Dolphin Wii Emulation

Started by Ryex, September 20, 2014, 12:18:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I have gathered all three pieces of the Triforce!

Spoiler: ShowHide

Now I can play Skyward Sword. :3
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

Very nice, blizz.
:hm: Too nice 

Vell

Congrats!

Tell me how it is. I haven't played Skyward Sword

Blizzard

Quote from: Zexion on April 09, 2015, 02:11:57 pm
Very nice, blizz.
:hm: Too nice  

Very too nice. Who hasn't been dreaming about having your in-game character move his sword to your own hand movements? For me a dream comes true. <3

Quote from: Vell on April 09, 2015, 02:12:48 pm
Congrats!

Tell me how it is. I haven't played Skyward Sword

Sure. Not sure when I'll have time to get into it, but as soon as I have something interesting to say, I'll share my impressions.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Just a heads up, flying on the bird can be difficult to learn.  The best way to gain height is to hold the controller in place in between swiping left and right.

Such a fun game, but it can be difficult in a few places because of the controls.

Blizzard

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind.
I miiiiiight play tomorrow as I'm going out tonight so I basically declare a lazy day for tomorrow.

Blizzard

Aw, man. Turns out the Wiimote I ordered isn't an original and has problems on PCs (apparently it works fine with a real Wii though). While the first 3 modes on DolphinBar work fine, the 4th one won't sync with the Wiimote and I can't play. It also doesn't seem to broadcast its device name so it doesn't show up on the Bluetooth devices list. I was so looking forward to playing Skyward Sword today. :( Anyway, I just ordered a real one. Probably gonna give this one to Kiki since he has a Wii.

Blizzard

Man, I'm shit out of luck. xD The Wiimote I ordered is a normal one and not a Wiimote Plus. Now I had to order a Motion Plus adapter additionally to that. xD At least it connected fine to DolphinBar and Dolphin.

G_G

It's gotta be that massive ego getting in the way of the item descriptions.

Blizzard

April 15, 2015, 01:42:12 am #29 Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:44:00 am by Blizzard
More like being too hasty. xD Actually it's better I didn't order it. The Wiimote Plus in Croatia is twice as expensive as the normal one. I already paid almost 400 HRK for it and the Nunchuk. The Wiimote Plus alone is 400 HRK.

G_G

Not sure how much that is, but the fact that it's double the price is ridiculous. :/

Blizzard

Currently 1 USD = 7.13 HRK. So that's about $56.

Ryex

that's actually very close to it's price here at $40
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

Look on the bright side, if you ever get a Wii/Wii U, you've got an extra controller for it. xD

Blizzard

April 20, 2015, 02:03:32 pm #34 Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:05:01 pm by Blizzard
So my Motion Plus Adapter arrived today and I played Skyward Sword a bit. It definitely departs a bit from classic Zelda gameplay and feel. Especially the stamina gauge doesn't allow fast-paced battles and you have to strategize more. But I guess that it does make sense since I found myself flailing the Wiimote around to kill enemies and that probably would get old and annoying quickly. I love the fact that you use the nunchuk for the shield, lol!

Winkio was totally right with the Loftwing controls. But once I figured out that the problem I kept having is because I didn't know that "rolling" the Wiimote also affects the Loftwing, it went smoothly. Basically when you roll/spin the Wiimote sideways, the Loftwing does the same. After that it's no problem, even flying up.

Even though it feels a bit weird as a Zelda game, pulling out the sword using the Wiimote was epic. I probably won't be able to play much over the next 2 weeks so I'll leave things at that for now.

Blizzard

*bump*

I've been playing some more today. Beat Faron Woods and entered the Skyview Temple, but that's enough for today. I like the fact that there's a lot of saving points around the world. This makes it possible to have short play sessions like 10-15 minutes only or so. Why I'm not a fan of short play sessions if it's not a casual game, I do appreciate the option and the high quantity of save points. I absolutely love the controls. Experimenting around and trying to figure out new moves is almost as fun as swinging the sword around in battle. I already figured out the different charge attacks for killing the deku plants (?) (it's awesome that you have to point the sword skyward for it to charge even though it does seem a bit picky about recognizing when the Wiimote is vertically aligned) and the jump attack when you run with A.

I understand why some people might not like it as a Zelda game, because that different feel is still there. It's way too "bright". While Zelda games always had a fantastic tone, it always drew a little bit more towards dark and serious with sometimes silly mixed in. This one feels more like a fairy tale. But that might be because of Faron Woods. We'll see how the first dungeon goes and the next area after that.

winkio

Quote from: Blizzard on May 03, 2015, 04:00:28 pmIt's way too "bright".

Although the colors are pretty saturated in general, it definitely doesn't stay like a fairy tale.  There are some legitimately creepy parts, and the scale of the game gets a lot bigger than the first few temples would have you believe.

Blizzard

Sweet. I can't wait then. :) I did have a feeling that things will probably turn around like they do in most Zelda games with 2 sets of temples. I've tried looking at the in-game menu to see what the temple collectibles could be and how many there might be, but until i finish the first temple, I'm basically clueless.

Spaceman McConaughey

Just so you know: when you eventually get to the final boss battle, it is one of the single most epic fights in the series.
The setting, music, and sound design of the fight all contribute to the epicness; but that's all I'm saying.

Blizzard

I don't doubt that. I think I saw a video or two a few years back when the game just came out.

Fun fact (for who didn't know): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKgljOPCbso Listen closely.