Character Fusion

Started by fjurio, December 22, 2010, 06:33:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

January 11, 2011, 11:50:58 am #20 Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:27:30 pm by The Niche
Ah shit, forgot all about this. I said I'd release my new version as a mounts add-on for Blizz-ABS tonight though, so I'll make sure that happens. Unless you have any complaints, Fjurio?

EDIT: Ok, taken a look at the script, this shouldn't take too long. Does anyone want to request features for me to add in? (@Fjurio: If you want to add these to the original version, I'll send you them)
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

fjurio

Quote from: The Niche on January 11, 2011, 11:50:58 am
Ah shit, forgot all about this. I said I'd release my new version as a mounts add-on for Blizz-ABS tonight though, so I'll make sure that happens. Unless you have any complaints, Fjurio?

No complaints. :)

Quote from: The Niche on January 11, 2011, 11:50:58 am
(@Fjurio: If you want to add these to the original version, I'll send you them)

That would be nice. It would save some work for me.

The Niche

Alright, grand. Sorry about the delay, I'm just ironing out a few bugs.

Well, Rose is.
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

fjurio

Just wanna say, i´m working on the compatibility with the blizz-abs.

Planned features:
- possible time that two actors can be fused together depends on exp (the fusion actor loses exp->lvl over time)

current problems:
- i need to change the order of the actors in the group after fusing to actors. Right now i dont know how to change this order.

Feel free to tell me other ideas or suggestions.

The Niche

Quote from: fjurio on January 14, 2011, 09:55:39 am
Just wanna say, i´m working on the compatibility with the blizz-abs.

Planned features:
- possible time that two actors can be fused together depends on exp (the fusion actor loses exp->lvl over time)

current problems:
- i need to change the order of the actors in the group after fusing to actors. Right now i dont know how to change this order.

Feel free to tell me other ideas or suggestions.

Hey! :V:

I think I could implement the first one. Rose told me there's a way to exchange the actors directly, I'm working on it. I have my own workaround, but that shall be my little secret.

:V:

fjurio

QuoteI think I could implement the first one.

I wasn´t sure if you still working on it so i just started including my ideas. But i see you done a good job. ;)

However i think i will continue my modification just as an addition. I think my idea is more tactical and yours are more handy. So people can choose what they want...

The Niche

Yay, I'm a tool! Wait...
Anyway, that sounds like fun.

fjurio

Sorry i am late. I made the charakterfusion compatible with BlizzABS. But same as Niche i had my problems to change the partyleader after the fusion is done. That´s why it is just a 0.9 version.

features:
- how long you can stand fused depends on the exp that you gain. If you don´t gain exp the level will decrease and the advantage of the fusion will be less, so you have to choice the right moment to fuse.

The Niche

Hmm, I must have a crack at that as well.

megaman30796

good luck 2 all of u trying 2 make it! u got my full support!
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

fjurio

I found the commend leader_switch in the ABS but right now i don´t get a use of it.  :(

The Niche

Hmm, I tried that as well, couldn't understand it.

fjurio

January 31, 2011, 10:39:42 am #33 Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:44:34 am by fjurio
Ok, thanks to Blizzard i have found a solution to change the partyleader after the fusion.

Regardless i get an error if a party member attacks the enemy:
Spoiler: ShowHide

It is the 3rd part of the BlizzABS and the line 909:
Spoiler: ShowHide
if skill.plus_state_set.any? {|s| $data_states.slip_damage}
       @battler.last_slip_attackers.push(_battler)
     end

EDIT:
I think i get the error if the ally AI try´s to use the fusionskill. But i don´t know i he get an error. If the partyleader execute the fusionskill the system works perfectly.

The Niche

I've encountered that error as well, I'm pretty sure it's just to do with allies attacking the enemy. Although my allies in my demo work fine, it's only in my game that it occurs.

fjurio

Right now i don´t if i did something wrong or if it is a error of the BlizzABS.
I would be glad if winko could take a look on it.

winkio

Are you using v2.84?  Because I'm pretty sure that was an error in 2.83 or 2.82 that I fixed in 2.84.

fjurio

February 07, 2011, 04:51:58 pm #37 Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:57:41 pm by fjurio
Quote from: winkio on January 31, 2011, 04:08:56 pm
Are you using v2.84?  Because I'm pretty sure that was an error in 2.83 or 2.82 that I fixed in 2.84.

Ok, problem solved (edit: but not yet updated). It was v2.82. Thanks. :)