[XP] RO Job/Skill System

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:24:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

You need to define additional save data.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ojp2010

Quote from: Blizzard on August 31, 2010, 02:44:53 am
You need to define additional save data.

I thought I may have too.

So something like this? Not sure if those are what need to be defined or not.

Spoiler: ShowHide

if !defined?(RMXOS) || RMXOS::VERSION < 1.09
  raise 'ERROR: The "Blizz-ABS Controller" requires RMX-OS 1.09 or higher.'
end
module RMXOS
  module Options
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@skill_level')
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@job level')
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@job exp')
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@job points')
  end
end

Blizzard

Yeah, something like this. Just make sure you use proper capitalization and don't forget characters such as _ (underscore).
You don't really need that first part that checks whether RMX-OS is installed or not. I only use that so scripts that depend on other scripts will tell the user to add the other script or else it won't work at all.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ojp2010

August 31, 2010, 10:32:52 am #123 Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:48:39 pm by ojp2010
Quote from: Blizzard on August 31, 2010, 10:25:53 am
Yeah, something like this. Just make sure you use proper capitalization and don't forget characters such as _ (underscore).
You don't really need that first part that checks whether RMX-OS is installed or not. I only use that so scripts that depend on other scripts will tell the user to add the other script or else it won't work at all.

Alright thanks I will have to look up what the actually name of the variables that need saved are. But for now time for class. Thank you for the speedy response.

EDIT: This is what I have come up with so far
module RMXOS
  module Options
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@job_level')
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@job_exp')
    SAVE_DATA[Game_actors].push('@job_level_change')
  end
end

I am having a hard time deterring what the data name is for things that need to be saved. I know; current job levels, current skill levels, current job experience and current skill experience, are what need to be saved I just can't seem to get the right ('@blah_blah.blah').

Holyrapid

Hi. I got this sorta of error
when i tried using leg sweep in the demo.
What's wrong?

Blizzard

September 04, 2010, 04:02:52 am #125 Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:37:03 am by Blizzard
I'll look into it.

EDIT: There you go, it's fixed. It was only necessary to change "skill_max_level" to "skill_max_level?". It was a typo on my part.

Holyrapid

So, i apparently can fix this my self. Thanks.

shintashi

October 25, 2010, 01:15:09 am #127 Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:28:35 am by shintashi
I found this script while looking for a way to do skill levels. I've never done RO before but the description of this script looked amazing. When I read the instructions though, I must say I was a bit overwhelmed.

# START RO Skill Database
#
#   You can define the max level of each skill here. Use following template to
#   set up your configuration:
#
#     when ID then return NUMBER
#
#   ID     - the skill ID
#   NUMBER - the maximum level

First of all, is this thing referencing skill numbers from the data base or are the skills all made from scratch? Second, can someone provide a sample template(s) of what goes in this Database? I haven't the foggiest clue what's supposed to go in there, or anywhere else. The whole "when # then return #" is a bit confusing, all I know for certain is the characters start with no skills and I have no idea how to set up this job thing.

Thanks for any assistance.

Holyrapid

I'll try to explain. Look at the code under this:
when id then return NUMBER
Simply means this: when database id (say 1) then return NUMBER (maximum level, say three). So with those examples, it would look like this:
when 1 then return 3

Now your Heal (or what ever is the first skill in your database) would have a maximum of three levels. It's that simple really...

shintashi

October 25, 2010, 08:13:01 pm #129 Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:35:15 pm by shintashi
Quote from: DesPKP on October 25, 2010, 02:58:39 am
I'll try to explain. Look at the code under this:
when id then return NUMBER
Simply means this: when database id (say 1) then return NUMBER (maximum level, say three). So with those examples, it would look like this:
when 1 then return 3

Now your Heal (or what ever is the first skill in your database) would have a maximum of three levels. It's that simple really...

That makes sense. I tried when 1 then return 20, and then tried setting Alusis (the fighter) with heal (skill #1) through the data base, but his skill list (along with the others) was blank.

Edit: I tried "$scene = Scene_SkillChange.new" in an event and the menu came up, allowing me to spend points to buy skills and view their levels, but is there a way to view a character's actual skill levels from their skill or status menu?

Additionally: I get a script error when I try to use the heal spell "line 915" or so, "undefined local variable or method 'actor' for (Scene Battle+gibberish). Has anyone else received this error?

Spoofus

a rather dumb question here,
does this script work with EQUAP?
i'm wondering if this does or not due to how im doing my protagonist skills
he/she learns skills from equipment then is able to level them

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

I haven't tested it, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. Just try it out and you'll see.

Spoofus

it does work well with this actually you can upgrade the skill being learned through EQUAP while learning it
which is nice actually

gotta love compatibility

Blizzard

Quote from: Spoofus on November 01, 2010, 03:00:40 pm
you can upgrade the skill being learned through EQUAP while learning it

Spoofus

welp while doing battle testing i got this error while using skills in battle

i did disable EQUAP and still got it
and if i put this script below TONS like in the list order no text for the skills or items show up

Blizzard

You should put it below Tons. There's just a problem with the font. Try turning on the Ultimate Font Override.

Spoofus

November 02, 2010, 04:35:06 am #136 Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:08:17 am by Spoofus
if you put it below TONs the skills wont even show up in the stormtronics menu either you cant even select the skills or anything
it's like they dont exist,but the weird thing is if you put this script above tons the skills show up and work.
you can use the skills through the menu just fine but in battle you get the error.

i do have font override on too, i dunno what could be causing the problem i have taken out other scripts i have to see if they was causing it and still end up with the same results.

i could put up my scripts.rxdata to see if anyone else gets this problem too(i am still testing as i posted this)
EDIT:
after a long session of testing for the error i have found out,this script is not fully compatible with EQUAP cause if you have the scripts in order you still need to learn the skill through RO job/skill in order to master it by EQUAP and the sp cost wont show up right in the menu.
also skills that dont level at all work fine in battle, but say you have the skill HEAL and its max level is 5,it doesnt matter if you level it or not everytime you use it in battle you will get the error above it doesnt matter if EQUAP is on or not you will still get the same error.if you take this RO job/skill out completely everything works fine. im thinking one of my scripts may be confliciting about it but im not sure of which one it could be if there is one causing problems at all. this is a issue for me dunno bout anyone else,due to the fact that the player party members besides the protagonist learn skills through this script while the protagonist learns them through EQUAP.
EDIT2: probably would help if i added the cade right?  :^_^':
 # change SP considering skill level
      battler.sp = old_sp - (@skill.sp_cost *
        actor.get_skill_sp_cost_factor(@skill.id)).to_i
      @status_window.refresh
the error comes from the line starting with actor.get_skill

Blizzard

Hm... Try changing it to @actor.

Spoofus

November 02, 2010, 09:16:54 am #138 Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:45:00 am by Spoofus
nope it didnt solve it sadly
edit:
noticed something else too,the skill being learned in EQUAP wont up up update in the menu or battle skill window until you unequip and reequip the piece it is being learned from if you put the scripts in order from the script placement thread

another edit:
Yin has manged to solve the problem i believe

the line: actor.get_skill_sp_cost_factor(@skill.id)).to_i
needs to be changed to this:battler.get_skill_sp_cost_factor(@skill.id)).to_i
and it seems to work just fine

X-Law

November 21, 2010, 07:18:36 pm #139 Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:54:06 pm by X-Law
-

AlbatrosStorm is on sale now!