The Effects of Emasculation

Started by Blizzard, April 23, 2012, 03:19:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Blizzard

Did you watch the first 2 movies or not? They are together almost half an hour.

I can only say that I see this kind of behavior all around me all the time. Not to talk about the fact that it's being reinforced by the media.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

April 23, 2012, 06:28:39 pm #3 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:41:04 pm by Calintz
i'm very happy that you posted this Blizzard. this is more than just bullshit. this is more than just men being pussies. this is an epidemic that is spreading like the plague. it's a truly scary thing and i mean this from the bottom of my heart; these two films disgust me with how true they are. i watched both episodes of emasculation.

My Reasoning - from personal experience
Spoiler: ShowHide
it's kind of hard to admit this because i've risen above it by this point in my life, but growing up i was raised primarily by a single mom, and so i too would exhibit that same sense of conservative behavior of an emasculated man. even nowadays a bit of my upbringing will trickle out here and there, but things are changing for me. i do have a dad, and by no means has he ever neglected any of his children, but he was an electrician for the navy and he was very respected by the navy. being that he had such a strong responsibility with the navy, he was forced to be overseas pretty much all the time, which left my mom to raise us three kids practically by herself.

i moved out of my mom's house when i was twenty. i'm twenty two now, and i simply can't believe how much my life has changed (my personality and beliefs specifically) now that i'm free of her influence. i would never tell her that, nor would i ever tell her this; i've always believed that the way she raised us (evidence of feministic values) actually hindered my ability to develop into the man i "should" have become sooner. without a father figure to contradict her beliefs, or even to simply provide a second side to her story for me to evaluate; i grew up believing only what my mom had raised me to believe, and so i was basically a man molded by women's logic. (aka - pathetic. again, hard to admit)

i love my mother to death, but i just cannot believe how WRONG she was when it comes to how she raised me to behave as a man. men and women are two different breeds my friends and you're living in the dark if you truly believe we are the same, or even equal. if you're a man raised by a single mom and you don't straighten yourself out somewhere down the road before you reach full maturity, buckle up pal, because your life is gonna be hard (there are exceptions).

now that i'm free of her influence; i'm evolving each day into a more independent man, and it's becoming obvious that i have more of my father's beliefs and values, and i'm ecstatic about it! i'm really coming into my own and i've begun to live for myself, under my own rules and it's shocking how similar it turns out that i am to my father even though he wasn't around to raise me. i'm happy it worked out that way too, because while followed the guidelines of life that my mother set for me i a pushover. girls trampled all over me; nice guys finish last for sure.

nowadays, i get laid when i want. women are at MY feet, and boy it's a wonderful thing! it's not just that though; i've never been more proud to be a man, nor have i ever been happier in my life. that is why i hate that this is an issue. i've never been happier in my life, but some men will never know what i feel, because their mother's influence was so strong that they never got the opportunity to live for themselves, for who they are and what they want.

Subsonic_Noise

Meh. I don't agree with either of both extremes. I'm not what's decribed in the video and I'm not the oh-so-idealized manly man, I'm a healthy mix of both, and perfectly happy with it. I support feminism (I'm talking reasonable feminism here, not "Oh god skyscrapers are symbols for penises") and see people as equal and give them respect regardless of gender. People are worrying about things like this far too much. Some men are gonna be submissive, and some women will, and from my point of view there's no way someone -has- to behave. If a man is a so-called pussy and doesn't get laid because of that, it's his thing. If he wants to change that to get laid, he can, and if he doesn't, that's perfectly fine. I don't think there's anything wrong with men acting femine either. I know some that do and they are perfectly fine people.

To stop ranting and sum up what I'm trying to say, people are making too much fuzz about how others -should-  or -should not- behave according to their gender. It doesn't matter, and it doesn't hurt you. Behave whatever you want to behave like, and allow others the same right.

G_G

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on April 23, 2012, 07:38:41 pm
Meh. I don't agree with either of both extremes. I'm not what's decribed in the video and I'm not the oh-so-idealized manly man, I'm a healthy mix of both, and perfectly happy with it. I support feminism (I'm talking reasonable feminism here, not "Oh god skyscrapers are symbols for penises") and see people as equal and give them respect regardless of gender. People are worrying about things like this far too much. Some men are gonna be submissive, and some women will, and from my point of view there's no way someone -has- to behave. If a man is a so-called pussy and doesn't get laid because of that, it's his thing. If he wants to change that to get laid, he can, and if he doesn't, that's perfectly fine. I don't think there's anything wrong with men acting femine either. I know some that do and they are perfectly fine people.

