[XP] The Dimension Adventures

Started by lonely_cubone, April 29, 2010, 10:36:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

And you say you're only semi-good... I think you shoul be professor of spriting!
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Shining Riku

May 12, 2010, 04:44:38 pm #41 Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:51:30 pm by Shining Riku
Aww thanks...but there's plenty better than me out there. They just aren't for hire @_@

when it comes to characters like the RTP ones, I'm best at editing those. I'm no good at doing humans from scratch. Still workin' on the spriting skills

@Cubone: Ok, the turquoise is really easy to do, that edit will take like five seconds. About the ball spacing, do you mean you want them farther apart? I made him as short as he is because I remember you saying he was 2/3 RTP character size and tried keeping him that way. Changing the spacing would significantly raise his height, probably to RTP size. If you really want me to do it though then I have no problem ^_^

He'll just be real tall @_@

EDIT:

Is he teal enough?  :(
If not then i'll gladly fix him again. I wanna get him right XD

lonely_cubone

No, I don't mean changing the spacing, I mean kind of blending the balls together where they touch. And maybe a little bit more green. But yeah, it's really good. I think you're the best spriter either of us is going to find. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me with some of the other sprites, too.

G_G

Quote from: lonely_cubone on May 12, 2010, 05:01:58 pm
I mean kind of blending the balls together where they touch. And maybe a little bit more green.

Thats what she said!

Sorry xD Anyways nice sprite.
Also when can we expect a demo, it looks interesting.

Shining Riku

May 12, 2010, 07:42:37 pm #44 Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:01:30 pm by Shining Riku
Sure thing! I'll definitely help with more sprites! ^_^

Name some targets for me and i'll get busy!  :D
I do abstract stuff fastest, like The Little Humphis, normal people, well, it depends XD

I'll take any request but real weird monsters for now. I have trouble with detail and shading on stuff like that lol. I don't think any of your characters fit THAT extreme category so you're fine ^_^

I'll go ahead and fix The Little Humphis' color, but the blending of the joints and stuff may take awhile to get it right, I have a game project myself that I work on almost all the time and i'm easily distracted by it lol XD

Ok! I'm off to finish the recoloring, and i'll post the next sprite sheet up soon as I finish with him!

EDIT:
Too much? Too little? Too bright?

Sorry for takin' so much time to get him right XD

lonely_cubone

May 12, 2010, 09:16:33 pm #45 Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:23:19 pm by lonely_cubone
Right colour, too bright. But don't worry about it, you're doing this purely for my benefit, and I really appreciate the help. Take as long as you like.

Quote from: game_guy on May 12, 2010, 06:23:15 pm
Quote from: lonely_cubone on May 12, 2010, 05:01:58 pm
I mean kind of blending the balls together where they touch. And maybe a little bit more green.

Thats what she said!

Sorry xD Anyways nice sprite.
Also when can we expect a demo, it looks interesting.

The demo should be done quite soon, but like I said, I have to send it to the Niche first, because of that deal I made :P

Shining Riku

Okie dokie, i'll redo the sprite again  :D

I'm glad I finally got the color right!  :up:
I'll have the brightness fixed tomorrow if that's alright. I don't mind the extra work really. It gives me practice and that's always a good thing.

Which characters would you like me to do next?  :naughty:

The Niche

Haha! I shall restrict your demo access! Riku, if you prefer doing monsters, you're probably my ideal spriter.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

SBR*

Looks nice!  :haha: The only thing that keeps me from playing it is the fact that it doesn't use an ABS...  :^_^': ABS's FTW!

The Niche

Speaking of which, Cube have you decided about using Blizz?

lonely_cubone

Quote from: The Niche on May 13, 2010, 06:44:49 am
Speaking of which, Cube have you decided about using Blizz?

Yep. I've decided I am using Blizz-ABS.

Quote from: Shining Riku on May 12, 2010, 11:59:18 pm
Okie dokie, i'll redo the sprite again  :D

I'm glad I finally got the color right!  :up:
I'll have the brightness fixed tomorrow if that's alright. I don't mind the extra work really. It gives me practice and that's always a good thing.

Which characters would you like me to do next?  :naughty:

Tomorrow sounds great. I'm excited to see what'll probably be the final version of the sprite.
Hmmm, I guess the next thing I'll need is Ben with Budd around his hands. Obviously you'll need the sprite of Ben before you can do that, so I'll get it as soon as I can.

SBR*

Oehhhhhh, an ABS! MEMEMEME! IWANNAPLAYIWANNAPLAYIWANNAPLAY!1!111!11!one! TIS GAM'S GONA BE P0WNZ0RS! *says more noobish sentences*

Shining Riku

Hey Niche? I was trying to say earlier I can't do monsters that well @_@ If you want a giant flying dragon serpent from scratch for example, I am not your guy. At least not yet XD

I'll have The Little Humphis up again soon, and after that I'll start working on Ben and Budd.
I saw the RTP sprite you were using for Ben. He fit your description pretty well XD
Will you be spriting Ben then?  :???:

The Niche

Actually, the sprite I was thinking of is rather boximacal. I think I has a way of doing sprites now then.

Shining Riku

Niche, if ya need me to do a boxy monster, I probably can. If it has lots of hair or horns, or extra stuff like that that's the kind of stuff that gives me trouble.

Need me to do a sprite for ya too? :3

The Niche

Shining Riku

Ok Cubone! ^_^ I darkened The Little Humphis some, I hope it's good.

Should I wait for you to sprite Ben first, or do you want me to do that?

lonely_cubone

No, I can do Ben, I'm not using RTP people anyways. The Little Humphis looks awesome. The only problem is, the legs that are behind look way too dark. Make them a bit lighter, and add the pickle, and he'll be absolutely perfect!

Shining Riku

Yay! I'm glad i'm close to finishing with him  :D

Since you're using ABS do you want me to do his attack stances and stuff too? I have a game that's using Blizz ABS so I know how to do those types of sheets too.
Once I finish the pickle i'll show it to you before adding it to the sheet. The Little Humphis ALWAYS carries it around correct? No bottomless pockets like Link in the Legend of Zelda?  :ninja:

lonely_cubone

Nope, he always carries it. And actually, attack, defend, and run sprites would be really helpful. Thanks again for all this help! :D