Breath of Fire II-style Township System

Started by WhiteRose, January 09, 2011, 04:20:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

Township System
Version: 0.8
Type: Misc. System

Introduction

This system allows you to have the player essentially construct their own town in the game by hiring various people (carpenters, innkeepers, etc.) to build and run the town.

Features

• Easy to modify.
  • Towns can be of any size.
  • Any number of people can be hired.
  • Hired people are separated into two categories: major and minor changes. Maps MUST be constructed for all possible combinations of major changes, so try to keep the number of large changes to a minimum unless you have a lot of time to spare setting up your maps.

Screenshots

Not available or necessary. See demo.

Demo

http://www.mediafire.com/?439dea1nc4q7xye

Instructions

In essence, you're just creating an event that transfers the player to a different map depending on which NPCs they've hired so far.
This system requires quite a few maps and events; please download and examine the demo for a better explanation and example.

Credits and Thanks

• WhiteRose, for creating this system.
  • Dragonmanb, for requesting it.
  • The Breath of Fire team for the original concept.

Author's Notes

The demo isn't particularly extensive, but I figured it would be pretty easy to figure out once you've seen the basics. Let me know if I need to make a more advanced demo.

Dragonmanb

Thanks WhiteRose this will help alot and double kudos for knowing the breath of fire seires
Project Pokemon Academy

Embrace nothing. If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you meet your father, kill your father. Only live your life as it is, not bound to anything.
Said by the best monk ever

lolz

What game is Breath of Fire II? Is it on PSP?

WhiteRose