Recent posts

Pages 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Script Requests / Re: [RMXP] Pixel-based movemen...
Last post by KK20 - February 05, 2024, 02:17:31 am
What scripts did you try using in the past? It's going to be easier to just find things that work the way you want them to and repurpose them to your needs.

For example, Drago's pixel movement allows toggling events to use pixel movement, and I'm aware of some caterpillar systems that utilize events. Other caterpillar systems create a new type of map object (e.g. Map_Follow, Game_Follower, Caterpillar_Actor) that can probably be modified to work with Drago's script.
Script Requests / [RMXP] Pixel-based movement an...
Last post by tsuchiphox - February 04, 2024, 05:15:02 pm
I want to use pixel-based movement in my game, but if i use a simple pixel movement script it can't use the caterpillar script for party members. I know there are scripts that totally redefine everything that have both these features, but they ALSO make it so you have to use 8-directional spritesheets and make collision maps and stuff. I don't want all that, just a really simple pixel movement script that also applies to party followers/caterpillar support. Doesn't really matter to me if the pixel movement doesnt account for smaller objects, just want to make it easier to walk around. Is this possible/is there already a script like this that i was unable to find?

Basically, the kind of script i'm looking for might work like this:
Use standard 4-direction spritesheets
Allow pixel-based movement (Not using a collision map, just the tileset's impassibility)
Have a caterpillar system that also moves with pixel-based movement / Work with another caterpillar script

For reference, my game does not use any other scripts that affect movement or have any caterpillar script. It used to, but i removed them during testing and i have not put them back in.
Welcome! / Yo!
Last post by tsuchiphox - February 04, 2024, 05:05:20 pm
I've been lurking on this website for a while to make little games and stuff, but i decided to make my first full game recently and i thought it's time to make an account here
New Projects / Re: Heroes of the Seasons
Last post by Starmage - February 01, 2024, 02:48:03 am
Hello everyone! Here's the third set of Mercenaries Spotlight for Heroes of the Seasons! <3 Stay tuned for more! ^_^

Last post by Starmage - January 29, 2024, 12:34:01 am
Hello everyone! Here's the second batch of mercenaries spotlight for Heroes of the Seasons!

Stay tuned for more mercenary spotlight :D

Last post by Starmage - January 26, 2024, 02:38:26 am
Here's the first set of mercenaries spotlight video for Heroes of the Seasons! ^^

Stay tuned for more mercenary spotlights!

RMXP Script Database / Re: [XP] Weapon Specific Skill...
Last post by Jotari - January 25, 2024, 11:21:01 am
Opps. Yeah, the issue was just that the enemy I was testing with didn't have enough SP to use the skill in question. Sorry about that. Obvious in retrospect.
Last post by KK20 - January 24, 2024, 09:29:46 pm
Worked for me on a new project.

You sure the enemy can naturally use the skill (e.g. has enough SP to satisfy the SP cost)? Remove the script from your project and confirm the enemy is still unable to use the skill.

Otherwise, will need your project files to investigate it further. Highly doubt it's a script compatibility issue; I think it's more of a database configuration issue.
Last post by Jotari - January 24, 2024, 03:06:12 am
Quote from: KK20 on January 23, 2024, 02:06:27 pmDid you try adding the script in a project? Looking at the code, the logic is only being applied to Game Actors, not Game Enemies. Your concern shouldn't be an issue.
Yes, I tested it. Made a skill need an element and then gave an enemy only that skill and the enemy's turn just kept ending with nothing happening.
Last post by KK20 - January 23, 2024, 02:06:27 pm
Did you try adding the script in a project? Looking at the code, the logic is only being applied to Game Actors, not Game Enemies. Your concern shouldn't be an issue.
Pages 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10