Orochii Zouveleki Character Maker
Version 1.03 - Visual Basic 2008
This is a tool I made several years ago, then this week took again and added some small new features.
It's a character generator. It uses a set of graphics, then combines them. You select between multiple hairs, body types, shirts, etc. And it merges it all into a single image.
I made this for my personal use in my game, to make lots of NPC variants and stuff. But it's made in a way that it supports adding graphics (because I'm making resources as I need them anyway).
There are things that could be better, but right now it works. And for the sake of usage I converted CharaMakerXP resources to be used in this.Features:
- - Supports all PNGs except for 4bit colors because VB2008. Only PNGs though, sorry!
- Can work with alpha channel.
- Exports to 24bit PNG with alpha channel.
- You can add resources just by dropping them into the proper directories.
- Preset save/load. Save the chara you're making, and load it. All saved into a pretty simple format.
- Can set it to use female variations. You can just pile them all in one place too, but it's meant to make things cleaner.
.Net Framework, any version is fine.Downloads:
OZ Chara Maker v1.03 (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13006190/OZCM_103.rar)
XP RTP Resources (converted from CharaMakerXP) (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13006190/ExtraResources.rar)Changelog:
1.03 - It now saves width/height. And there is a checkbox to set if it uses female parts or male parts.
1.02 - Added preset save/load. Top layer for hairs. Female version support for various objects. Proper window resizing.
1.01 - Bugfixes that I don't remember. Added multiple sized character support.
1.00 - Initial version.
He said "with" alpha channel. xD
I mean, 32bit PNG. I always make the distinction because a 32bit PNG is a 24bit PNG with 8 extra bits for alpha. For me the color is 24bit and alpha is a post-process.
Didn't know that VXAce can't handle 24bit PNGs though. I'm glad I always use 24bit only for adding alpha xD (so I never actually use 24bit).
Yeah, we found out just recently. If you try to load a 24-bit PNG with no alpha channel,you get a hard crash. >.<