Legacyblade's Spriting Shrine

Started by legacyblade, February 04, 2009, 06:59:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

February 04, 2009, 06:59:51 pm Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 09:09:29 pm by legacyblade
FOR A MORE ORDERLY AND FREQUENTLY UPDATED VERSION OF THIS SHRINE, GO HERE

Hello everyone. I decided to do something a little out of the ordinary for resource threads. Rather than release a few poses, and a few charsets, I'm going to release ALL my charsets, and all the poses needed for most games for each one. This will take a bit of time to complete, but once I have the thread completed, you will be able to find all the graphics you'll need for any game you want to make, whether it be with RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX, Stencyl, Game Maker, or any other game making engine. All resources and graphics in this thread are free to use in any commercial or noncommercial project, whatever game creation engine you prefer. Just be sure to credit Legacyblade.

(how was that for a keyword filled introduction)

Basically, I am posting a bunch or resources, and the poses you'll need for them for cinematic effect, and even use with ABS engines (yes, that means battle poses!). So, once this thread is complete, you won't need to go anywhere else for all your graphical needs!

Charsets:

Nethera:

charset
Spoiler: ShowHide

skill

Sword Attack:

XAS Set
  (What you'll need for most ABS systems, like XAS)

attack
(For use with Action Battle Systems such as Blizz ABS and other scripts that use action sprite overlays)

Weapons:
(For use with Action Battle Systems such as Blizz ABS and other scripts that use action sprite overlays)

Iron Sword

Steel Sword

Omega's Blade

Sword of Bloodlust

Assassin:

charset

skill

Sword Attack:

XAS Set
  (What you'll need for most ABS systems, like XAS)

attack

Weapons:

Omega's Blade

Bloodlust Soldier:

charset
(the side view frames will be improved soon)

Omega:

charset

Link:

charset

in a barrel
(just one frame, Link poking his head out of a barrel. Soon I'll make enough poses so you can event a barrel minigame with link (walking in the barrel, closed top, etc)

Icons:

Legacyblade

Iron Sword

Steel Sword

Omega's Blade

Sword of Bloodlust

More to come soon

Aqua

Looks good!
Good luck with this project :)

I think you should place your hrs before the headings though.

Can't wait to see more

Calintz

Starrodkirby86

First, aesthetically on the thread, what I dislike is the insanely huge size of the text. It may work on Eminweb, but definitely not here. I suggest you revise it. That's for me though, I'm sure other people beg to differ.

We all know how spiffy this is, so keep up the good work regardless.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

legacyblade

@Aqua, what do you mean before the headings? I'm sorta confused. Glad you like it though, and expect to see some bad*** in a black robe soon.

@Calintz, glad you like it!

@Kirby, alright, I shrunk it down. The huge text was to make up for the lack of ability for  nested spoilers (look at the eminweb topic sometime, lots of spoilers, XD). And I'm glad you like it, and thanks for moving me to the database.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: legacyblade on February 04, 2009, 07:56:13 pm
@Aqua, what do you mean before the headings? I'm sorta confused. Glad you like it though, and expect to see some bad*** in a black robe soon.
I know I shouldn't be answering for Aqua but...

Hentai rules

What you have.

What Aqua wants:

Hentai rules

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

legacyblade

G_G

These are good keep up the good work LB.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: legacyblade on February 04, 2009, 08:02:54 pm
Isn't that what I already have?
If you did have that it would not look like this:

Nethera:

But rather like this:

Nethera:

legacyblade

February 04, 2009, 08:09:27 pm #9 Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 08:10:51 pm by legacyblade
oh, gotcha. I'll edit it.

There, does that look good?

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: legacyblade on February 04, 2009, 08:09:27 pm
oh, gotcha. I'll edit it.

There, does that look good?
Why yes, yes it does look nicer. I hope this is Aqua was thinking of though. But I prefer it. Heh, I'm okay with either way anyway.

I can't wait for the future resources popping into this shrine. Let's populate the place up. :P

Shadonking

these are really cool, i wish i could do custome attack sprites.

powersup

Creator Of Music And Games
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

legacyblade

Small update, bloodlust Soldier added!

Calintz

Hmm...the bloodlust fella looks somewhat weird, but I wouldn't say he's bad. It seems like a new style that I will have to get used to. I just don't think it matches the RTP, but it's nice. Good job Legacy!!

legacyblade

Yah, his sideview is a bit weird, I'm going to have to change it a bit, but for now, that's what he looks like. Glad it's not too bad to be considered crappy.

Calintz

Hell NO!! Legacy. I would never call your work crappy!! You were a big inspiration for me when I was starting out!!

legacyblade

I was? But I was a lazy bumĀ  :ninja: Well glad I inspired one of the hardest working spriters.

Anyways, big update. I've added a character who has most of his graphics done (just a few weapon sprites need finishing), as well as a whole new category, the "spriter's resource" section.

Enjoy!

(sorry about how disorganization the heads are, I wa sn't sure how to organize them x_x)

BTW, a link sprite is on it's way, for all you zelda fans.

shdwlink1993

Quote from: legacyblade on February 14, 2009, 09:28:23 pm
BTW, a link sprite is on it's way, for all you zelda fans.

Yay! Can't wait to see it, LB. ;)
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Calintz

You did a beautiful job on the assassin's attack!!

winkio