Adventure! - Signups + Discussion

Started by Vell, May 16, 2010, 12:33:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vell

May 16, 2010, 12:33:01 am Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 04:32:32 pm by UltaFlame
In an underground laboratory, twelve humans sleep. They are the remains of all humanity. Or... they are intended to one day be so. For now, humanity still lives, and not in a decline. Life is good. But they were born in secret, and upgraded. They were reborn, remade, yet still human. They are set to awaken at a certain time, when they are needed and humanity is all but dead. But, early, one awakes. Her pink hair touches stale air, and she looks at the world from behind a blindfold. It does not impair her vision, but she does not think she has eyes. She looks down at her indecency, and glances around. Where is this place? She looks down at the row of pods to her left. There is another girl. Though where the sleeping girl was young, seemingly eight or around there, the awakened girl was nearly full grown. In appearance, roughly seventeen or eighteen years of age.

She feels much older. It is cold. She looks for something to wear, finding that her body almost refuses to move. Finally, shivering, her muscles complaining with each movement but getting better, the pink-haired almost-woman finds a desk. On it is a word she takes to mean her own name: Luta. Looking through the desk, she finds fabric, and is delighted to discover it can fit well if tossed over her head. Thus dressed, she now looks at herself, feeling little different. Is this what it feels like to be clothed? She finds a mirror, and sees how the cloth covers her from shoulders to toes. She remembers the blindfold, and wonders what is beneath it. Does she have eyes, like the sleeping child did? A hand tenderly reaches up to the side of her face, tossing to the side her long bangs, tries to pull off the black fabric on her face.

As it comes off, she panics. Something just doesn't feel right, and as she looks again at the world without the filtering of the blindfold, it is too much. Too bright, her mind screams, too much, too many. Her eyes go dark. She manages to haphazardly reattach the blindfold to her face. She looks again, and all, she feels, is at it should be. Time passes as she moves through the facility, learning the place, knowing it. Soon, she is lonely. She has seen every passage, walked through every corridor. Been in every room and even has been startled by the shower. She remembers again the image of that girl, from her first few moments of being awake. Maybe Luta would find a way to awaken the child, as she herself had awakened.

Shuffling on still unsure feet, she makes her way to the room she refers to as home. She has no knowledge of language, not yet. She sits in front of the pod of the blonde child. Will she be kind to me? Suddenly Luta fills with nervousness. Fear. If I can awaken the child, would she hate me? A hand raises high above Luta's head. It falls beside the pod, clicking a button, which causes a beep. This startles her, and Luta jumps back. Soon, though, her startled emotion gives way to awe. The child's eyes are opening. For the first few moments, Luta stares into the girl's eyes, and the youngness and innocence is almost palpable. The young girl climbs out of the pod, nervous, and unsure, as Luta had been at first.

Luta watches as the young girl makes her way to another desk. Luta has long learned the word on that desk. It said 'Destra,' though still the girl has no knowledge of language. Destra clicks a button on her desk, and a computerized voice comes to life. They do not understand it, but it guides them. Somehow, it teaches them. They learn, and soon, they come to understand language. They speak, and know each other, and Luta finds she had not known the facility at all. It was, so it seemed, an adventurous time. Finally, they were warned. Never go topside. Never go topside, Luta, never go topside. Never leave Luta. Never leave Luta, Destra. Never.

That was when they both lost consciousness, waking up to wind on their backs. Something was different. Something had changed. There were suddenly more people. Who were they. What are they saying? Destra, please, Destra, you were always the better talker. What are they saying? Luta is confused. She panics. And beneath the ground, as screams above begin their echoes, ten more start to awaken.

That's you.

Hehe. Sorry for the long exposition >.> Now you know how your characters will feel when they first awaken, and it was fun to write so don't criticize me.

Plot: You are pretty much superhumans with superpowers! However, two of your kind, the first two to awaken, have gone berserk and are wreaking havoc upon humanity. You were never made to go out when other humans were around. You were supposed to be as natural as possible, beyond the obvious point of superhumanness. That's why nothing was modified about you regarding emotions and biological controls. But now, if these two aren't stopped, you're going to end up being the last humans a bit before you were supposed to. Bring Luta and Destra back to the facility. This has been Compute, signing out.

