ForeverZer0

November 03, 2010, 11:07:24 am Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:47:43 am by Baraka
WeatherCreator
Authors: ForeverZer0
Version: 1.0
Type: Script Generator
Key Term: Scripting Tool

Introduction

This is a program created to create weather effects for Zer0 Advanced Weather 2.0 and higher. IT WILL NOT WORK FOR PREVIOUS VERSIONS! It allows non-scripters to easily generate plug-ins for advanced and creative weather patterns, without having to do a bit of scripting. Simply place the desired bitmaps in a folder, run the program, and adjust the movement to your liking. All weather effects can be adjusted in real-time, with every alteration directly effecting the current weather in the preview window. Also includes an Image Exporter that will re-convert the coded bitmaps back into PNG images that will be output to the directory. From here they can be altered/recolored in a pixel-editor to be loaded back into the system for a new effect or a new variation to an existing effect.

Features

• Ability to create totally custom weather effects with no scripting knowledge.
  • Configurable images, movement, and type for every effect. Build a new weather system from the ground up.
  • Generates Zer0 Advanced Weather 2.0 and the default plug-in, which includes 33 types with 108 variations.
  • All new "Mirror Mode" which can reverse all images and movement on the X-axis.
  • Adjust the Thunder Rate in-game with script calls.
  • Configure which weather types only reappear off-screen to avoid sudden pop-ins.
  • Load existing scripts into the program for quick edits, and to use as templates for new effects.
  • Export images for edits and recolors.
  • Complete help text for every step of the creation process.
  • Sample window displayed on-screen at all times to view the weather.
  • Configurable backgrounds, windowskins, and fonts for the WeatherCreator.
  • Has been made as "dummy-proof" as possible to prevent any errors by the user.

Screenshots

Demo

Demo Link

Script

None.

Instructions

Simply extract and run the game. Instructions will be on-screen and are self-explanatory for the most part. Check out the "Options" folder for some optional settings that can be made for the aesthetic look of the WeatherCreator. The generated scripts can be placed almost anywhere below Game_Screen and above main. Place any plug-ins below the actual Weather script. When loading scripts into the system, simply copy-paste them into the "My Weather" text document and saving. All of the files and folders needed for the system will be remade if they are found missing, so if you somehow get them screwed up, simply delete them to have them reset.

Please remember that the generated Weather script by itself has no weather defined in it, you must also have plug-ins to define each effect, although a default plug-in has been included that has all the effects from previous versions, plus a few more.

Compatibility

No known issues with the weather script. Should be compatible with everything, including scripts that use script calls for weather, etc.
The WeatherCreator program requires a minimum screen resolution of 800x600.

Credits and Thanks

• ForeverZer0, for the script.
  • Blizzard, for Bitmap2Code and Input Module
  • Ccoa, for many of the images used in the default plug-in.
  • Agckuu Coceg, for some bitmap recolors of the default Plug-In
  • Selwyn, for the Resolution script used in the WeatherCreator

Author's Notes

Please report any bugs/issues/suggestions. I will be happy to fix them.
If you have any questions on usage, please feel free to post a question or PM me.
Enjoy!
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Taiine

November 04, 2010, 06:38:27 am #1 Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:47:47 am by Taiine
Love this, just love this. Though when you try and export images it does something wooky on my system.

The rain with lightning.. or any one with sound, each sound it opens another one of these!

Spoiler: ShowHide

stripe103

ForeverZer0

Not sure what the prolem is, though I'm relatively certain is has to do with some setting or what not, not Vista. I have Vista on my PC, and don't have any problems like that.  There are no audio alterations done in any in the script. Just the usual
Audio.se_play(blah, blah, blah)

which is all that is ever used.

I did convert the Lightning SE into an MP3, to avoid any lag since MP3s are live-streaming, though it was likely not needed. Try this and see if does anything:

1. Export the Thunderclap SE from a RPG Maker.
2. Set the folder properties of the folder to display Hidden items.
3. Look in the Audio folder and replace the "Thunder.mp3" with your exported Thunder (you will have to rename it).
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ryex

---------------------------
WeatherCreator v.1.0
Script 'Resolution' line 13: RuntimeError occurred.

LoadLibrary: Display.dll

OK   
I get that as soon as i start the game
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Ryexander on November 05, 2010, 02:47:04 pm
WeatherCreator v.1.0
Script 'Resolution' line 13: RuntimeError occurred.

LoadLibrary: Display.dll

OK   
I get that as soon as i start the game

I'm not sure. It doesn't do it when I run it. Check the folder for the Display.dll, its a hidden file.

Ryex

its there
EDIT woh WTF? I restarted my comp and it worked fine
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Agckuu Coceg

When I see it, I had only one thought - WOAH... I'm really liking that idea, and I think many will like it.
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

Memor-X

this might be stupid but you said above that this script wont work with any version of Advance Weather bellow 2,the highest i got was 1.1, will this still work or did you make a typing mistake somewhere

The Niche

This may seem like a tremendously obvious question, but awesomeness flows out of my body through a different hole than yours, Zero. Anyway, does this work with MAWS?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

ForeverZer0

No not at all. The generated plug-in is about the same as MAWS, though. You will have to use the weather script that gets generated to use it. It is a total re-write of the weather class, and does not operate the same way at all.

Ryex

it should be fairly easy to convert the plugin to work with maws should it not?

ForeverZer0

Not really. System works totally different. It uses simple structs to define each "phase" that  the weather is in at any given moment.