Your Life Here

Started by Blizzard, May 24, 2013, 03:45:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

Wow that is some nice fortune man! Be grateful for everything you have and don't turn into some snot nosed punk like my brother haha.

KK20

Last Sunday, for my grandpa's 80th, we all went racing. Went to the K1 Speed in Anaheim (same location as this video). First time ever doing anything like this. I'm also not the type of person who really would find interest in kart racing. Me, grandpa, sister, father, 3 cousins and their fathers (total of 9) all went at it. I was nervous as hell, but after the first lap it all went away.

Because we were ranked on fastest lap speed, I came in 11th with 39.287 seconds, just a second faster than my grandpa. How bad is that? 10th place, my sister, was 33.569. My dad got the fastest among us with 30.803. I'm not sure what I did wrong--I practically floored it on the straightways but still had people passing on my sides *shrug*.

Overall, it was pretty fun. I'd like to visit other areas since each track is different (plus the fact I still have 2 races left). But I think I'd only do it with a group of friends/family.

I'd post pictures, but I don't know where they are at.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

June 20, 2013, 02:59:39 am #22 Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:04:17 am by Blizzard
Yesterday Dario and me were talking to some Asian girls at the club (Dario met one of them the day before). At one point I took one of their Android phones, downloaded King of Booze, gave us a 5 star rating and left a comment that says "YES would bang 10/10". It was hilarious, but it wasn't the first time I did that. She was all like "you should have to pay for doing something like this", I give her a kiis on each cheek and I'm like "there, you got EVEN 2 kisses, more than most people get". It was a fun night out.

EDIT: lol

Spoiler: ShowHide
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

June 20, 2013, 09:54:06 pm #23 Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:31:32 pm by Ryex
so my life has been well, bland. I'm working 50 hour weeks at a place called Grand Junction Pipe. Major Region distributor of Pipe and other utility supplies to western Colorado.
I work both as a counter man and as a general warehouse employee. I'm normally exhausted when I get home at 530 every day and I have to go to bed at or before midnight to get enough sleep to get there at 7 the next day.

I got into New Mexico Tech when I'm going to go for a computer science degree instead of the Aerospace engineering degree I've been working on for the past... 3 years? fuck...

anyway, I'm faced with the reality that I'll be in school for at least another year and a half to get my BS in Computer science a prospect I both despise and greatly look forward to. the sad thing is, I don't need this degree. but my future will change drastically if I DO get it as people in the computer science field with a BS generally get starting salaries 20 grand higher than thous who don''t

we'll see how the next year goes, but at this point I'm not sure I can stick through the bullshit, especially now that I'm finding that I'm going to have to redo a bunch of bullshit classes I though I had taken care of but didn't transfer.

I'm get depress a lot when I think about my future, I often feel like the world is going to shit because people are either too stupid or too dam greedy to stop it. and I also feel like I've wasted almost 2 years of my life. 2 years that should of been some of my best, all because I let myself believe my dad when he told my I'd be sitting in a cubical typing useless code all day and that wouldn't be fun at all.

geh, I had to dump, this felt like the best place. thanks for reading I guess.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

Quote from: Ryex on June 20, 2013, 09:54:06 pm
all because I let myself believe my dad when he told my I'd be sitting in a cubical typing useless code all day and that wouldn't be fun at all.

I love how the older generation has such a negative opinion of computer science.  My parents are the same way.  And I actually like Mechanical Engineering, but it all honesty, it is not at all more exciting working in a cubicle doing cost analysis, CAD modeling, or engineering computation.  Technical work is usually bland, but computer science is not any worse than other office jobs.  In fact, if you like it, it's definitely better.

Zexion

Hey I'm a computer science major and my dad is proud because I'm the first to actually go to a far off university. I was just wondering, what can I do with a degree in cs?

Ryex

just about anything with a computer
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

KK20

Quote from: Zexion on June 20, 2013, 11:09:42 pm
Hey I'm a computer science major and my dad is proud because I'm the first to actually go to a far off university. I was just wondering, what can I do with a degree in cs?