To stop ranting and sum up what I'm trying to say, people are making too much fuzz about how others -should-  or -should not- behave according to their gender. It doesn't matter, and it doesn't hurt you. Behave whatever you want to behave like, and allow others the same right.

I agree with this 100%.

Calintz

April 23, 2012, 07:52:45 pm #6 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:59:17 pm by Calintz
so if a women decides that she wants to behave in a manner that allows her to slap a man across his face, she has that right!? if that's true, then you agree that man should be allowed to slap her back and NOT be criticized or beaten by multiple men in response for it? i don't want to get into a real debate about it, because the truth is it's pointless, but i absolutely agree that feminism is directly involved with man's increasingly submissive nature over the years.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Calintz on April 23, 2012, 07:52:45 pm
so if a women decides that she wants to behave in a manner that allows her to slap a man across his face, she has that right!? if that's true, then you agree that man should be allowed to slap her back and NOT be criticized or beaten by multiple men in response for it? i don't want to get into a real debate about it, because the truth is it's pointless, but i absolutely agree that feminism is directly involved with man's increasingly submissive nature over the years.

Yes women can slap men and men can slap them back if they do. If they choose not to, it's their thing. I personally never had a women slap me or even act like a bitch to me at all. :P Sucks to be people who sourround themselves with those who do. And no, feminism, in its original intention, has nothing to do with men being submissive. Maybe some of the extremes that emerged from it, yes. But in general there's just as little wrong with a submissive man as with an submissive women if it works for them. :P

Calintz

April 23, 2012, 08:27:46 pm #8 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:30:36 pm by Calintz
Lol, i share some of your opinions there. i don't even think it's wrong to be a mangina (one less guy i have to compete with :naughty:) but it's not for me, that's for sure. to be honest, i definitely don't consider myself a true manly man either, in fact, i'm probably more like you than anything in that i'm a nice blend of both.

what sucks is that when you fight back against a woman you are literally punished by law for defending yourself and your pride. maybe the true idea of feminism was never meant to have the effects that it has, but you simply can't deny it's influence on men. whether you believe it to be negative or positive is all you, but i believe it to be a negative influence. personally, i'm proud to be a man and to see men on leashes disgusts me. when ANY man submits to a women it only means to satisfy her crazy ass ego and contribute to deface everything it means to be a man (as most men were raised to believe). it doesn't happen in that very instance, but when a woman controls a man she grows from it. eventually, she begins to believe she can treat all men that way and that it's normal. and so she does, until the crazy bitch meets a guy who won't take her shit and wants to put her in her place. but as a society, we've made it illegal to do that! WTF!? i'm sorry, but just because a woman was able to completely manipulate the men she's been with thus far, does not mean that every man (me) will tolerate her behavior. when it finally gets to the point that she physically abuses you, and by law you can only be beaten by her until she decides she's done, i think we've made a mistake or took a wrong turn somewhere, that's all.

this may not be the best example, but the fact of the matter is that most men could kill about 75% or more of the women on this planet with their bare hands. this means we are not equal, Lol. to fight against the natural way of things and declare equality is almost to go against nature itself. IDK...

Subsonic_Noise

You're misunderstanding the concept of equality completely. :P Besides, the times when physical strengh defines social rank is long gone. You're stuck in the past there. :P
It's about equal chances and equal duties. A women should earn the same money for doing the same work, for example, which is, sadly, still not happening. It's also about men and women having equal chances to get a job, getting the same state benefits, women not being seen as posession of men... in general, it's about equal political, economic, and social rights, and not men and women being the exact same.
By the way, I've faught back to women who did things that weren't alright all the time and never got into problems with the law. No law limits your free speech in that case :P

Quoteto see men on leashes disgusts me

Here's the problem. Maybe they're not "on leashes". Maybe they like it the way they have it. Even if they don't, you spend way too much time bothering with what other men do.

I'm sorry to hear about your traumatic experiences with women though. :P You wanna talk about it?