Signup:

Name:
Personality:
Physical Description:
Weaponry:
Abilities

Mine two:

Name: Luta
Personality: At first kind, and welcoming. Upon the system malfunctioning and being sent to the surface, insane and omnicidal.
Physical Description: Pink hair, a blindfold, and a pretty face, above the neck. Wears a single black dress. Somehow manages to hide knives and pistols in the dress.
Weaponry: Pistols, knives. Has plenty of ammunition.
Abilities: Strength, accuracy.

Name: Destra
Personality: Still kind, she stays with Luta largely to prevent her disastrous attacks from actually eliminating everyone involved. When fighting for real, she goes berserk.
Physical Description: Blonde hair, light green eyes, Destra wears a frilly pink dress with yellow lacings and embroidery.
Weaponry: None
Abilities: able to make machines do as she wishes. When berserk, this means any technology nearby will become her weapons.

Alton Wyte

Looks promising. Hope I can check back enough to stay active. Here's my form:

Name: Zack
Personality: Normally quiet, but when he talks he is kind, he will not back down from a fight despite his size; he will always at leats try to win. However, he doesn't always think before he speaks, which can get him in trouble.
Physical Description: About 5 foot 8-9, semi-long, dark brown hair, and obsidian eyes. Wears a black tank-top, dark blue jeans, and wears black wristbands. Slim figure, not the strongest person.
Weaponry: Handguns
Abilities: Speed and marksmanship

WhiteRose

I'm in on this, though I don't have a time to make a character right now. Save a spot for me, okay? I'll be back in a few hours with my character.

Vell

Quote from: WhiteRose on May 18, 2010, 05:31:56 pm
I'm in on this, though I don't have a time to make a character right now. Save a spot for me, okay? I'll be back in a few hours with my character.

There's nine spots left.

It's taken this long to get ONE filled.

You're good.
Quote from: Alton Wyte on May 18, 2010, 04:12:26 pm
Looks promising. Hope I can check back enough to stay active. Here's my form:

Name: Zack
Personality: Normally quiet, but when he talks he is kind, he will not back down from a fight despite his size; he will always at leats try to win. However, he doesn't always think before he speaks, which can get him in trouble.
Physical Description: About 5 foot 8-9, semi-long, dark brown hair, and obsidian eyes. Wears a black tank-top, dark blue jeans, and wears black wristbands. Slim figure, not the strongest person.
Weaponry: Handguns
Abilities: Speed and marksmanship

Accepted.

WhiteRose

Alright, I have a question. Are we supposed to give our characters some sort of back story? Were they taken in for this experiment when they were babies or something, or did they have time to develop a background?

Vell

Nah, they never had a time to develop a background - they were born there, and only first wake up when they wake up in the RP.

WhiteRose

Okay, here I go:

Name: Brooke
Personality: Impatient and with a sharp tongue, she can seem downright rude at times, but deep down, she really is a nice person, though she'd never admit it.
Physical Description: Auburn hair chopped short to about the neck, about 5' 6" or so, green eyes. Wears a tattered pair of men's jeans (more comfortable and allow for greater freedom of movement than women's jeans,) a threadbare jacket over a white half-shirt, and a newsboy cap.
Weaponry: A switch-blade and a modern-style combat shotgun.
Ability: Can summon animal companions through singing  Limited manipulation of basic particles. For example, she can cause objects to move faster or slower, or even stop entirely. In addition, she can bring particles close enough together to form solids, if only for a short time. There are, however, restrictions on her ability. For her to manipulate an object or person, she must be touching it. Additionally, some actions, such as freezing an object in space or creating solid matter, take her entire concentration, and she can only hold the action for oftentimes as short as two or three seconds, after which she must release the object or collapse from exhaustion. (Let me know on this one; I can come up with something else if needs be.)

