[XP] Achievements Script

Started by G_G, April 20, 2009, 01:18:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiine

Yeah I realized my error AFTER I posted about it. XD
I am still very much a novice when it comes to scrips. I just barley was able to make my own one man CMS for my game, and even that I needed a -lot- of help with. (But it works, and is BABS compatible!)

Anyway thanks. This script offers more of a reason to do some of the optional side quests in my game by unlocking all achivs and getting a very useful award to get a very useful item and unlock a hidden ending. :3

Just going though what I have and adding them XD

GamerGeeks

is this compatible with RMX-OS? and BABS?

G_G

Its compatible with Blizz-ABS. But I'll need to make a small add-on for RMX-OS.

GamerGeeks

Quote from: game_guy on August 18, 2011, 01:38:40 pm
Its compatible with Blizz-ABS. But I'll need to make a small add-on for RMX-OS.

Do you haver any plans in the future to make that? it would be a awesome funtion to have with RMX-OS

G_G

August 18, 2011, 03:14:32 pm #84 Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:00:15 pm by game_guy
I could do it today. Its a very small add-on. In fact I'll go do it right now.

EDIT:
This should work. I can't properly test it so if you could that would be great. First place the achievements script under RMX-OS Options. Then place this add-on below the achievements script.
module RMXOS

module Options
   SAVE_DATA[Game_System].push('@awards')
 end

end

To test, Give the player an achievement, view the achievement in the achievements scene. Logout, log back in, open the achievements menu and see if you still have it.

GamerGeeks

Quote from: game_guy on August 18, 2011, 03:14:32 pm
I could do it today. Its a very small add-on. In fact I'll go do it right now.

EDIT:
This should work. I can't properly test it so if you could that would be great. First place the achievements script under RMX-OS Options. Then place this add-on below the achievements script.
module RXOS

module Options
   SAVE_DATA[Game_System].push('@awards')
 end

end

To test, Give the player an achievement, view the achievement in the achievements scene. Logout, log back in, open the achievements menu and see if you still have it.

i did like you said, but it gave a error. please see this picture http://i54.tinypic.com/rs4n0n.jpg

Blizzard

Should be "module RMXOS" on top there.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Woops. Thanks Blizzard. Try it again if you could please. :3 If all goes well I'll add it to the main post.

GamerGeeks

August 18, 2011, 04:06:00 pm #88 Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:11:27 pm by GamerGeeks
okay now i can open the game and join the server... but when i try to open the  Achievements menu then this happens http://i53.tinypic.com/dfvyh4.jpg i use this event to open it http://i56.tinypic.com/kao845.jpg and when i gain a reward then this shows up http://i55.tinypic.com/j5jkvl.jpg if you need it then i can give you a client that works for my server so you can test it...

G_G

Yeah sure PM me the client and I'll work on it. :3 Also if its not too much trouble could you reset your database?

GamerGeeks

pm send,  is it the mysql you want reseted? becorse i can do that :)

G_G

I keep getting disconnected everytime I try to register. And yeah the MySql database.

GamerGeeks

August 18, 2011, 04:36:17 pm #92 Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:39:55 pm by GamerGeeks
thats becorse i just fooled around with mysql. i think it will work now :)

Edit: i am online on it now

G_G

Updated script to 2.23. Added a small compatibility check for RMX-OS that prevents people from opening the Quick Scene while the chat textbox is active. I had problems trying to type because I couldn't press shift. Also added the RMX-OS save patch.

GamerGeeks

awesome. have a quick question, is the Achievements stored local or over mysql? if not mysql, would it be hard to  do so it run over mysql? i quess that would be a edit in both rmx-os script and Achievements script?

G_G

RMX-OS is setup already so all data saved is stored over MySql. Thats what the patch was needed for.

GamerGeeks

okay, i see you have made a quest system (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,3689.0.html) that works with RMX-OS dose that save on mysql too?

Wizered67

I'm pretty sure he just answered that question. RMX-OS is already set up to save the data on MySQL so as long as there is an RMX-OS plugin for a script it will most definitely save it on MySQL. Just look to see if the script has a plugin.

GamerGeeks

sorry its just me who is stupid. ofcorse it will save on mysql

bigace

Hey game_guy, I wanted to know if you could add a shop to the script that allows the player could spend the points on stuff not found normally in the game.

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.