[xp] [Blizz ABS Sprites]a small addon

Started by Shalaren, February 28, 2011, 11:13:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

February 28, 2011, 11:13:15 pm Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:15:14 pm by shalaren metropolis
well first of all, I have problems with the knockback system, all he does is walk backwards, and its so slow if its a long knockback,
is there a way that when the char gets knocked back the speed would be real high? so that when he gets knocked back itll be pretty fast, like it should be.

ALSO the addon is to make it so when he gets knocked back it has a chosen sprite to display. like the char getting hurt, ya'kno.
its just that I noticed winkio didnt put this features. Knockback speed, and knockback sprites.

also the lowest knockback is 1.. what about if pixel momvment is 3? i should be able ot make a really short knock back of .33

Blizzard

That's why there is a warning that if you use a high pixel rate, you can't move beyond a certain speed. Blame RMXP and the way stuff was implemented for that.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shalaren

:O.o:, yeah...

ALSO blizz he says he havent used it for over a year and doesnt have the demage cluster anymore S:

winkio

Quote from: Shalaren on February 28, 2011, 11:13:15 pm
also the lowest knockback is 1.. what about if pixel momvment is 3? i should be able ot make a really short knock back of .33

Read the manual pertaining to pixel movement and knockback again, because:
Quote from: that thing I keep telling everyone to readSetting  Tile size (in px)  Max speed 
0          32                     6 
1          16                     6 
2          8                      5 
3          4                      4 
4          2                      3 
5          1                      2 

Quote from: that thing I keep telling everyone to read3.2.8. Knockback
The Knockback option allows you to define the knockback distance in square the target receives. The square size is related to your pixel movement setting, so a knockback of 1 with pixel movement 0 is equivalent to a knockback of 2 with pixel movement 1. You are allowed to have a zero knockback, but not a negative knockback.

In the Weapons module of the script, you must set the value of the knockback method to the knockback (0 - 20).

Shalaren

i read that a few times, my pixel movement is 3, it goes a whole square back at 1 knockback S: so idk what is that section trying ti say, also to the more important request
QuoteALSO the addon is to make it so when he gets knocked back it has a chosen sprite to display. like the char getting hurt, ya'kno.
its just that I noticed winkio didnt put this features. Knockback speed, and knockback sprites.

winkio

hm, you are right, I didn't do that properly, but that was how it was intended to be.

_hit sprites will come soon, but I don't see a problem with speed, since it's dependent on the character's speed.

LiTTleDRAgo

Quote from: Shalaren on March 01, 2011, 04:20:36 pm
i read that a few times, my pixel movement is 3, it goes a whole square back at 1 knockback S: so idk what is that section trying ti say, also to the more important request
QuoteALSO the addon is to make it so when he gets knocked back it has a chosen sprite to display. like the char getting hurt, ya'kno.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,8893.0.html

but I don't think this is the proper way to make _hit sprites