[XP] The Dimension Adventures

Started by lonely_cubone, April 29, 2010, 10:36:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shining Riku

Thanks Niche! :D

I'll get started on Boxsaw today. I'm sorry for the slowness, i'm...just not the best spriter as far as getting requests out goes. Nobody to blame for that but myself

The Niche

Don't worry about it. My methods might help your speed, but I'm only semi-capable so I dunno...
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

lonely_cubone

May 23, 2010, 05:56:09 pm #82 Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 05:58:00 pm by lonely_cubone
Okay, the pickle is a bit too big, but other than that, the sprite is perfect. The pickle should be, at most, as long as his legs. It's okay if the pickle is kind of subtle and hard to notice. I kind of feel bad sending you back so many times, but I'd really like it if the main character looked just right. Thanks again for all your help! I think you should get a level-up for all the work you've put into this :D

Shining Riku

Thanks Cube! :D

No problem about sendin' me back so much. I'd do it to me too if I weren't reaching the mark.

I'm glad that I've finally gotten so close to getting him finished though :3

Shining Riku

Hey Cube, you doin ok over there? Haven't heard from you in a bit

SBR*

*goes to google translation*
Ah, so that's a pickle. I thought it was some kind of mine tool  :^_^':.

Shining Riku

I just noticed somebody leveled me down.

That just made my day.

SBR*

Quote from: Shining Riku on May 26, 2010, 02:40:04 pm
I just noticed somebody leveled me down.

That just made my day.

People continuesly level me up and down. I always return to 0 :P.

lonely_cubone

Quote from: Shining Riku on May 26, 2010, 02:18:44 pm
Hey Cube, you doin ok over there? Haven't heard from you in a bit

Yeah, I just haven't been working on this all that much. I've been focusing more on a different game I'm making with Game Maker. (If you don't know, that's a different, IMO much more versatile, game making software. I've been using it for about 6 years now, whereas I've been using RMXP for about 3 years). Don't worry though, I'm still working on this, and the demo should be out soon (I know I keep saying that, but I really will get it done as soon as I can get myself to make it).

Quote from: SBR* on May 26, 2010, 03:43:40 pm
People continuesly level me up and down. I always return to 0 :P.

Me too. I think my level was up to 5 or 6 once. I don't even know or care what it is now :P

Shining Riku

Game maker? Cool! I know exactly what you're talking about :D It's fun to use.

I was trying to make a Metroid game with it, made the engine and everything but still had some kinks to fix, and had this other test game I was making but......my computer refuses to let it work now >_<

Dunno why it won't work....but it's a lot of fun. Game Maker rocks ^_^ (uses Game Maker 7)

lonely_cubone

Yeah, it's awesome. I used to use GM7, but I got a virus and had to wipe my computer a while ago, and now I can only find GM8 for download. And you have to pay again to register it, and I haven't yet, so I can't do much with it at the moment.

Back on topic, I'm working on this a bit more now, so I hope it'll be done by the end of the weekend.

Shining Riku

Lol ok :D

Wouldn't you know I got a virus on my comp too. Maybe that's what conked the GM7 *shrugs*

At least I hadn't bought it yet or anything. Um, is GM8 easier to use compared to GM7? I didn't know a version 8 was out yet. I've been too busy with RPG maker XP to care about any other game making programs  :^_^':

lonely_cubone

May 27, 2010, 07:07:02 pm #92 Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:51:51 pm by lonely_cubone
It's pretty much the same. The sprite editor's completely redone, and there are generally some new features everywhere, but it's only a slightly bigger change than that between versions 6 and 7 (if you ever used 6).

EDIT: Hey Riku, how's the Little Humphis coming? I'm not in any hurry, I'm just curious how the sprite's coming along.

Shining Riku

May 28, 2010, 10:07:45 pm #93 Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:28:19 pm by Shining Riku
I've been slacking again @_@ *gets shot*
I'll go ahead and fix him

EDIT: Hope this is good

lonely_cubone

That's PERFECT! I've already put it into the game, and it looks great! Thank you SO much for putting all this time into my one sprite. I'll obviously give you some pretty major credit in the game.

Shining Riku

83 I'm glad you like my work! :D

Now that I know exactly what to do with him, I can provide attacking and defending sheets if you like, I'll just need to know how he's supposed to carry out the actions, and also if you're using Random Action Sprites for BABS.

I'm using it in my R U INSANE game for people's basic weapon attacks and it makes the fights really fun :D

Anyways, I'll gladly make more action sheets for you, i'll just need descriptions :D

SBR*

Ah, GM! I made an engine for any game maker game a while ago. Not completed yet. You can have a demo of it if you PM me. But please don't use it yet :P. Oh, and I consistently spelled 'missile' wrong in the engine. I spelled it like 'missisle' or something...

OT: Looks nice, the sprite!

Shining Riku

A Metroid game engine? I appreciate it, but I made my own...

GM just doesn't work on my comp right now. Half the fun of having GM is making stuff yourself.

I had the game set up like, say Metroid Fusion for example, but had more of a custom Metroid Prime HUD complete with an expandable ammo tank for weapons, missile reserves, you name it. All of which could be expanded with expansions. I also had five beams, the space jump, morph ball, directional shooting, morph ball bombs, bomb jumping, and a new toy I made called the Gravity ball that let Samus float over gaps while in Morph ball mode.

Things were working pretty good, her space jump was the only issue I needed to fix, really. Oh, I also had charge beams. No beam combos yet though 8<

SBR*

Uhh... Wow... I meant something like a platformer engine, with a few skills, such as a super far jump when you're in the air, a 'floating' skill which makes you go down slower and a hyper jump skill. It also includes some enemies with jump-on-head-to-kill-but-touching-any-other-side-kills-you functions. I don't even have the bought version. Can't find any serials for it :(. Really, I'm not going to pay to make a 3d game  >:(. Who do you think I am, Santaclause?

lonely_cubone

Quote from: Shining Riku on May 29, 2010, 12:10:53 pm
83 I'm glad you like my work! :D

Now that I know exactly what to do with him, I can provide attacking and defending sheets if you like, I'll just need to know how he's supposed to carry out the actions, and also if you're using Random Action Sprites for BABS.

I'm using it in my R U INSANE game for people's basic weapon attacks and it makes the fights really fun :D

Anyways, I'll gladly make more action sheets for you, i'll just need descriptions :D

If you could do attack, defend, and skill, that'd be awesome. For attack, he would just swing the pickle in a horizontal arc in front of him. For defend, he would hold the pickle diagonally in front of him, blocking with it. For skill, he would kind of lower his arms, letting the pickle point downwards, and look up slightly. If you need more detail, or want to modify any of these a little bit, that would be extremely helpful.

Quote from: SBR* on May 29, 2010, 12:53:38 pm
Ah, GM! I made an engine for any game maker game a while ago. Not completed yet. You can have a demo of it if you PM me. But please don't use it yet :P. Oh, and I consistently spelled 'missile' wrong in the engine. I spelled it like 'missisle' or something...

OT: Looks nice, the sprite!

Thanks, but I prefer to make my own engines. It usually takes me forever to debug them, but I find that more fun than making all the levels, sprites, and individual enemies. Thank you for the offer, though :D