[XP] Dynamic Gardening

Started by ForeverZer0, April 14, 2010, 05:44:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KK20

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Ruffsta

December 20, 2017, 02:27:29 pm #81 Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:32:46 pm by Ruffsta
i'm still having an issue with the following:

def self.produce(seed)
    return case seed
    when 0 then [9, 10]      # Only if both seed are the lowest seeds
    when 1 then [10, 11]
    when 2 then [12, 13]
    when 3 then [13, 14]
    when 4 then [14, 15]
    when 5 then [15, 16]
    when 6 then [16, 17]      # Every combination in between
    when 7 then [17, 18]
    when 8 then [18, 19]
    when 9 then [19, 20]
    when 10 then [20, 21]
    when 11 then [21, 22]
    when 12 then [22, 23]
    when 13 then [23, 24]
    when 14 then [24]         # Only if both seeds are the highest seeds
    else
      [9] # Default Value to return, Brackets are important,
          # May contain more than one value e.g [9,10] or [9,10,11,12,13]

AND

when 25 then [9, 10]      # Only if seed is item with Id 25

no matter what numbers i change i get error for 392...

and secondly, the first line is 1-8

SEED_IDS = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8] - (mine is altered 33-40.. kk20 & ThallionDarkshine know why...)

what if i had 100 seeds or more? after all there are TONS of stuff one could plant..

i tried changing the numbers and adding lines but again all i get is errors.. honestly, i'm just getting frustrated at this point
I have TONS of script ideas.. If yer a scriptor just ask me and i will help - i do NOT code scripts but if yer gonna code one of mine i will help with any questions to see it through as to how it's supposed to act/do.

Ruffsta

December 20, 2017, 05:54:10 pm #82 Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 05:58:45 pm by Ruffsta
there's also not enough plant growth stages.. we need more.. i have requested for some in the resources.. but we just need more.. like the following for example.. i know they are vectors, but just to show a point..

what's a gardening script if there isn't enough resources? don't get me wrong, i like the script and all.. but just not enough icons from one source so that they all look right and as a set and not enough growth stages to go with it..

i know this this isn't the forum/topic for resources.. but it had to be said here since everything i am saying does go hand in hand with this gardening script.. so can anyone fulfill some nice icon sets and growth stages to make this script way awesome???
I have TONS of script ideas.. If yer a scriptor just ask me and i will help - i do NOT code scripts but if yer gonna code one of mine i will help with any questions to see it through as to how it's supposed to act/do.

KK20

December 20, 2017, 06:00:58 pm #83 Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:02:22 pm by KK20
That's because you, the user, are supposed to provide the graphics yourself. F0 is a programmer, not an artist. If his demo had plant stage graphics, he got them from somewhere else. This script is not designed to do everything for you. It's a tool that you have to work with.

Also, since this script was designed based on another game's system, the idea of 100 different seeds was never really a thought. Maybe the system you want cannot, and will not, be truly satisfied by this script.

And don't double post within 24 hours.

Other Projects

Ruffsta

December 20, 2017, 06:16:32 pm #84 Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:20:09 pm by Ruffsta
That's because you, the user, are supposed to provide the graphics yourself. F0 is a programmer, not an artist. If his demo had plant stage graphics, he got them from somewhere else. This script is not designed to do everything for you. It's a tool that you have to work with.

no kidding... but i have been asking for resources.. he had the right idea when he used the growth stages in his example, trust me if i knew how to do graphics i would.. but having these kinds of graphics would definitely make this script so much better is all i'm saying.

Also, since this script was designed based on another game's system, the idea of 100 different seeds was never really a thought. Maybe the system you want cannot, and will not, be truly satisfied by this script.

actually it "could" be if we really wanted it to be. my request has already made it better and we still working on it.. well, he is to be honest, just with my ideas.

QuoteAnd don't double post within 24 hours.

and i didn't mean to double post.. it was an after thought..

KK20

Quote from: Ruffsta on December 20, 2017, 06:16:32 pm
but having these kinds of graphics would definitely make this demo so much better is all i'm saying.

Fixed that for you

Other Projects

Wraith89

I'll post this here as a bit of an minor issue, or perhaps the coding clashes, but if you try to use LittleDrago's RPG Maker XP Internal Bug Fix for Parallel Process in the first map in this thread, "back_to_map" feature when hitting cancel doesn't work as intended and instead you're automatically engaging in the Gardening Event when it should not, as if you pushed confirm again. Replicate it by using that fix and this code together and you will see what I mean.

KK20

October 15, 2021, 12:46:32 am #87 Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 12:51:51 am by KK20
I think it's because you're standing in front of the garden event and the Input C from the Garden Scene when you select "No" gets carried over to Scene_Map and triggers the event. So the only thing I can think of is to reset the Input by adding an update call here in Drago's fix:
  def init_parallel_process_fix
    Input.update #<=================
    @spriteset = Nothing.new

You can even reproduce this with just Drago's script alone. Just make a map with an event that gets triggered by the action button (make it show text). Place the player's starting position directly above the event. Upon hitting "New Game" on the title screen, the event will start playing.

I will update the script on that thread. Thanks for reporting

Other Projects

drzhivago420

May 30, 2023, 05:16:59 pm #88 Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 05:28:34 pm by drzhivago420
Is the link dead? Trying to find XP scripts in 2023 is painful  :^_^':
The demo I mean

KK20

Yeah, pretty much all of F0's Dropbox links have expired years ago.

I don't have it on my desktop either.

Other Projects