Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 ... 10
Resource Database / Re: Pandora's Box (MASSIVE Res...
Last post by Rhymaestro - May 24, 2024, 03:53:51 am
Someone pls seed the torrent
Electronic and Computer Section / Re: Safe Emulator/rom sites?
Last post by mex.allen - May 17, 2024, 02:11:51 am
As per my research best and safe ROM website is:

Vimm's Lair

Emuparadise

CoolROM

DopeROMs

Retrostic

Rom Hustler

Find more of the full and detailed article here.
RMMZ Script Database / Re: [MZ][MV] Ultra Mode 7
Last post by Blizzard - May 13, 2024, 04:39:52 am
BTW, somebody reported a bug that I fixed today. While doing that, I actually noticed that I have that exact calculation in the code. It's inside the Game_Map.refreshUltraMode7View() function. I use it to calculate how many extra tiles I need to render in looping maps in order that all tiles are visible.
Last post by NandoGRB - May 12, 2024, 11:59:36 am
Thank you for taking your time! I'll make some tests on that. Cheers!
Last post by Blizzard - May 09, 2024, 03:49:19 am
Ugh, I barely check either forum at this point. Usually it's best to ask me in Discord. You were lucky I came across this topic today. xD

Anyway, your use-case isn't actually viable. When using FOV=0, camera distance is meaningless as there is no perspective distortion. There are two ways to handle this:

- I don't remember if I added orthogonal zoom or not. It's been a while since I touched that script. Check if there is an explicit zoom option in the instructions.

- If you set the FOV to something small like 0.1, you will get a near-orthogonal view, but you can still use camera distance to manipulate a quasi-zoom. Keep in mind that you will need a very far initial camera to get the proper size in the first place. If you want, you get even calculate the exact distance you need for a near 1-to-1 orthogonal by using some trigonometry on the 0.1° angle of the FOV and the screen pixel width (can't remember the default width right now). (Off the top of my head I think it's "distance = cos(FOV / 2) * width / 2", just make sure to express FOV in radians instead of degrees when you do the math.)
Last post by KK20 - May 06, 2024, 03:28:23 pm
Might want to contact Blizz directly. He doesn't frequent any of the RM forums often. Could try looking through this thread if the question has already been asked.

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/ultra-mode-7-rmmv-rmmz.94100/

EDIT: oh I see you already posted there
Last post by NandoGRB - May 06, 2024, 08:09:24 am
Hello! Thank you for this amazing plugin.

It seems I can't set camera distance while using FOV 0 for an orthogonal map. Is there a way to do this?

I'm working in a full orthogonal project using the FOV 0 from your plugin, just wanted to set my camera for like 50% more zoom
RMXP Script Database / Re: [XP] XP Ace Tilemap
Last post by mrstrinity - May 05, 2024, 10:26:55 pm
Sorry for the late reply.

The one on the first page.
--------
[12:22 PM]
Okay, I just replaced the modified script and its DLL and it works fine now! Thank you very much for helping me! :D

Spoiler: ShowHide
Projects / Games / Re: Rave Heart
Last post by Starmage - May 05, 2024, 08:47:24 am
Hello everyone! Check out this awesome and detailed tv tropes page that Bugfragged made for Rave Heart ^^:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/RaveHeart
New Projects / Re: Heroes of the Seasons
Last post by Starmage - May 05, 2024, 06:17:18 am
Omggg! Heroes of the Seasons has a tv tropes page! Berry just discovered it today! ^^ It's super cool to see all the accurate information about the game's mechanics and lore! Thank you so much to the wonderful author of this! ^^

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/HeroesOfTheSeasons
Pages1 2 3 ... 10