Neko RMXP Player for Android

Started by AliveDrive, January 13, 2014, 06:08:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AliveDrive

January 13, 2014, 06:08:57 pm Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:08:22 pm by AliveDrive
So as you may or may not know there is an app out there which will play RPG Maker XP games on your phone.

I have been testing out serveral games and, while there are still some bugs as the app is still in dev, it works pretty well.

I am curious if any of you have used this, what your experiences with it were, and any information you can offer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following scripts have been tested and have at least partial functionality. They are, in no particular order:

List of Working Scripts!

- Blizz-ABS 2.85 Package + Blizz-ABS Config 2.84 (Partial: Touch input needed)

- Tons of Add-ons 1-3 (At least partial)

- Nortos Title Skip

- Advanced Weather

- CCTS

- Universal Message System

- Enemy Detection System

- Skill Shop

- Advanced Time and Environment System (ATES)

- Bestiary

- Map BGM in Battle

- Chaos Project Save Layout

- Custom Title Screen

- I have found a script which does lagless touch input and pathfinding, but did not have any luck getting it to work myself.

- RMXP Standard Development Kit (SDK)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What these all have in common, is that they do not rely on win API calls I believe.

I actually have no idea. But maybe someone sees a pattern in these scripts?
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Zexion

I have it at the moment and so far im impressed with the dedication of the developers. The one game i tried had a bug when I opened the menu and i was max leveled. i kinda just tossed the app aside saying eh it will probably die out. About a week later it was fixed in the update o.o

AliveDrive

Have you tried it recently? The worst issue I am experiencing is a slight graphical glitch where priorities are displayed incorrectly.

I am able to run all of my script less vanilla RMXP games without it blinking, and it doesn't drain the battery a ton.

The only problem is that it doesn't support many custom scripts right now.
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Zexion

I have, actually. The game I'm currently playing has no errors other than the android buttons glitch out sometimes upon map transitions. Also, my old project worked with all scripts after removing the custom resolution (for obvious reasons.) I wanted to try the newest custom resolution by kk20 since it's dll-less

AliveDrive

January 15, 2014, 09:27:23 am #4 Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:18:22 pm by AliveDrive
I am able to use Zer0's CCTS, however, when I press the upper right button it will crash for some reason. This is excellent news because it means I will be able to find out what those buttons do.

Also, sadly Zer0 CMS does not work at this time. I am looking through to determine where it must call a win api but so far have been unsuccessful.

If enough interest is shown, I can post the scripts I have found to be working.

EDIT:

Large Image: ShowHide

It's strange. Zer0 CMS seems to work just fine when I load my game. Everything works, Tons, CCTS, no crash.

But when starting a new game I get a whole slew of errors related to Tons, CCTS, and Zer0 CMS.

EDIT2:

Oh hey G_G, I got the touch working! ^.^

Large Image: ShowHide

G_G

January 15, 2014, 11:23:47 am #5 Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:25:57 am by gameus
I'm gonna go ahead and move this to RPG Maker General discussion, it protains to RPG Maker still.

EDIT:

Also a list of working scripts would be cool. Maybe we could edit the first post. I'll get my android SDK tools up and running again and see if I can't decompile the Neko APK file. I'm guessing since Android is using Java, he's using JRuby to execute this. I'll dig around after work and see if I can't come up with a working decompiled source code. If anything, I'll e-mail him and see if he'd be willing to share the source code with original credits and license in tact.

AliveDrive

Wow G_G that'd be pretty sweet. Check your skype for more information.

I'll go ahead and post the scripts that I have tested so far.

locowhiteknight

I haven't used it yet, but I have definitely downloaded it now. Thanks for the heads up.   ;)
"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

WhiteRose

This looks awesome. I fired up a couple of old projects on it and they seemed to run more or less alright. It will be a ton of fun to be able to take some RMXP games on the go - it will finally give me time to finish all of everyone's projects! I wish that there was an option not to stretch the aspect ratio, though; hopefully that will come in a later release.