O.o I thought you were going into something art/animation related.
Adding onto your question, I have a friend who was supposed to major in business (typical Asian route amirite?) but got stuck in computer science. No desire to program at all--practically hates it, despite the fact he has received an A in almost every class. I'm wondering what a non-programming, not very techie (thought an OS was Visual Studios and tried executing a .dll), computer science major could do?
Quote from: Ryex on June 20, 2013, 09:54:06 pm
we'll see how the next year goes, but at this point I'm not sure I can stick through the bullshit, especially now that I'm finding that I'm going to have to redo a bunch of bullshit classes I though I had taken care of but didn't transfer.

Same happened to me. Added another year to my expected graduation date. Hopefully the CS program there isn't ridiculous like mine.
I'm get depress a lot when I think about my future, I often feel like the world is going to shit because people are either too stupid or too dam greedy to stop it.

I'd think any sane individual has felt/thought this at some point in his or her life. I'm still there.
Quoteand I also feel like I've wasted almost 2 years of my life. 2 years that should of been some of my best, all because I let myself believe my dad when he told my I'd be sitting in a cubical typing useless code all day and that wouldn't be fun at all.

Our goddamn world needs more supportive parents. Cannot stress that enough. It makes me sick.

Other Projects

Zexion

Quote from: KK20 on June 21, 2013, 12:08:08 am
O.o I thought you were going into something art/animation related.
Adding onto your question, I have a friend who was supposed to major in business (typical Asian route amirite?) but got stuck in computer science. No desire to program at all--practically hates it, despite the fact he has received an A in almost every class. I'm wondering what a non-programming, not very techie (thought an OS was Visual Studios and tried executing a .dll), computer science major could do?

I really wanted to be a music major because I felt that I had a gift I learned trumpet/sax/clarinet in a few months and played better than a lot of the top people at my highschool. I actually played percussion, and I was only marginal at that (but I've gotten really great at that too). I've never once found music to be a chore. Even when I can't play an etude correctly or get frustrated I still love doing it. That's where I feel that I really belong.
Art is really just a really entertaining hobby for me. I thought about going into graphic design, but stopped because I couldn't even pixel a nice sphere at the time I thought of it. I never really looked back at it.
I've always dabbled in programming, I know I'll never be anything close to great in it, but it's where the money is at. Unfortunately, money made all the difference when my dad basically decided that I would major in computers over music, haha.

Blizzard

My parents used to look down on my hanging on a computer all day and stuff, too, but after a while, when they realized that this is what I wanted to do with my life, they accepted it and supported me fully. I am very grateful for that. These days they are very proud of me and my master degree.

I also love to make music, but I could never see it as a means to earn money with it.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

Random moments at work (I do inventory for different stores, just as a heads up):

I was counting food items in the freezers when a guy walks up to me asking what store I am working for. I explain to him that I did not come from a store nor do I work for a store. He shakes his head and clarifies, "What's the name of this store?"

There was an awkward pause between him and I. The whole time I was thinking 'Do you just like to walk into random buildings for fun? Or are you really that stupid?'

I reply, "Stater Bros.", he says "Thank you," and walks away.

I stare at him for a few seconds with a confused as all hell look on my face.

Other Projects

G_G

I just had a great night out with the most perfect girl. I absolutely love her to death. Treated her to dinner, got her some flowers, then I picked up a necklace with her birthstone in it. I had ordered it just a couple of weeks ago. Today was our 6th month anniversary, now I know it may seem silly to celebrate a sixth month, but I've never done it with any girl before and I've never wanted to do it with any girl until this one came along. Today was a wonderful day.

KK20

The only thing silly about a 6th month anniversary is when it is not called a 6th month mensiversary  :V:
But congratulations nonetheless! Happy wishes so you can celebrate a legit anniversary~

Other Projects

G_G

Ugh. My girlfriends mom is just really irritating. I've got a kinda-ish long story and for those interested in reading, thank you.

Quote from: gameus on June 05, 2013, 06:22:07 pm
(On a side note, my girlfriend currently lives with me, theres a long story behind that, but yes, she's coming to live with me at my grandmas as well).

