The Official Phantasy Star Online Thread!

Started by Taboo, February 01, 2014, 09:11:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

The rule for female armor in RPGs: Less is more. The less it covers, the better it protects. How that is possible? I don't think I even wanna know.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

No female is safe in fantasy Japanese games.

What's your character Ryex? I'll most likely choose something different from everyone else.
Also, I always make female characters in any game I play. Would you mind?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

WhiteRose

Quote from: Blizzard on February 08, 2014, 02:08:00 pm
The rule for female armor in RPGs: Less is more. The less it covers, the better it protects. How that is possible? I don't think I even wanna know.

That makes two of us. Haha.

@KK20: I don't mind if you have a female character. Whatever you think would be fun to play. :)

I'm on Ship 2; my account name is WhiteRose16, and my character name is Akari. I'm not sure which you use to message, but message me once you have things figured out.

KK20

Hmm...the Tweaker is running, but I have no GUI of the download process.

Other Projects

Ryex

February 08, 2014, 03:57:51 pm #44 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:25:44 pm by Ryex
It was the same way with me. it tells you when it finishes though.
once it's done your going to want to close the tweaker and go run the games normal launch and let it update. then install the patches with the tweaker
I'm playing a braver. just seems to fit.

I sent you a request Rose, I figured it out you have to use that little booth with the twice circled ping question mark to search for people
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

KK20

February 08, 2014, 04:41:24 pm #45 Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 04:54:25 pm by KK20
Trying to follow the Kotaku guide in making my account. I'm registered, but now I can't "Give my account permission to play PSO2" on step 7. The button I clicked sent me to http://pso2.jp/players/

EDIT: Nvm found it

Now to sit and wait for the downloading/installation to finish.

Other Projects

Ryex

well, I'm now lv 13 thanks to the fact that client orderes from that admin at the quest counter give massive exp bonouses
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

R.A.V.S.O

Moments before joining forces with Ryex I managed to unlock the next area:
I took the liberty of taking some pics for your amusement,
apparently PSO2 maximizes the pic a lot so I'll just spoiler them to avoid unnecessary expansion.

Your standard winter wonderland! (hypothermia not included, thankfully)
Spoiler: ShowHide

as any good JRPG, NPC's do their best to warn you about the obvious yet required task to do in order to carry on...

You get to meet the big bad wolf and promptly tell him where to shove it...
and nothing says "We're having wolf steaks tonight" like a katana-boomerang down your throat.

And even the nauseatingly cute critters appear as well! awww..... so kawaii <3
it's a rather touching sight....

Unfortunately Kawaii and Homicidal-Maniac don't mix so good as you can see....  so I proceed to harvest their oh so valuable items from their lifeless bodies.
Why?....  For the glory of Satan of course!

Afterwards I found Ryex and helped him out on his journey to become a badass braver XD
unfortunately I didn't take pics on that, sorry about that Ryex...

also sorry for the large images, the game scales them so yeah.... things get rather crazy later on XD

Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

KK20

I'm far behind already and I'm still waiting. Currently at 8GB so far. I think I'm going Ranger, probably Human for more balanced HP and defense.

Other Projects

WhiteRose

Quote from: KK20 on February 08, 2014, 07:26:44 pm
I'm far behind already and I'm still waiting. Currently at 8GB so far. I think I'm going Ranger, probably Human for more balanced HP and defense.

You're probably a little over halfway there. You'll make it. Hang in there. :P

@Ryex: You're getting so far ahead of me. D: I'm still level 2. Hahaha. I'll log in to accept your friend request and try to catch up with you.

KK20

10.75GB
I really should be doing school stuff while I wait, but too tired to think straight. Worked at 7PM yesterday and didn't get in bed until just before 5AM. Had to go to school to do my other job at 10:30 ish. No naps today.

And it will probably finish by the time I need to go to bed for work tomorrow. Man... :\

Other Projects

R.A.V.S.O

every now and then the server throws emergency quests, although these do require people to play properly (a party of 4+)
they're great for exp grinding (save your EXP boosts and rare drop boosts for higher difficulties!)

the closest quest you can get which has easily 4+ bosses appearing on the map (killing 2 almost guarantees a levelup) is
the "Atrocious Ocean" quest, but you can only clear this quest a certain number of times.
Personality Test results

WhiteRose

I actually still haven't figured out how to get back into the game world to fight stuff after the tutorial. I know that in PSO1 you could just take the elevator down, but I haven't found the right elevator yet. Do you have to have a quest in order to go fight things?

R.A.V.S.O

Quote from: WhiteRose on February 08, 2014, 10:19:07 pm
I actually still haven't figured out how to get back into the game world to fight stuff after the tutorial. I know that in PSO1 you could just take the elevator down, but I haven't found the right elevator yet. Do you have to have a quest in order to go fight things?

well once you're in the terminal, in order to head back down you need to go to the quest counter and select an appropriate quest
once you accept it you can head back down to the campship (it looks like an entrance to a subway on the terminal)

later in-game once you have access to your first free-field exploration (unlocked by clearing certain quests) by simply going to
the campship you'll automatically start a free-field exploration.
Personality Test results

PhoenixFire

-is downloading updates currently-

Outta be interesting to play..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

KK20

Yessssss... another

Currently at 12.27GB, 2500 files left to go. Over 6 hours in, if that's any indication for you.

Other Projects

PhoenixFire

hmm.. 3 hours in, only 8k files left to go, out of 20k..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

WhiteRose

Ryex and I were online tonight, and had a blast. Can't wait until everyone else has it set up and can join us! We'll have so much fun.

Ryex

Ya, I got her caught up on exp and we went to fight eh dragon boss int eh second area, with rose on Force with elemental damage and heals and me on braver with a katana we made short work of it. though it helped that I was able to combine the Katana gear and katana finish to crit for 3.4k in a single blow. R.A.V.S.O. you we NOT kidding when you said it was high damage.

R.A.V.S.O

you can triplicate it if your katana finish was activated during the katana gear duration + it was the first move you used after doing a perfect block,

yeah braver is basically an all or nothing class XD
Personality Test results