[XP] The Dimension Adventures

Started by lonely_cubone, April 29, 2010, 10:36:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Niche

I'll fight you for him! Actually Riku, do you know where m ore of your kind can be found?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

Shining Riku

More willing and possibly able spriters? Dunno really.

And I can help the both of you. For now, keep the sprite requests to map sprites, I'm not that great with the larger images yet.

What do you need done?

The Niche

You're grand for the minute. But we're both abs users. Rather than having to sprite bigger picture, you'll have to do more work!
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

lonely_cubone

Riku, spriting the Little Humphis would be great. I don't really know how to explain what he looks like, other than what I already have, except that his head is bigger than the rest of his body, and he's overall 2/3 the height of an RTP character. Thanks, if you could sprite him! :D

The Niche

lonely_cubone

Yes Niche, definitely bobble head power ;)

Actually though, the Little Humphis and Grabnam come from an animated movie I made when I was like 12. That's where that thing in the Story Plot about Grabnam coming along with Somethinf, Leppa, and the Ugly Toad comes from. Obviously I've fleshed out the personalities of the characters since then, but their physical appearance has stayed the same. And the Little Humphis was really easy to animate when he was just a bunch of little balls, so that's actually the main reason he's physically so strange.

The Niche

BOBBLE BODY!!!

You could make him have a special attack where he nods his head really fast. And does a little dance.

lonely_cubone

That's actually a good idea. The only skills I have for him so far are throwing his pickle and singing to scare enemies away. And that sounds like the kinda thing he would do.

The Niche

Sounds like someone I'd like to meet. How about other characters though?

lonely_cubone

Well, I technically haven't said who all the playable characters are. I mentioned all of them, but didn't say which of the mentioned characters join you. So I can't really tell you their skills without giving that away. I guess I did say that Ben and Mr. Ghostie do.

Ben's only skill that he starts with is Rage. It does what you'd expect: he just runs at people and attacks them randomly with a lot of power. After you meet Budd, he gives Ben some more interesting abilities, like telekinesis (moving stuff with your mind) and creating powerful equipment for other characters.

Honestly, I have no idea what Mr. Ghostie's skills are yet. He's the last character you get, and probably the least developed, so I don't know much about him at all. :P

If anyone can guess all 3 of the other playable characters (Budd does not count), I will send them a copy of the demo before I post it here.

The Niche

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,38451.0.html
That's a tutorial I'm currently working my way through on making psionics.

I'm going to hazard a guess that Grabnam is playable since you mention him a lot. You also mention that the Shade Walker is a valuable ally. Last one, I'm gonna go with Kymph because she appears to be a love interest  :P, but for a suggestion, it'd make an interesting character development if you made one of your villains playable. I'm hoping you know this already, but I haven't seen any suggestion of it, so VILLAINS ARE PEOPLE TOO!! There is no "ultimate completely evil darkness god of death who really really wants to kill you. Rest of you, burn those last two sentences into your foreheads so you remember every time you look in the mirror.

lonely_cubone

Not surprisingly, you got all 3 :^_^':. I wasn't thinking of Kymph as a love interest, but it's a good idea. Whose love interest were you thinking of? And don't worry, the Shade Walker, who does have a name, becomes less and less evil each time you see him, basically. You discover his true intentions for being in the Zany Dimension in the first place, and eventually you help him finish what he started. And when you get back to the Zany Dimension (not at all the end of the game), Grabnam ends up joining you.

Anyways, I should be done the demo in a day or 2, and now I guess I'll have to send it to the Niche before I post it, but it'll definitely be posted by the end of the week.

By all means take your time, but Shining Riku, how's the Little Humphis sprite coming? Are you still planning on making it? Just wondering, it's fine if you haven't started yet.

Shining Riku

I've been procrastinating D8

Um, are there any distinct features on the Little Humphis I should know about? I dunno if he has eyes or a nose, and stuff like that XD

The Niche

I attribute it to my genius.  :haha:
And about Kymph, the little humphis, on account of you mentioning him in her description. The way it goes in rpgs, as far as I know.  You also mention that meeting him changes her. If that ain't suggestive, I don't know what is :D

Wait a second. I get the first copy of the demo? WHOOOYEAH!!

lonely_cubone

May 11, 2010, 06:22:38 pm #34 Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 06:26:15 pm by lonely_cubone
@Riku: Um, no nose or ears, but he has 2 eyes, and a mouth. No fingers or toes either, but he still holds a pickle in his left hand. Thanks again for doing this!

@Niche: Yep, and it's almost done. I'll pm you a link when I finish, which should be tomorrow at the latest. Also, that's an interesting idea, having something between Kymph and the Little Humphis. Then again, the Little Humphis seems too childlike to have a romantic relationship. Maybe the Shade Walker... :huh:

The Niche

Lemme see. A demon has a relationship with...as far as I can tell, a hooded cloak? But you're forgetting something. Kymph could actually change the little humphis as well as him changing her. How the hell can you nearly have a demo done already?! I'm nowhere near that stage and I've been working on EWIII for at least three months.

lonely_cubone

No, there's definitely somebody underneath the cloak, and he's pretty much human. He actually has quite an in-depth character, I just didn't say much about him because when I made the first post, I didn't want to give away the fact that he's a good guy. And it's true, the Little Humphis does change and I guess mature over the course of the game, but you meet Kymph quite early, so maybe that could happen a while after they meet. Hey, since Kymph is the only girl in the party, maybe the Little Humphis and the Shade Walker could fight over her. But that might be kinda weird, too.

Technically, I've been working on this game for at least 2 years. I've started making it at least 5 times, and each time it's better than the last one, but then I stop for a while and when I come back to it, I start a new one. But since I've posted all this stuff on this forum, I think (and hope) I'll actually finish this version. So yeah, I've got a bit of a head start. Don't worry, you'll probably be ready to make a demo pretty soon, even if it doesn't have all the final sprites and music and stuff, which mine definitely won't.

The Niche

And yet you go and tell us all about him  :P. From what I gather, the shade walker is a bit serious for a relationship. Your choice of course. And I shall upload some more pics soon.

Shining Riku

May 12, 2010, 11:45:02 am #38 Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:21:29 pm by Shining Riku
Ok, thanks for the details lonely_cubone! I'll try having him finished today.

EDIT:

I know he doesn't have a pickle yet, but I just wanted you to see how he looks.

Does he always carry the pickle in hand? or is it just a weapon he whacks stuff with? I guess it doesn't matter
but I just wanna make sure i'm doing everything right ^_^

lonely_cubone

That's pretty good. The colour's off though, he's supposed to be more turquoise-coloured. And try to make the different spheres just slightly more connected, with the shading. Other than that, it looks great.