HOW TO GET STARTED!

Started by C.C. rOyAl, July 16, 2010, 03:07:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

C.C. rOyAl

Does anyone have a Variables and Switches tutorial?? I want to start making Event Systems because of my realization I dont contribute much... But idk what to do first, so can anyone help me??
Spoiler: ShowHide

SBR*

Start with something simple first: simple event systems are quite... simple.  Try to make a running system yourself, look at some event systems other people have made: I have learned a lot by looking at somebody's ice sliding puzzle. Read a tutorial about common events. That's it really (I think :urgh:...).

The 'look at event systems other people have made' would solve your switch and variable problem (I guess...).

C.C. rOyAl

Okay thanks Ill give it a shot  :gunz:

Silentknight72

Maybe give me a specific help/tut you want.

PM Me.
Sigs: ShowHide

ForeverZer0

In my experience, the best way to learn is to look at other's systems and see how they work. If you don't understand them, change different values in them to see what effect they have and see if that helps. Same thing goes with scripting. I remember how I first started scripting and how proud I was just to change the font, or the width of the message windows  :O.o:
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

C.C. rOyAl

Haha I looked at a fishing system and it helped a lot with Variables and how they can be controlled, later Ill upload some screens later cuz I need help making my own fishing system