Buying used Computer. Should I?

Started by KK20, August 19, 2014, 03:58:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KK20

I've been wanting to get a desktop for quite some time now. My only problem with computers is that I know little to nothing about good specs. Anyways, this guy is my best-friend's half-brother. He upgrades his computer every year and is willing to sell his previous one to me.
Processor = 6 core AMD Phenom II x6 1055T Motherboard = ASUS M4A89GTD PRO /USB3
16 GB Patriot Memory
Thermaltake TR2-600W PSU
Cooler Master HAF gaming case

1 60gb SSD Drive (root)
1 500gb Drive (data)
1 2TB Drive (storage)

1 DVD Burner

I put in a normal Radeon HD 6700 video card... I took my high end card out when i bought my new system... he can upgrade if he wants however its probably good enough for whatever he is doing.

He's saying $450 (thinks it was $1300 when he got it).

I'm in no need for a gaming computer, but it'd be nice to be able to have the graphics card capable of running some of the modern ones at least. I'm also not the type of guy who likes to have the latest and greatest either (as my old-ass phone is evidence of that), so something that can last me the next 4 years or so is fine.

I'm just wondering what you guys think and if you have any suggestions.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

I think that $450 is a decent price for this configuration. The good thing is that you can upgrade parts later if you want (as opposed to laptops), e.g. in a year or two.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

WhiteRose

I looked up comparable parts, and it would be about $700 or so new for equivalent parts today. Sounds like a pretty good deal. :)

KK20

I've already established contact with him. Yay me ~

Now to find a place to put this all at. I don't even have a desk in my room.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

Set it up on ur bed. Who needs sleep anyway?

Soulshaker3

Wait... you guys have beds? o.o jk  :haha:
Hellow?

PhoenixFire

If you didn't live out in the middle of.. well.. I just read where you live but I don't remember, but regardless.. I would offer to build you some shelving and desk room, but, I think you're more than an hours' drive from me =p
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?