The Proper way of Giving Credit to Others in RPG Maker

Started by Kyra, April 18, 2011, 12:17:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyra

I never knew how you were supposed to do it. Do you do it in the credits of the actual game? Do you add it in the README or Version Notes? Do you make an individual file with the install to thank them?

Does it matter and have to be in a certain system, like editorial citations? Or can you just thank them in any way you want as long as the others can see it?

ForeverZer0

I personally thank that the beginning/end credits of the game suffices.
A readme document in the game folder could also be a nice touch in addition to the game credits. It wouldn't hurt also to ask each person (if possible) if they would prefer their real name to be used instead of or with their alias name.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Blizzard

I made a special scrolling screen in my own game (since there are many people to be credited).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

stripe103

April 18, 2011, 05:22:05 am #3 Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:25:17 am by stripe103
I've never come that far in the game making, but I thing I should first have it seperated by writing what they do; Scripting, Eventing, Mapping etc. You could also write what parts everyone made, like
========[Mapping]============
          Kyra - This and that town
Some other guy - Those castles

=======[Scripts and functions]====
      Blizzard - Combat system and Online function
   ForeverZer0 - Message System

And so on. If you are uploading your game on a site where most people work with Rpg maker and know about it's scripts, you can write the scripts names instead.

And in the end, you can have special thanks and such

Noob Saibot

You really only need one area. If you do it in game then I say do some at the beginning (major players) and end (everyone else).