Started by fjurio, December 22, 2010, 06:33:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fjurio

December 22, 2010, 06:33:35 pm Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 09:03:22 am by fjurio
Character Fusion System
Version: 1.0
Type: Skills

Introduction
This event system allows you to merge two characters into another one. It works like a skill.

Features

• enable fusion skills that fuse two actors into another
  • fusion skills are added only if the conditions are met
  • settings for the fusion actors are as simple as for an ordinary actor
  • the level of the fusion actors can be calculated at your own will
  • the exp that are won with the fusion actor will be added to the normal actors
  • skillanimation can be used to simulate a real fusion
  • if you got the idea of the system it is easy do modify it (merge three actors into on/ merge two fusion actor into a new fusion etc.)
  • in general every setting are simple since it is based on events and no script calls are needed
  • combatible with BlizzABS (right now there is an error while a partymember attacks but i don´t think the reason is the event system)

Screenshots
Spoiler: ShowHide

Demo

Demo for BlizzABS 1.0

Instructions
The system exchanges the actors to simulate a fusion. For more download the demo...

Credits and Thanks

• fjurio

Author's Notes

I tried to be useful and made this event system since it was asked for: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,7808.0.html
The most work was the english language...  :^_^':
I added comments in the demo to make it as simple as possible. But i think even if i made mistakes the system is pretty simple to understand if you see it.
Anyway if you find mistakes tell me. Also if you have questions just ask. If needed i can make some additions but at the moment i´m just tired...  :)

Edit: just a update for compatibility with BlizzABS

Duckaiser

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting this! Thank you!

It sounds like it does everything I asked for (and more!) but unfortunately I can't test it out right now, probably not for a while. Once I do try it out though, I'll let you know how it works out.

fjurio

Ok, i will wait for you report

Happy Christmas!  :)

megaman30796

does this work 4 blizz-abs?
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

DeXuS

Hey this sounds like Fire Emblem.  Sweet...  :)
(Think that was the games name, I have not had a NES since I was 12)

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: DeXuS on January 06, 2011, 04:31:53 am
Hey this sounds like Fire Emblem.  Sweet...  :)
(Think that was the games name, I have not had a NES since I was 12)

Mayyybe. But probably not, if you're referencing it towards an NES. xD

The only thing I can think of that can have some connection to the Fire Emblem series would be all of them after 7 (Or the Game Boy Advance ones), since there was such a thing called a Triangle Attack, a collaborative attack only met with certain conditions (and people, who I think were all female Pegasus Knights).

x3

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

DeXuS

:'( I'm loosing my memories?   :scared: 
I rember you had to fuse to become a amfibian to go under water...  As to the platforn...  It may have been a gameboy game.  I may have to break down and use wiki, because I get nothing from google.

megaman30796

ughhh....can any1 answer my question? :^_^':
"You know the world is going crazy," Chris Rock declared in 2003, "when the best rapper [Eminem] is a white guy, the best golfer [Tiger Woods] is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA [Yao Ming] is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush,' 'Dick,' and 'Colon.' Need I say more?"

The Niche

No reason why it shouldn't. I haven't looked at the system, but I need it, so I will soon. I'll tell you then.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

megaman30796

megaman30796

Starrodkirby86

fjurio hasn't logged in for a few days. He may be back sometime soon, but who knows~ And the Niche has other things in life than simply working on his project too. :p Patience is a virtue, my friend!  ;)

Just test it yourself. The Niche gave you his educated guess. Make a new project with Blizz-ABS or backup your current project and try the system out. You may have to do a few different things for it transition nicely into Blizz-ABS (I don't know, maybe you do, maybe you don't), but just try it out, if you haven't. xD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

megaman30796

the problem is im currently not using my computer and this computer is way lots of trouble... :huh:

fjurio

Quote from: megaman30796 on January 05, 2011, 08:36:15 am

Sorry for the late reply, i was in the holidays... :)

Right now it wouldn´t work with the blizz-abs since you can´t fuse on the map. But with some modification it would be possible. At the moment i can´t promise to add this but i will take a look in the middle of the week.

BTW: Happy new year! :)

megaman30796

New year is about 10 days ago..... :haha:

The Niche

Quote from: fjurio on January 09, 2011, 05:52:12 pm
Quote from: megaman30796 on January 05, 2011, 08:36:15 am

Sorry for the late reply, i was in the holidays... :)

Right now it wouldn´t work with the blizz-abs since you can´t fuse on the map. But with some modification it would be possible. At the moment i can´t promise to add this but i will take a look in the middle of the week.

BTW: Happy new year! :)

*Is saved work he never did*

:ninja:

Anyway, couldn't you like remove the two actors, add the new actor with the fusing graphic and then when the fusing graphic is finished change to the regular graphic?
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

WhiteRose

Quote from: The Niche on January 10, 2011, 08:17:52 am

Anyway, couldn't you like remove the two actors, add the new actor with the fusing graphic and then when the fusing graphic is finished change to the regular graphic?

That would still leave out some important features, such as giving experience to the actors who participated in the fusing.

The Niche

Looks like I'm gonna have to work at this after all. Right, I'll bash it around a bit and send Fjurio my work later on tonight.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: WhiteRose on January 10, 2011, 12:35:54 pm

That would still leave out some important features, such as giving experience to the actors who participated in the fusing.

Set experience value into a game variable (Hooray for Call Script?), then when the party members return, add EXP from a game variable?

WhiteRose

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on January 10, 2011, 10:13:04 pm
Quote from: WhiteRose on January 10, 2011, 12:35:54 pm

Set experience value into a game variable (Hooray for Call Script?), then when the party members return, add EXP from a game variable?

Right; I'm not saying that it would be impossible or even difficult. I was just saying that the system as Niche currently had it planned would be insufficient.