Like I said, there's a story to this and I feel the need to share it with someone. Yes we've only been dating for 6 months and yes she's already living with me, which in a lot of peoples eyes, is reckless and stupid because we're both young and we have no idea how long we'll even be with each other, and at this crucial point in our lives, if we don't end up with each other much longer, then it puts us both in a bind, because she has nowhere else to go. And due to the person I am, I would let her continue to live with my family and me until she found a place of her own or managed to find someone else to stay with. So yeah, it's a mess, and yeah it's a very touchy situation at the moment and we're both just kind of living it step by step until we reach the next phase of our lives and relationship.

So anyways, let me start. I met her back in the beginning of December. I met her at this school dance, now funny thing, she had already graduated from highschool and her cousin Ashley invited her to the dance. My friends Jeren and Anthony had both invited me, and funnily enough, I ended up asking my friend Madi to accompany me, I didn't want to go alone. If it weren't for Madi, I would have never have met Brittany. Madi is actually one of those girls who's pretty much a bro (a lot like Robin from How I Met Your Mother). Anyways, I'll skip most of the night and go on.... pretty much, I started talking to Brittany and after a week of knowing her, she got into a bad situation with her mom. Her mom is an alcoholic and one night she got in pretty bad shape and ended up hitting Brittany. Brittany already being 19 was sick of her mom and how she acted and moved out, her aunt gave her a place to stay for a few months while she saved up money and found a place of her own. Skipping even more, about three months, Brittany looked and looked and couldn't find a place she could afford. Unfortunately where we lived at the time, there were hardly any jobs above minimum wage, so one person can't afford to take care of themselves, especially with the cost of living there. She had no choice but to move back in with her mom. Her mom promised the basement for 150$ a month, and the basement was supposed to be like an apartment. Brittany was supposed to be allowed to do whatever, whenever, and bring anyone over. She was promised to be able to have room mates and even a pet, that all changed after Brittany had moved in.

At first, her mom was okay with Brittany doing whatever, but after a couple of weeks her mom started getting to a controlling point. Her mom would constantly text and call Brittany to see what she was doing and when she'd be home. And when Brittany decided not to go home that night, her mom would flip out and threaten to kick Brittany out. There'd be maybe two or three nights out of the week where she wasn't home, but why would it really matter? She's paying rent and shouldn't have to be home if she chooses not to. A) She's an adult and B) she's paying rent, yes she still has to abide by her mother's rules since she is technically the landlord, but it was getting to the point where Brittany had to be home at a certain time and she couldn't drive past a certain time. This led to many arguments. Brittany ended up getting hit by both her mom and step dad. During those nights the fights got bad, she'd come over to my house and stay over. And of course, her mom would bitch about that as well. And when these arguments happened, her mom usually got drunk beforehand and that's usually why the arguments started. Then her mom found out that we'd sleep in the same bed whenever she'd stay over, she didn't like that and she thought it was sinful and not the christian way. So she said we needed to get married before sleeping with each other or living with each other and straight up told her daughter she'd go to hell. Now here's where it starts to get bad. Her mom is now telling her entire family lies about me. I've personally have done nothing but be nice to her mom. For example on Valentines Day and Mothers Day, I got her mom flowers because her asshole step dad wouldn't. Instead, he would go out and spend a few hundred bucks on the new Wii U and some video games, yada yada. Anyways, she starts spreading all these lies that I'm controlling Brittany. Brittany stays at my place for a good four-five days because she didn't want to deal with her parents. Her mom assumes that I'm making her stay at my house and not giving her the freedom Brittany wants.

It got really bad one night, Brittany was bruised up bad on her arms and had a nice red mark on her face from being slapped. I didn't call the cops because Brittany asked me not to, she didn't want her parents to go to jail, her little sister wouldn't have anywhere to go. Since she wouldn't let me do that, I had no choice but to go and talk to my dad about letting Brittany stay with us. This was a few weeks before I graduated this year. I made a deal with him that by the end of the summer, both Brittany and I would be out of the house if he'd just give us time to save up money, in exchange, we'd help him out with groceries, taking care of my little brother, and getting everyone to and from school. Her mom got even worse. The drinking got to the point where she'd start bitching and complaining about every single person in her family. Spread lies about each one of them to another. THe family ignored her for a week and then she got even more mad and upset and started bitching at Brittany again, this time saying the family is ignoring her because Brittany decided to move in with a guy before marriage. Her mom tried saying she was shunned for her daughter not following the christian way. After about 2 months of Brittany not being there, her mom decided to try and break us up and she wanted the family to do it as well. So she started telling everyone that I beat her, that I got her pregnant and that I steal all of her money. She even came to my dad's house one day to "forcibly take Brittany out of the bad situation she was in." This didn't make my dad very happy and being the short tempered person he is, pulled his gun out and of course made threats. She eventually left when the landlord in our neighborhood came from down and threatened to call the cops, which would have put my dad in a lot of trouble, her mom most likely getting fined for trespassing or just taken off the property. In South Dakota making verbal threats is a punishable offense apparently.

