[XP] The Dimension Adventures

Started by lonely_cubone, April 29, 2010, 10:36:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

He points his pickle downwards and looks up. His right hand moves up and down the pickle, building up to a crescendo...
HE CASTS WHITE STICKY FLUID!!
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

SBR*

Quote from: The Niche on May 29, 2010, 03:47:35 pm
He points his pickle downwards and looks up. His right hand moves up and down the pickle, building up to a crescendo...

DISGUSTING!

lonely_cubone

Quote from: The Niche on May 29, 2010, 03:47:35 pm

That's only one of his skills :V:

The Niche

Levels up Cubone for inflating his ego.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

The Niche

lonely_cubone

May 30, 2010, 03:47:18 pm #106 Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:31:08 am by lonely_cubone
Oh, got it :haha:

The demo's extremely close to being finished. I'm going to have to send it to the Niche first, like I promised, but I'll have it uploaded here by tomorrow morning (mountain time).

EDIT: The demo's finally done! I'll upload it tomorrow morning, like I said.

EDIT 2: Okay, I've given the Niche plenty of time, I'm putting the demo up right now.

Shining Riku

Tried uploading. It said the file was temporarily unavailable  :'(

lonely_cubone

It keeps doing that. If you check again, it should work. I'll see if I can get a more reliable link up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Shining Riku

June 01, 2010, 02:25:36 pm #109 Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:33:01 pm by Shining Riku
Yay the download link is working! :D

I'll come back later with my experience after tryin your demo.

I'm not the greatest mapper, but maybe I can provide advice on other stuff if you like. I'm getting really good at making trippy bosses now, so if you have any ideas you feel you aren't able to make work, just ask me and i'll see if I can't get them to work :D

EDIT: Played it all the way through. Forgot to fight the monster chest, so I never beat it, but so far this looks really promising!

I played with the keyboard and couldn't find the minimap, so I dunno if you intend for that to ve a feature or not lol. You may want to introduce people to the menu button and item buttons as well so they know where to find them.

Spoilers below! This is for Cubone unless you wanna spoil yourself @_@
Spoiler: ShowHide
I thought the boss was good, he's definitely gonna be difficult to battle without certain items. I noticed one issue though that I feel should be pointed out. My first try, I skipped the battle with the boss by accident and went right to the jail cell where Valerai gets locked up. By doing this I skipped the battle and got out of the castle area easily. I'd suggest that you set the event up in the jail cell to not play unless a switch is turned on, and this switch be turned on by defeating Valerai in his Death Code.

If you have any questions, let me know! ^_^

I think you're doing a swell job on this game so far. It has a nice difficulty to it. Just try to find a way to introduce people to all the buttons that they'll be using and other than the bug in the cutscene I found, everything looks great! It was really fun to play and I hope I can continue helping out :D
-Shining Riku-

lonely_cubone

Quote from: Shining Riku on June 01, 2010, 02:25:36 pm
Played it all the way through. Forgot to fight the monster chest, so I never beat it, but so far this looks really promising!

I played with the keyboard and couldn't find the minimap, so I dunno if you intend for that to ve a feature or not lol. You may want to introduce people to the menu button and item buttons as well so they know where to find them.

Spoilers below! This is for Cubone unless you wanna spoil yourself @_@
I thought the boss was good, he's definitely gonna be difficult to battle without certain items. I noticed one issue though that I feel should be pointed out. My first try, I skipped the battle with the boss by accident and went right to the jail cell where Valerai gets locked up. By doing this I skipped the battle and got out of the castle area easily. I'd suggest that you set the event up in the jail cell to not play unless a switch is turned on, and this switch be turned on by defeating Valerai in his Death Code.

If you have any questions, let me know! ^_^

I think you're doing a swell job on this game so far. It has a nice difficulty to it. Just try to find a way to introduce people to all the buttons that they'll be using and other than the bug in the cutscene I found, everything looks great! It was really fun to play and I hope I can continue helping out :D
-Shining Riku-

First of all, thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was intentional to not have the mini-map, I'm not using that feature. And yeah, especially since all the Blizz-ABS menus and controls are confusing to someone who's never seen them before, I should explain it all at the beginning.

About your spoiler:
Thanks, I got the idea for it when I made one of the first versions of this game (it used the default battle system :P). I thought it might be difficult to translate it over, and although it doesn't work exactly like it used to (before Valerai would always raise his shield if it was down, making it a battle of your HP and items vs. his MP), it kind of seems more realistic this way. I use a single variable for all plot cutscenes (meaning you have to watch them in a specific order), so I can easily use that to get rid of the Valerai cutscene glitch. Thanks for pointing it out, by the way.

