[XP] Advanced Time and Environment System

Started by fugibo, March 09, 2008, 11:08:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Yeah. Just too bad WcW left and didn't have time to improve my basic version. =/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

...I'm probably gonna replace this with a system called "Hyperion" soon.

Blizzard

Hyperion is the name of the second spaceship of the main villain in CP. :P

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

Hyperion is also a Greek god, father of the Sun and Moon. The "sun" and "moon" effects are created by this script. Seemed an apt name to me.

Blizzard

Hm, interesting. I knew that Hyperion was a god or something, but I didn't know he was the god of "sun and moon". Good idea for the system.

ali madan

sorry but I can't figure out where's the downlaod link

Blizzard

Good you noticed. This post seems to have been damaged during the move. =/ I restored it.

Vein Pyroclasm

Quote from: Blizzard on September 03, 2008, 04:36:47 pm
Look in the script. Day and Night trigger switches which you can use to determine the daytime. You can obtain the hour by using "$game_system.ates.time.hour" (without the double quotes).
Your best idea would be to assign the value to a variables (using "$game_variables[ID_NUMBER] = $game_system.ates.time.hour") and adding that to the event's precondition.

I really don't understand this statement lol...I want to make it so that i.e. a certain person may be in a certain place in a certain time frame.  Or they may say different things at different times in the day.  Can you tell me how to do that?

Blizzard

October 27, 2008, 03:54:03 pm #28 Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 04:02:05 pm by Blizzard

This will make the girl be there only between 8:00 and 20:00. I'm sure that you know how to use the conditional branch event command. Just do it the same way there.

Vein Pyroclasm

October 27, 2008, 04:18:10 pm #29 Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 04:29:05 pm by Vein Pyroclasm
Quote from: Blizzard on October 27, 2008, 03:54:03 pm

This will make the girl be there only between 8:00 and 20:00. I'm sure that you know how to use the conditional branch event command. Just do it the same way there.

Ok i followed your directions but I get a Syntax error now when i press new game

EDIT

Ok let me tell you what i did....My game hour variable is set on number 0500 so i set my parallel process to run the script as...

$game_variables[0500] =
$game_system.ates.time.hour

Then i set a bat on the map to only show up when variable 0500 = 12, but then the second page it makes him invisible when the var = 20

So i created an event that advances time 12hrs when i step on it (this was to test the system) but when my time is advanced to 12:00 the bat still doesn't show up

Blizzard

No, NOT with leading zeroes. Leading zeroes convert your number into the octal system making it 320 in the decimal system. -_-

Vein Pyroclasm

Yea, see i set the bat to show up at like, let's say 1 and vanish at 6....even if I switch those two numbers of when he shows/vanishes, he repeatedly keeps showing up at 8.  Why is that?

Blizzard

I'm not sure as I haven't tested it myself.
Keep in mind that if the condition of a higher page is valid, then the higher page will be displayed as it has priority. Maybe it's that?

Vein Pyroclasm

Quote from: Blizzard on October 27, 2008, 05:30:22 pm
I'm not sure as I haven't tested it myself.
Keep in mind that if the condition of a higher page is valid, then the higher page will be displayed as it has priority. Maybe it's that?

Hmm, well i don't think that is it, but I made you some screens so you can see what's going on

Spoiler: ShowHide

Aqua

Just to let you know, the way you named your event, the monster id 1 will ALWAYS be on the map when the event is present, it just might not be visible.

To fix it, you should get rid of \e[1] from the name, then on page 1 with the bat graphic, set it to parallel process and have:

$game_map.rename_event(EVENT_ID, '\\e[1]')

Note that the 2 backslashes are important.

Vein Pyroclasm

October 27, 2008, 11:10:20 pm #35 Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:36:30 am by Vein Pyroclasm
Quote from: Aqua on October 27, 2008, 09:30:47 pm
Just to let you know, the way you named your event, the monster id 1 will ALWAYS be on the map when the event is present, it just might not be visible.

To fix it, you should get rid of \e[1] from the name, then on page 1 with the bat graphic, set it to parallel process and have:

$game_map.rename_event(EVENT_ID, '\\e[1]')

Note that the 2 backslashes are important.

Ok thanks for the heads up, but will this fix my time problem?

and do I need to replace EVENT_ID with something?

I really think this may some sort of bug in the script.  I don't see why in the hell it won't do what i'm trying to get it to do  :???: lol.  I mean sometimes if i set the variable on the first page to 6, the sprite set to show up doesn't show up until 8, almost like 2 hours late.  I had thought that to be some kind of bug and tested it seeing if it would vanish at 20 if set at 18 and it did, then when i tested with new numbers it wouldn't work....actually it either didn't appear at all, or wouldn't vanish.  It's really aggravating.  And i can't set an event on parallel process all the time especially if i need that event to be triggered by the players button....like talking to a character. 

Also Blizz i tried the variable numbers you showed me in your screenshots.  Well Shot one shows the sprite appearing at Var. 8 and vanishing at 20, well when i tested that, the sprite didn't appear till 20 and then vanished at 8.  Could i be doing something wrong? or is there a bug in this script?

I also tired eraseing the second page and putting the sprite to show up at 1 and guess what? It showed up at 20!!! I mean like wtf?!? it didn't even have anything to do with the number 20 lol.  So no matter what number i set the page to make the sprite vanish, it always vanishes at 20.  So i've gone into the script and found that night begins at 20, so i changed that to 22 to test if that had something to do with it and my sprites began vanishing at the number 22 instead of 20.

And Blizz if you read this, I put some screenshots on the post before this one

I'm sorry for the constant edits and long post, but IF it's a bug then I wanted to make sure I get across all the facts I found towards it.

Blizzard

October 28, 2008, 07:02:24 am #36 Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:06:47 am by Blizzard
Weel, first off, your third screenshot's event uses variable number 1 instead of 500 and secondly, the "Through" option is not activated.

Vein Pyroclasm

Yea i know, i realized that.  You see I had made 2 variables for game hour by accident, but even so i corrected that and had the same issues.  I even used the through option.

Blizzard

October 28, 2008, 10:09:43 am #38 Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 10:12:10 am by Blizzard
Alright, I can't see any mistakes on your side anymore so there might be a problem. I'll look into it as soon as I can.

Vein Pyroclasm

Quote from: Blizzard on October 28, 2008, 10:09:43 am
Alright, I can't see any mistakes on your side anymore so there might be a problem. I'll look into it as soon as I can.

There's no hurry lol.  I just wanted to give my game a cool system where i can havfe certain times made for certain events, but it's really not a big deal, I can just make them start 20 = Night and 12/8 = Day and have the events set to work at day OR night.  But i just thought you guys should know about the problem