Finally her mom starts to stop. She finally starts leaving us alone and letting us be, only having one of her outrages once a week, and they weren't bad. They were just her complaining about how everyone left her. Which no one left her, everyone still talks to her, but the way her mom sees this is that if the family isn't at her house everyday, then the family isn't there for her at all. Pure selfishness. So now we get to what happened today. I've about had it with her mom. We made a trip back to our town to visit friends and family yesterday and we stayed over night. Came back today. Today before we left, we went to say hi to her mom and her mom called the cops on me, of course we didn't know, she went into the other room, told them I was beating her, controlling her, all that other crap. Literally as we were leaving cops pull up. One of them holds me against my car while the others try to figure out what's going on. Needless to say, I was scared shitless. Thankfully they figured out that nothing was going on, Brittany looked fine and wasn't hurt nor pregnant for that matter. And now her moms getting fined for falsely making a report to the police. Regardless, the chance that I could have went to jail, I was scared. Her moms is trying her hardest to ruin our lives and the relationship between us and frankly I'm getting sick of it. I honestly have no idea what to do. Our solutions are to cut off contact with her mother, but Brittany won't do that, she doesn't want to lose contact with her little sister. Brittany also refuses to ignore her mom when she starts one of her outrages, they'll argue over the phone for hours, late at night, and it's just really frustrating. I'm telling her to ignore her mom. Most of her family is telling her the same thing. She won't listen to anyone.

But phew....it's finally good to share this. I was just so built up with anger because of today. Anyways, thanks to anyone who decides to read this. I know it's pretty long.

KK20

"It's not the Christian way!"
> Lies
> Rages
> Drinks profusely
> Assaults

She seriously needs help, and being logical and reasonable won't cut it. The only thing worse about being around annoying people is when you can't get rid of them. It's a terrible shame with all of this bullshit you have to put up with (it's always the good ones). Best of luck; hopefully the drama will cease in due time.

Other Projects

Blizzard

I really don't see a problem with you living with your GF, Gameus. I would rather say that it's quite mature of you to offer her to stay at your place until she can find her own.

Man, your GF's mom has a hardcase of projecting her own faults onto you. And she must be really emotionally damaged if she would resort to even calling the cops on you, because in her head she probably actually believes that. The only possible way to solve this is therapy. She obviously has some deep abandonment issues which she can't get over. It really sucks that your GF can't cut lose from that.

G_G

I'm glad you guys see this differently. My dad sees my point of view and so does my grandma. No one else in my family, nor hers for that matter really believes in what we're doing. It's nice to have some support from friends too. :) I just hope one day, when her mom's pushed everyone she loves away and has no one, she'll realize what she did, but that's wishful thinking isn't it? And while my post consisted mostly of negativity about her, she's not that bad of a person if you start to get to know her and she's not drinking. But she's so obsessed with keeping everyone within her grasp she goes berserk sometimes.

winkio

So, 2 months later, I have finally been able to relax, and I've also managed to work out a few personal issues.  I'd rather not go into full detail, but I have discovered a huge part of myself that I have repressed for the past 15 years, which is quite a long time, considering I am 21.  I unlocked a bunch of really strong and important memories that I had no idea about, and am going through a gigantic mental rebirth right now.  So gigantic, in fact, that I am having physical symptoms.  I am only eating half the food I usually do (1-2 meals a day instead of 3-4), but I'm not hungry at all.  I am having vivid dreams every night, while they used to only happen every few weeks.  Most of all I feel this mental sense of liberation, and I am no longer compelled to follow old habits or routines.  I sit at my desk differently, I sleep differently, I brush my teeth differently, and I even think differently.