Also, if you run out of Shatter Missiles, you can find a couple more in the brown box on the left side of the room. They are only in there if you have none, so it still makes it more difficult if you didn't get the other ones. That way, you can't truly run out of them, as long as you know where to find them (which I know you probably won't, that's the point).

Shining Riku

I'm glad i'm helping ^_^

Honestly I think this game was made for BABS XD I think it fits better than the default battle system. That's just me though. I think not having the minimap will also help the game to be harder so that's awesome :D

Um, just wondering, will running, jumping, and sneaking be options in the game? Just curious.

Just a few more comments about the game, Love the dialogue! It's really silly, and I like it. 'Specially how The Little Humphis talks to his pickle XD It makes things interesting

Um, don't have much else to say really :3 I just like the game!

My next task is to make the Humphis' attack, skill, and defending sprites then yes? I'll get started on those real soon

lonely_cubone

Yeah, when I saw Blizz-ABS, the first thing I thought of was "I have to start making the Dimension Adventures again, and use that script."

Oh, I forgot about the attack, skill, and defend sprites! If you could, please do those before the one I mentioned in the message. And only running is used. Jumping and sneaking are not. I'm just going to use the walking sprite for running though, so I don't need a sprite for it. And thanks again for the compliments!

Shining Riku

No problem! ^_^

I'll do the attack, skill, and defend sprites then.

BTW, The Little Humphis' Humphis Song skill made me double over in laughter when I first heard it XDDDD

SOOOO funny! (does it lower defense?)

lonely_cubone

Quote from: Shining Riku on June 01, 2010, 07:58:40 pm
No problem! ^_^

I'll do the attack, skill, and defend sprites then.

BTW, The Little Humphis' Humphis Song skill made me double over in laughter when I first heard it XDDDD

SOOOO funny! (does it lower defense?)

Thanks! :D
No, it makes enemies run away. And I recorded my voice doing that when I was 11, and then doubled the pitch. I saved the sound file, and now I've used it in every version of the Dimension Adventures I've ever even started to make.

Shining Riku

June 01, 2010, 08:57:37 pm #115 Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 08:59:18 pm by Shining Riku
That's awesome, really :D
I think the voice fits The Little Humphis perfectly, if ya know what I mean.

Since you're using the new version of BABS, is there a state for making enemies run away or something? Lol I was just wondering, cuz the making enemies run away thingy is pretty cool

BTW I made edits of the two types of soldiers for attacking and defending if you want those :D
The guys with the more elaborate armor, I made them use spears, and the more common soldiers in your game, I got sprites of them using swords. Interested?

lonely_cubone

Quote from: Shining Riku on June 01, 2010, 08:57:37 pm
Since you're using the new version of BABS, is there a state for making enemies run away or something? Lol I was just wondering, cuz the making enemies run away thingy is pretty cool

No, I evented that. It was actually quite simple, once I figured out the syntax for the scriptlets **wishes he knew more RGSS**

Quote from: Shining Riku on June 01, 2010, 08:57:37 pm
BTW I made edits of the two types of soldiers for attacking and defending if you want those :D
The guys with the more elaborate armor, I made them use spears, and the more common soldiers in your game, I got sprites of them using swords. Interested?

Yes please, that sounds really helpful! :D

Shining Riku

I think i'll send you a zipped folder with all the stuff inside it. That way instead of posting everything here as a picture I can just send the stuff directly to you.

Are there any other types of badguys that you'll be needing? Like, archers for example. I don't have any archers or axe wielders yet but since i'll be making these for myself, just let me know if you'd like to use them too ^_^

Do you want the sprites really soon, or would you rather me show 'em to you first? I only suggested the zipped folder 'cuz once I got a bunch of stuff for you I can get it to you in bulk

lonely_cubone

June 02, 2010, 08:44:29 am #118 Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 09:16:58 am by lonely_cubone
Yeah, you might as well send it all at once. And you might as well send me the archers and axe wielders once you have them, if you're already going to make them. I don't know if I'll use them, but I might be able to.

Hey mods, do you think this is ready to get moved out of the New Projects section?

SBR*

*wishes he was a mod so he could transfer it to the projects section*

BTW, how long is the demo? And is there a function to move the demo save files to the game? I guess I can simply do that by transferring the .rxdata files for save data, but don't change the old maps and switches then, 'cuz I don't want to play a demo for 30 mins, then do it again in the real game :D.