reviews ??
My fav sayings

godsrighthand

Update: Final game is 40% done ( big game lol :) )

PS: you thought this game was dead didnt you :)
My fav sayings

ShadowPierce

Quote from: godsrighthand on July 01, 2009, 01:29:59 am

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler: ShowHide

Quote from: Darth You on July 07, 2010, 10:35:56 am

Characters

Rayse: ShowHide

Name: Rayse
Race: Human (Arcanist)
Class: Mage
Preferred Weapon: Staff
Main Element: N/A
Bio:

Rayse is an energetic & talented Arcanist who just graduated from the Magic Academy with friends Rhia & Vinz. He always wanted to be a member of The Spell Circle. He always talks about how a great Spellmaster (member of The Spell Circle) he would be, but easily loses focus. Unlike those who were assigned to retrieve the Mana Stone, he volunteered hoping that it will help his chances to becoming a Spellmaster. He is the destined hero of this game.
Rhia: ShowHide

Name: Rhia
Race: Forest Elf
Main Element: Wind
Bio:

Rhia is an honor student in the Magic Academy & long time friend of Rayse & Vinz. She keeps score of the two every time they compete with each other. Despite being a forest elf, she left her village & decided to learn magic than hunt with a bow like most forest elves. Rhia became friends with Rayse & Vinz when she rescued them from a wild Kergan when the two were just little. Though she's usually calm ,at times, she can get pretty loud when she's annoyed.
Vinz: ShowHide

Name: Vinz
Race: Human
Main Element: Dark
Bio:

Vinz is an exceptional Mage, able to cast mid-level spells as a freshman. He is calm, but whenever there is competition, he jumps straight at it & usually faces Rayse in the finals. Vinz is the grandson of Spellmaster Seth, one of the original founders of The Spell Circle. He is moody, which annoys Rhia, and ends up either being cheered up by Rayse or having a dare with him. He doesn't really care much about his future, knowing that his grandfather is a Spellmaster. He'd rather hang out with Rayse & Rhia than learn advance-level spells from Spellmaster Seth.

Creaux: ShowHide

Name: Creaux
Race: Forest Elf
Class: Cleric
Preferred Weapon: Axe/Staff
Main Element: Forest
Bio:

Creaux is a cleric in the small elven village of Noeia. Bearing the Mark of the Guardian ever since he was born, he was chosen to protect Mi-Ma, the village elder, having him forced to become a cleric. Creux never wanted to be a cleric because he always wanted to fight. This is the reason why he trains with both rod & axe & he is able to use both depending on the situation.

Note:
   Forest Elves aren't really born, they come from the Tree of Life. When they are "born", they already look like young adults but they still age. 50 years of aging as a human is equal to 1 year of aging as an elf.

Blanc: ShowHide

Name: Blanc
Race: Human
Class: Knight
Preferred Weapon: Shield & Sword
Main Element: Fire
Bio:

Blanc is a knight in the Knight Guild of Castia, an ally of Arcanum. Knights are Arcanists who are born with no ability to cast magic. Blanc is the brother of Napalm, another knight from Castia's Knight Guild who was originally the knight to accompany Rayse. He volunteered to replace his brother after Napalm was heavily injured.

Sonia: ShowHide

Name: Sonia
Race: Human (Technician)
Class: Gunner
Preferred Weapon: Pistols
Main Element: Water
Bio:

Sonia is a gunslinger extraordinaire from Linia City. She was orphaned by the war, having both her parents taken prisoner by the Arcanists. Because of this, she held a grudge towards all Arcanists. After her parents' capture, she was forced to live on her own so she learned how to handle the gun her father left to her and soon, she became a master gunslinger. At the age of 14, she became a member of a hunting guild & as time passed, she became very famous being known as "Sonia of the Thousand Bullets" being the only person in the world who is able to wield up to 4(!) guns all at the same time. She believes in fate & usually lets fate decide for herself.

Unnamed...: ShowHide

*SpiritMeld Form cannot be shown*

Name: *Undecided*
Race: Human (Wandering nomad)
Class: Fighter
Preferred Weapon: Gloves/Gauntlets
Main Element: Lightning
Bio:

*** is a drifter that travels all around the Epia continent together with his twin sister, ???. They earn a living by scavenging various machine parts & participating in underground fighting tournaments. More background will be revealed in the story...

more characters to come...

->One of my main characters is named Rhia! Anywa good job on your progress... Downloading the demo now... *levels up* :haha:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Xunbreakable89X

I played the demo and I like the concept of the game. But I just wish you included a readme with the controls or somthing. Cuz I couldent figure out what buttons did what lol.

poxy

July 30, 2010, 06:38:30 pm #29 Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 01:31:49 pm by Darth Darth
Looks good. Though the d/l link is bruxed... :(
Gonna check it out...
My Project: ShowHide

godsrighthand

Weird O_O I thought i had included a readme. Well anyway the controls are blizz abs controls. But as i said im almost positive there is a readme
My fav sayings

LiTTleDRAgo

OracleGames

QuoteThe demo link is already dead

Wanna play it too.. re-upload, use sendspace ;)

CT_bolt

The link is down. :( Please fix it. I want to play this game.  8) I don't care what you use to host it.

godsrighthand

Sry i havent been on in a while, RL sucks i know. Well im half-way through to getting my degree in computer science and on my way to being a professional video game developer  :D :D :D YAY !! so i havent had much free time.

Well i got plenty of time over winter break so im going to continue working on the game and release an updated version sometime before winterbreak is over ( sometime around Jan 7th-Jan10th ) Until then here is a new link to the second demo.

I know i said i wouldnt upload another demo but rather wait for the full game to be finished but i would love to hear what you guys think of my work

http://www.mediafire.com/?bt7fko9w5xcv66w
My fav sayings