[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

drahc

ohh crap i never notice it too until i watch the other video.  :shy:
Well i guess you really practically owned every ABS i have tried Before.  :haha:

QuoteThat's good, I don't want Blizz-ABS to own EVERY battle system out there.

I like this one so humble...  :w00t: :clap:

Sin86

August 01, 2008, 01:34:39 am #581 Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 02:41:34 am by Sin86
Oh ok, well about that bug that I pointed out with the hotfix. I understand that whatever it was you must of edited, try to see if you can find a way to make it where enemies can be activated by switches(we already got target circle bug down) in the next version. It would be a great feature for the ABS.

Blizzard

As I said, it was enough for me to change that little bit of code. Most probably there was an edit earlier somewhere which is required as well. In any case 1.99 will have it fixed.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Caro Ru Lushe

:^_^': Yet the question lies, how long ti'll 1.99 is out?

Blizzard

Depends. I might finish it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I'm a bit busy these days. If not until sunday, you can expect it until wednesday. I can't wait to finish it already so I can finally continue working on my own game. (._.')

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Not sure if this bug is being addressed in the 1.99 update (my head's a little slow today, so if it is forgive me) but I noticed a very strange bug.

I had a cutscene all nice and evented out, with graphic changes for poses, move routes, etc. But when I inserted the BlizzABS script, the graphic briefly flickers to the new graphic, then goes back to the event's first sprite. Furthermore, events don't actually move with their event commands, this is regardless of the pixel movement setting, or the repair movement command. Just thought I'd point it out, and I wonder if I'm the only one getting this bug (yes I have the latest version, at least the one linked to in the first post)

Blizzard

I don't know, I didn't experience such a bug for a long time. I can take a look at it though. I did fix a bug where the set movement route wouldn't work right if there was only one command though. But it rather seemed that it was related to set movement speed than anything else. In any case, I will look into this.

legacyblade

Alright, thanks. If you can't find a glitch, would you mind checking my project file?

Blizzard

Sure thing. If you still have that bug yoyu can send me that map and your Scripts.rxdata. Wait first for v1.99, though.

legacyblade

Ok, I'll wait for 1.99 then. And I'm not sure if the maps and scripts would do it, simply because the scene utilizes lots of custom sprites for the poses, and voice acting.

Blizzard

Hm... You can try to make a little demo instead which features the same bug.

diablosbud

I have some ideas for v1.99, they aren't hard but may require damage display add-ons. How about instead of displaying '0' damage on a block, how about it displays block or parry instead? Also if you could this would be really cool, if you could make it where if you gain a state it pops up [], and in the []'s it displays the name of the inflicted state. This would make for some better understanding of combat instead of constantly staring at your HUD. Also if you could as an addition to Soul Rage in Blizz-ABS v1.99, you should make it pop up the ammount of experience gained on a kill/if Blizz-ABS is enabled, this way since you are taking out the EXP bar for SR that it could be displayed easily without having to access the menu, and if you could make it when you use a skill from your equipment in soul rage it displays the name of the group of skills that would involve soul-rage. If you could please do this few damage display add-ons it would make Blizz-ABS so much more simple to use, and make you look at HUD less, and focus on combat more.

Blizzard

August 02, 2008, 08:15:40 am #592 Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 08:17:27 am by Blizzard
Why should I display status effects? That's what animations are for. And by using the animation stack from Tons of Add-ons you can display all animations from all inflicted status effects.

You have the option FULL_DEFEND in 1.99 which can make you either block or use the normal damage reduction (only for attacks!) of 50%.

If you want to see what skills you have in SRS, you can just use the Scene_SoulRage plugin, that's what it is for.

About the EXP: Levels and EXP are not even crucial for display. In fact I was pretty much against putting the EXP in the HUD, they take too much of the players' attention since they update after every kill. -_- My original idea was a simple HUD with HP/SP and assigned hotkeys only. I'd actually like to remove the gold, status, name, level and EXP from the HUD, but people would start complaining. -_- Instead of the name I was displaying the "face" of the character by using a piece of the spriteset. But oh well...

Fantasist

QuoteI'd actually like to remove the gold, status, name, level and EXP from the HUD, but people would start complaining. -_- Instead of the name I was displaying the "face" of the character by using a piece of the spriteset. But oh well...

If you WILL do it, just in case, I'd totally go with the idea, b/c I feel the present HUD is too much in the way. I'd love it in fact.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

I just might. I'll see.

TLarch

Quote from: Blizzard on August 02, 2008, 08:15:40 am
You have the option FULL_DEFEND in 1.99 which can make you either block or use the normal damage reduction (only for attacks!) of 50%.

Is there somewhere, if not in your script, in the game's scripts where I would be able to change the damage reduction percent?
~TLarch

Memor-X

in a request i made, Blizzard pointed out to me a place in Game_Battler that you can minipulate that, just need to look at the script a bit to figure out how it get's fixed up, anyway, here's the link

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1218.0

also while i'm here, i keep getting some strange bug, when i go to use a skill that has a range of 5 (i normaly always use that range for skills) the red circle shows up but it looks as if it's about the range of 1.5, and that's anoying cause i can still target enemies that are within the range i wanted, i'll post up a screenshot if i can find one

Blizzard

That's a very unusual bug. Can you post the range configuration for skills and the skill's ID as well?

Memor-X

well to save time, i just chnage the return statement at the end of the list so the if a skill isn't in the list, it's normaly 5, that way i don't have to go though 100+ skills making them the same settings, also, i found another bug, when i have the lates version of tons, with no addons on, i get an error

in part 2 of Blizz-ABS on line 941 there's a ArgumentError
wrong number of arguments(1 for 0)

and on that line i have
          actor.refresh(true)

Blizzard

August 05, 2008, 06:42:37 pm #599 Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 06:43:18 pm by Blizzard
That's an impossible bug. O_o There is no refedinition of the Map_Actor class anywhere in Tons of Add-ons. Ok, change that line to this here:

begin
  actor.refresh(true)
rescue
  file = File.open('trace.txt', 'w')
  file.write(actor)
  file.close
  raise 'Blizz-ABS error found.'
end

Now try to call the bug again. The next time it happens your game will crash but generate a text file called trace.txt before that. Open that file and post the content here. You can change that piece of code back then.

EDIT: FINALLY! v1.99 IS OUT!