Syntax Highligting for Code

Started by G_G, June 08, 2011, 01:08:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Quote from: gameus on October 25, 2015, 02:57:57 am
Would it be possible to use regexp and sub out the tab "\t" and replace with like 4 spaces " "?

Meant to originally post this here.

Ryex

October 26, 2015, 01:56:13 pm #61 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 01:59:19 pm by Ryex
LOL!
turns out this functionality is already implemented.

there is a mod setting to configure how many space tabs a space gets replaced with
and this code is supposed to add that many spaces together to set up the tab replace.

this sequence should appear twice in Subs-Highlight.php

not sure why it's not working.

$tab = '';
   if (!empty($modSettings['ch_tab'])) {
       while ($i < $modSettings['ch_tab']) {
           $tab .= ' ';
           $i++;
       }
   }
   // ...
   $js = "\n\t\t" . '<script type="text/javascript" src="' . $settings['default_theme_url'] . '/highlight.pack.js"></script>
       <script type="text/javascript">
       hljs.configure({
         tabReplace: "' . $tab . '",
         useBR: true
       });
       hljs.initHighlightingOnLoad();
       </script>';
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

QuoteNumber of characters between tab columns [ 4 ]

^^
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Wouldn't that mean it's already converted to spaces?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

it's supposed to yes, I'm not sure why it's not working.

Blizzard

Any chance you can find some time to look into it?