Even though it seemed hopeless at the beginning of the summer, I managed to accomplish my goals and go even further.  It seems a little overdramatic, but by starting this journey of self discovery, I feel like I got a ticket to a new life that is a million times better than my old one, even though I am essentially in the same place, under the same circumstances.

Blizzard

July 31, 2013, 02:27:40 am #38 Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:44:27 am by Blizzard
I forgot how this state was called. It's not depression, but it has a few symptoms that are similar. It's something with M.
Anyway, yeah, I know how you feel. Your subconsciousness is trying to adapt to the new patterns. If you're not up for sharing it here, feel free to hit me up on Skype, I'd actually like to know what happened.

EDIT:

Actually I'd like to share something here as well. I'll keep it short, though.

I met a girl a few weeks back who was really into me. We went on 3 dates (even though I don't call them dates, because I think the concept of dates is retarded, because expectations cause nervousness and unauthentic behavior etc., but I digress). After the first date already she was way too much into the idea that we're already boyfriend and girlfriend. I can understand, because she never had a boyfriend before and judging by how she kisses, she never kissed a guy before either and is a virgin. Basically since I just wanted to have some fun and sex with her and her situation was as it was, I knew that getting to the point where she'd be ok with sex would have taken way too long and with that much time passed, she would have actually fallen in love with me. So if I stopped seeing her at that point, it would have really hurt her. So I did the only right thing I could do, I told her that we shouldn't see each other anymore in the middle of the 3rd date. I didn't tell her the full truth (because there's no need to hurt her feelings), but generally I told her that I think that she likes me too much and I don't think that I can reciprocate it so it would be better we stopped seeing each other, because I would only hurt her in the long run.

And she wasn't really pretty. I'm not gonna be a hypocrite and say that this didn't influence my decision. In fact, it influenced my decision a lot. But I obviously didn't tell her that part. As I said, there is no need to hurt her needlessly. I think I did an ok job, because she seemed alright at the end, not crushed or anything. Probably because all that she "lost" was an illusion of love she had while we were seeing each other.

Lol, as much of a manwhore without morals that I am, it's nice to see myself do the right thing in situations like this.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Blizzard on July 31, 2013, 02:27:40 am
Lol, as much of a manwhore without morals that I am, it's nice to see myself do the right thing in situations like this.

Maybe keep in touch with her on a friend level, because who knows how she'll be in the future..  you might still get something ;)

Okay, so I shall contribute to this thread as well, although I'm doing the the same type of thing as others, with a "get to know me better" thread. I know you're all rather non-judgemental, so I trust you all.

For starters, I'll re-introduce myself. I'm about to turn 25, and I have a daughter who just turned 4. I had a pretty uneventful life until I turned 18 :3 When I was 17, I enlisted in the Army, as a 13D AFATDS Specialist, which in laymans terms, means I told the big guns, and rockets, where to fire, when to fire, and what rounds to fire. I was involved in intel, and planned out "possible" attacks on many different countries, under many scenarios (keep in mind that this was a bit after 9/11 happened, and EVERYONE was considered a possible target still). I was MD'd in 2010 for heart issues, and I miss it quite a bit.

Related more to this site, I started working on computers in general when I was about twelve years old. I had a 80486 processor computer, running Win95, with dual 3.5" floppy drives, a 500MB HD (if I recall correctly), and CD Drive, which I later upgraded to a CD reader/writer   8-O That was like the best computer ever at the time (ah, the memories.. I wish I had that computer again, just for nostalgia purposes). I started "programming" by writing DOS batch files, like custom installers, and custom "menu systems", similar to the visual version of what you might see if Star Trek LCARS was text instead of voice-driven. Eventually I started learning HTML in school, and went off from there. I ran across this site in a search in Google for RMXP Scripts and the CP Script database was one of the top five or so (this was before Bing, so yes, I was forced to "google things" still, and I refuse to look for results that weren't on the first page =P ). I read through a few dozen posts, looked at and used a few scripts, and then decided to join the site. And now here I am, spilling out my life story to people that I have never met, yet trust more than some people that I do know.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?