[XP] Transition Pack v1.11

Started by Fantasist, July 24, 2008, 12:45:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

Post the exact script command you've used. Also, are you using any custom battle scripts?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Kirye

Screen Flash @1
Change Screen Color Tone @5
And then the script is:
$game_temp.transition_type = 5
$scene = Transition.new(Scene_Map.new)

I'm using the RTAB and Nortos' Side View battle system.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Fantasist

Try using this:

$game_temp.transition_type = 5
$scene = Transition.new(Scene_Battle.new)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Kirye

Sorry for the late reply, I've been at Comic con. XD

That's the first code I tried, but it goes straight into the battle without showing the transition.

Fantasist

You mean you've used Transition.new(Scene_Battle.new)? Also, you don't have to call the battle scene through events again. If the problem still persists, could you send me your Scripts.rxdata? And preferably a map with the event you're using to call the battle.

Kirye

Yes, I used Scene_Battle.new, but it crashes when the battle begins if I use Wait 1 frame between the Battle process and the script. The transition will not show at all and will go straight into the battle if Wait 1 frame is not used.

Either way I found a working alternative, so thanks regardless for putting the time in to respond. :D

Fantasist

Well, good for you then :)
But I'm still curious... Oh well.

Cid

I'm a bit confused as to how this all works. This is what I have in the call script command:

$game_temp.transition_type = 9
$scene = Transition.new(Scene_Battle.new)

But all that does is show the transition then produce an error. Am I supposed to be specifying which enemy group to call somewhere? Using "Enemy Encounter" just starts the battle with the default transition.

Fantasist

OK, one thing you need to understand about this script is... now follow very closely... it will effect the transition of the scene exiting, not the scene entering next. So the transition is displayed when exiting from the map, not when starting the battle. Of course, those who have played Chaos Project will know that the map changes directly to the battle without any blank screen. That can be done by modifying the battle scene, and I can't even alias the methods (meaning the script won't be plug-and-play).

PS: Maybe I should include this in the first post... nah, I'll do it later.

Cid

August 20, 2009, 06:13:04 pm #69 Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 06:14:51 pm by Cid
Okay, so how exactly am I supposed to set it up? The transitions can still be used to "start" a battle, right?

Fantasist

Start a battle... I didn't get you there.

1. The current scene transitions into a black screen, then the battle transition starts with it's regular animation.
2. The current scene directly transitions into the battle scene.

Do you mean case 2? If you want that, you will have to edit your scripts a bit.

PS: btw,

QuoteBut all that does is show the transition then produce an error. Am I supposed to be specifying which enemy group to call somewhere? Using "Enemy Encounter" just starts the battle with the default transition.

What was that error?

Cid

Well ideally I'd like it to be case 2, but that depends on how difficult it would be to mod the scripts. I'm alright with having a black screen between the transition and battle start if that's the only viable option.

Script 'Game_Troop' line 30: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method `members' for nil:NilClass

That's the error I get. I'm also testing it in a blank project with no additional scripts.

Blizzard

The calling method was probably executed before the game data in the title was loaded.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Well, it turns out that the problem was Scene_Battle being called before the battle stuff was initialized. Anyway, I updated the script and the demo. Thanks for pointing it out guys :)

Memor-X

and to think i was just about to ask how to get it to work for battle transistions, i love how the Transpose trasition can be customized by chaning the value at the top of the code for it, it was kinda slow for my taste, got it to be a lot fater and longer, just wondering though, the demo has you using the transition on the same map but how would you get it to work between maps

Fantasist

...good question Memor. I'll look into it.

Memor-X

i found a bug, i'm not surprised no one's found it cause it only appears when you encrypt the game files file when you make the game disk, when you got to do a transition, it can't find the screenshot file because the Data folder doesn't exist, i fixed it by making an empty folder called data but i think i know why the error was coming up, the screenshot is being made in the Data folder which becomes encrypted and you can't write to it any more unless you create another folder called Data.....i think you know what i am on about Fantasist, best course of action is to probably chnage the location of the screenshot file to the root directory

also, just to make a note to anyone who wants to burn their game to a CD and play it off from there, you can't if your using this script cause you can't write files to a CD without burning it all the time and in that cause, you need a Rewritable CD/DVD and to change this script to burn and erase the screenshot file every time it's made, i don't expect Fantasist to fix his script to do that cause if anyone on the forum thinks that's a good way to make your game run on a CD, then you obviously don't know why games install then

jasprelao

Wow, this is a great script,
Nice and I want to use it in my game.

By the way,
When I try to do in this sort of commands:

1. Transition
2. Transfer Map

The result will be:Transfer Map Executed First and then the Transition Executed after I've been transferred to other map.
Could you help me for this problem?

Thanks...

MikePjr

Could i make a request for a transition?
I was thinking, a zoom effect much like Final Fantasy 4 for the SNES, where it basically starts to zoom in a little, but then zoomz back out quickly for a sec then zooms all the way in... it's usually done on the overworld map. i'm trying to find a video... but i can't.. so if you have played FF4 on the super nintendo you know what i am talking about.
I was gonna suggest a transition like in caves and such to, but as said before, mosaic would not work too well.
So seeing as their is a zoom already, you could figure out how to do such an affect.

Ryex

Fant is retired from RMXP and we haven't seen him in quite a while. you won't get your request filled here.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />