[XP] Particle Engine OR assistance with a Particle Engine

Started by MindOnFire, September 19, 2011, 12:56:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MindOnFire

AliveDrive suggested I post this here, so I'm trusting his judgement. I better not get in crap for this. XD

I'm actually just having a lot of difficulty finding a Particle engine I can actually USE in RMXP. The one I have right now was created by arevulopapo of rmxp.org, and it keeps referring to a demo that it doesn't actually come with for help. I get an error whenever I try to test an effect that I'll go into if anyone wants to help with that. I've seen the engine used to great effect in a video demo of a game but can't actually get it to work at all.

Alternatively I'd like to find a particle engine I can use easily (if such a thing even exists) for things such as flames, blood, and possibly weather effects. (Think the effect from the world map in Chrono Trigger when you're in the apocalyptic future.) I keep finding references all over this site and the rest of the internet to one called Near Fantastica's Particle Engine (sometimes v2) but I can't find the actual engine and attempts to find games running it have come up short as well. The only one I found didn't have an editable project file (same goes for one I found using arevulopapo's.)

To be honest, I think I'd prefer to find a different particle engine if possible.

Also, I'm not using the SDK. I don't even know what the heck it is. I only started using XP really a few months ago and then stopped after running into an unfixable bug in my project. Plus life just kinda stalled me from doing anything RM related in general. >_<

If there's anyone on here who'd be able to help me, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it.

And no, I'm not just going to disappear after this help request again. Like I said, I stopped using RM for awhile so I didn't go on any related sites for quite some time.
Then.
Now.
Forever.

AliveDrive

1. There may or may not be a working particle effects engine developed by winkio.

2. Please post a download to your project, as well as your current understanding of what the problem is heeyah.

3. We are happy to have a long term member join us, and hope you are eager to learn and contribute to the community!
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

MindOnFire

Okay. I'd be very interested in a different engine so keep me posted XD. Thank you for your help and I'm doing that now.

My project is basically just a default game at the moment, one map and 2 events where I tried to implement the particle effect on a sprite. But I'll post all that stuff in its own thread. And again, thank you. :)
Then.
Now.
Forever.