Silentknight72

May 19, 2010, 02:23:10 am #7 Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 09:15:03 am by Silentknight72
Ulta, your stories are always cool 8). Maybe I'll Join:

Name: Fate
Personality: Really quiet. He does not speak much,he uses telepathy to talk with his allies, He hates ignorant people. He sometimes use glasses.
Physical Description: About 7'1, short, white hair, and Red and black eyes. Wears a black tux, black pants, and wears rings with different powers.    
Weaponry: Knives(and his rings)
Abilities: Abilities of his rings:

• Can Summon Ice/Black Flames
  • Summon Knives
  • Make Illusions if u look into his eyes and rings
  • Releases Sonic Heatwaves that goes inside an object, and after it receives enough sonic-heatwaves simply, it will explode.

Note: if he overuses his powers, he'll vomit blood and his eyes will bleed.

Fate 17 yrs old: ShowHide

Sigs: ShowHide

Vell

Rose, accepted.

And take out the turning into demon thing and you're good, Silent.

And sure, let's make it three on nine.

Nobody ELSE can join Luta's squad though.

Also, not even LUTA knows what Luta looks like without the blindfold.

WhiteRose

I wasn't going to say anything, but Silent's powers seem just a tad stronger than mine. To balance things a little, might I request that the restriction that I must be touching an object to manipulate it be removed? If we don't even out things a little, Team Save Humanity is kinda screwed. XD

Vell

I was under the impression that that only applied to living things. But sure. But it stays in regards to living creatures.

WhiteRose

My description implied that it applies to objects as well as people; I think I stated that directly, as a matter of fact. If limited to living creatures only, that limits the potential of the ability to speed up, slow down, or stop a person's movement, which is slightly impressive but compared to being able to conjure fire and ice and darkness, summon knives, heal wounds, AND create illusions, it pales a bit. I don't mean to cause trouble; if you'd like, I can just come up with some other power that doesn't cause such issue.

Vell

Then how bout we take out the healing part, as I see little way to have tht happening anyway?

Not like Luta or Des need healing.

WhiteRose

In a combat situation, I still think control over three elements, the creation of material objects, and the ability to manipulate the minds of others is considerably stronger than changing people's speed. Regardless, you're the game master, not me. I wasn't aware that this would be considered overpowered, and I'm just fine coming up with an alternate ability instead. Could you give me a sort of general guideline as to what would be acceptable so this doesn't happen again?

winkio

May 19, 2010, 07:16:49 pm #14 Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:17:54 pm by winkio
Name: Chris Sikes
Personality: Outgoing, funny, and whimsical.
Physical Description: 5'5", strong but not bulging muscles.  Short blonde spiky hair, blue eyes, and no facial hair.  Wears exercise clothes, a headband, and obnoxiously bright yellow shoes.
Weaponry: metal nunchucks
Abilities: Master of Electricity -

• Control over body's own electric charge

• Very powerful when connected to a ground (the electrical type)

• Not very powerful when not connected to a ground - able to deliver mediocre shocks

• At long range, there are more ground points in between me and the target, and it becomes impossible to hit it:  maximum fully effective attack range is 5 feet on a humanoid target - longer or shorter depending on the situation

• By changing current flow and body shape, able to produce magnetic fields as well with similar rules (stronger when grounded)

• Immune to electric shock

I don't RP that often, but since it seems there will be some extended activity on this one, I though why not?

Vell

Quote from: WhiteRose on May 19, 2010, 07:15:34 pm
In a combat situation, I still think control over three elements, the creation of material objects, and the ability to manipulate the minds of others is considerably stronger than changing people's speed. Regardless, you're the game master, not me. I wasn't aware that this would be considered overpowered, and I'm just fine coming up with an alternate ability instead. Could you give me a sort of general guideline as to what would be acceptable so this doesn't happen again?

There's ALSO that he's a villain and there's only THREE of them, and nine of you. ...And one of the villains is actually a good girl(Des)

WhiteRose

I suppose that makes sense. Still, with these restrictions on my ability, it makes it rather... lame. If I'd have known they'd be in place, I'd have come up with something else. Not your fault, of course; it's mine for not being more clear. So, could you give me a general outline for the power range that should contain my ability? Thanks. :)

Vell

Actually, why don't you make it so that she's better at manipulating 'created' objects? That would make the need for manipulating people unnecessary. What I'm worried about is you being able to stand at a distance and make everyone not on the good team move at a snails pace so that the other eight can easily mop the floor with them.

winkio

WhiteRose

Alright, that sounds fair to me. Glad we could work something out.