Dynamic Lighting

Started by AliveDrive, January 19, 2014, 03:25:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AliveDrive

So I was looking at the script on this page and I think it will be handy for the firefly event that I've made.

Here is my problem, since they are always called by switches or self-switches (Day/Night cycle using CCTS), they don't light up.

Take the switches off and it reads that page first calling the lighiting.

Here is an excerpt from that page:

"I still need to:

(1) Make it so only the light's that are visible update
(2) Make it so you can create the player as a light source
(3) Make it so if you set the light source on a separate page (as in called by a switch or something) will activate the light. (thank you to kevin.ds for pointing this issue out)"

So yeah number 3 is the only issue I can't work with. I read that F0 helped him and I was curious if any of you know whether or not something like this can be done.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Heretic86

There are some cool effects coming out of this script, but it does need a few upgrades, just as you mentioned.

Visible updates are a good idea.  Theyre the foundation of many Anti Lag scripts.  It also shouldnt update if erased.

Yeah, player needs to be able to be a light source.

Pages is even better.  I know its possible cuz I just did it in my Animation Speed script.  Other things I dont like about the script is you cant change properties on the fly.  Once they're in the comment name, its stuck that way.  More effective to make it a @light_property read from the comment, then allow that property to be changed by $game_player / $game_map.events[ev_id].light property.  Lets contact the author and see what we can do.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

AliveDrive

Oh nice work, I see you posted on the other forum already.

I've been going through your Art & Scripts collection, does your cave lighting feature work in the same way?

I enjoy being able to change the lights color, as in the screenshot.

Spoiler: ShowHide
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Heretic86

Cave Lighting I did with a Parallel Event and two pictures.  The pic with the Smaller Light just fades in and out.  I think I like this effect better, but would be more useful if the author had included a "Subtractive Light" that ran well.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

AliveDrive

I have seen other scripts that accomplish the same, but the colors are important to me.

I plan on using them as in the example.

Know any method that would allow that to happen?