AliveDrive

It appears that different resolutions may be a factor at times, at least when displaying pictures.

Spoiler: ShowHide

I really need to redo the berries text and get rid of that ugly white border.

WhiteRose

Quote from: AliveDrive on January 17, 2014, 09:47:06 pm
It appears that different resolutions may be a factor at times, at least when displaying pictures.

Spoiler: ShowHide

I really need to redo the berries text and get rid of that ugly white border.

It's probably something to do with my phone having a widescreen resolution. There's probably a way to force it into standard aspect ratio for Neko - I'll have to look into it.

Zexion

A few graphical glitches never really bothered me :P I'm used to them from using pj64 and other emulators lol

Ryex

I KNEW I'd seen that window skin before! It's the one I made for my demo of my collapsing cms! glad you like after all these years.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

AliveDrive

January 31, 2014, 04:29:05 pm #13 Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:41:14 pm by AliveDrive
Quote from: Ryex on January 31, 2014, 02:18:11 pm
I KNEW I'd seen that window skin before! It's the one I made for my demo of my collapsing cms! glad you like after all these years.

A long time ago when I was new to the forum I asked if anyone knew who made it because it was my favorite windowskin.

Still is! It's the default in all my projects but some of them have the option to change it later.

EDIT:

I got Zer0's CMS and the Touch Input working. The CMS looks beautiful with it's sliding menus on my phone! :)

WhiteRose

Quote from: AliveDrive on January 31, 2014, 04:29:05 pm
I got Zer0's CMS and the Touch Input working. The CMS looks beautiful with it's sliding menus on my phone! :)

Nice! What did you have to do to get it to work? Probably some edits to the scripts, I'd imagine.

AliveDrive

Yes, every time an error popped up I would go look at the line.

In most cases, I simply #'d that line and it would work, but maybe it would be better to upload the working edits.

I still have a weird bug where pushing the top right button with CCTS (maybe Zer0 CMS I forget) will cause a crash, but I'm holding out for the Neko devs to allow key mapping in the next few updates.

WhiteRose

One thing that would be really amazing would be if we were able to get it to support Blizz-ABS. The biggest hurdle would be the custom inputs, most likely. I wonder if we can contact the author of the app and coordinate efforts to get it working. In return, we could make an awesome demo game or something.

If this app takes off, we could even end up bringing a bunch of people here to Chaos Project. That would be amazing!

chaucer

Quote from: WhiteRose on February 01, 2014, 01:08:31 am
One thing that would be really amazing would be if we were able to get it to support Blizz-ABS. The biggest hurdle would be the custom inputs, most likely. I wonder if we can contact the author of the app and coordinate efforts to get it working. In return, we could make an awesome demo game or something.

If this app takes off, we could even end up bringing a bunch of people here to Chaos Project. That would be amazing!

lol i was actually working on getting blizz abs working on this, it seems to work pretty well, except the limitation of buttons I've created new item/skill window to set skills to A & Z buttons(also set them to trigger skills) but wierd bug with buttons being changed/removed with blizz abs >< aside from that it cant jump/run/sneak/hotkeys lol and it seems to have a weird visual bug with the default hud & the Behavior / hotkeys scenes other than that it's fine. a custom hud seems to work fine however.

ThalliumShine

Sorry for the Necro but why does NekoPlayer does not work on my phone? I have all the needed requirements, such as the player, copied a game I made (encrypted) and pasted it like what it says on the player manual, and it only gives me a black screen when I run the game then closes it afterwards.

WhiteRose

Quote from: ThalliumShine on April 27, 2014, 06:35:02 am
Sorry for the Necro but why does NekoPlayer does not work on my phone? I have all the needed requirements, such as the player, copied a game I made (encrypted) and pasted it like what it says on the player manual, and it only gives me a black screen when I run the game then closes it afterwards.

Have you tried running a different game? The player has trouble with some custom scripts, so not all games work properly. I've also never tried it with an encrypted game, so I'm not sure whether or not that would affect anything.