Calintz

April 23, 2012, 09:42:27 pm #10 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:46:20 pm by Calintz
no...i think you misunderstood the example i gave, Lol. let me quote myself quick;
Quote from: Calintz on April 23, 2012, 08:27:46 pmthis may not be the best example,
the example means only that men and women are not equal by nature in their existence, which is a fact, not just my opinion. we are two very different creatures. if two things are not equal in nature, why must they have equal rights? that statement doesn't mean i believe that men deserve more rights than women, (because i don't) and it also doesn't mean i'm against women fighting for equal rights, (because i'm not. to date, their fight for their version of equality does not affect me) but let's face it; they ARE fighting for THEIR version of equality, which is made painfully clear in the videos that Blizzard posted. also, if you want to believe that physical prowess is no longer a factor in the world, then it's you my friend who is mistaken. i don't see nearly as many women lining up to work in coal mines or fight for our country as i do men, and i'm not about to sugar coat it; it's because the vast majority of women can't handle it and or they don't desire it, but we should let them manage billion dollar corporations because that's fair! pretending that physical prowess no longer exists just because we're not waging wars with swords anymore or conquering nations is purely ignorant.

Lol, i wasn't referring to free speech. actions speak louder than words. this will always be true, so when a women hits a man and he wants to hit her back; he should not get in trouble. this is sadly not the case.

easy tiger...i'm in this for the debate, let's not make it personal! :naughty:
but to set the record straight, i haven't had bad experiences with girls. it's just that when i was in high school, i just didn't get the girls because i was so submissive. now that i'm not, it's much simpler to get them. make no mistake; any girl worth having does not want a submissive man. if a women wants a submissive man, it's because she wants to be in control, and i'm not down with that! for the most part. :naughty:

winkio

Quote from: Calintz on April 23, 2012, 09:42:27 pmalso, if you want to believe that physical prowess is no longer a factor in the world, then it's you my friend who is mistaken. i don't see nearly as many women lining up to work in coal mines or fight for our country as i do men, and i'm not about to sugar coat it; it's because the vast majority of women can't handle it and or they don't desire it, but we should let them manage billion dollar corporations because that's fair! pretending that physical prowess no longer exists just because we're not waging wars with swords anymore or conquering nations is purely ignorant.

Why does anything physical matter if both women and men can manage accounts and lead corporations with billions of dollars in profits?  Both sexes have the same intellectual potential, and that is the dominant qualifying trait in the modern technological world.

Calintz

it doesn't, but where were the women when it came to the back-breaking work? i guess for me it just comes down to respect and earning your way to the top. and that's not to say that they don't ever earn it because they do, i'm just saying that it was man who paved the streets. it was man who built the buildings. so don't get me wrong, i don't care if a women obtains a management role of some sort, but i'm not gonna tell the world it was wrong that a corporation chose a man over a woman simply because he was a man, after all he built the damn thing, Lol.

winkio

Where are all the male secretaries, cleaning staff, etc?  Some jobs appeal more to one sex than the other, does it really make that big of a difference?

G_G

But men weren't the only ones who built this country. There are plenty of female construction workers out there working their asses off to live in today's world. Women deserve the equal opportunity to prove themselves in this world. Some women do it with their intelligence, while others do it with their physical abilities. Just because you don't see many women doing the hard work doesn't mean anything. Most women I know are far more intellectual than any male I've met, so why waste it on physical activity when their abilities could be used elsewhere? Putting biased gender roles aside, it all comes down to a matter of who you are, what you enjoy doing, your abilities you gain throughout your life, what you want to accomplish with your life, and how you're going to get there.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: winkio on April 23, 2012, 10:28:46 pm
Where are all the male secretaries, cleaning staff, etc?  Some jobs appeal more to one sex than the other, does it really make that big of a difference?

QTF.

@G_G:
You do realize that you tried to discount stereotypes by making one?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Calintz

April 23, 2012, 10:49:58 pm #16 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:55:39 pm by Calintz
@Winkio:
male nurses are everywhere! :ninja:

@Game_Guy:
from the census of america
Spoiler: ShowHide
one thing it shows is how the income gap between male and female workers is narrower in construction than in several other fields. Men represented 90.6 percent of all construction workers last year, and the median income for full-time year-round male employees was $38,823, compared to $36,593 for full-time, year-round female construction workers.

i fervently disagree that just because 90% of construction workers are men that they deserve that extra $2000, but i'm not going to say it's wrong.

@Winkio & Game_Guy:
i hope you guys understand that i'm simply in this for the debate! i agree with many of the things you guys are saying, which is why i constantly repeat myself, saying that it doesn't bother me when a women gets those roles. in fact, i've personally seen women manage companies better than men.

edit:
okay that's a lie...i haven't personally seen it, but i hear good things! Lol.

ForeverZer0

April 23, 2012, 11:40:07 pm #17 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:42:10 pm by ForeverZer0
To say that a man deserves the extra $2000 salary because "men built this country" is ludicrous. I would have accepted a lot of different answers there, but that makes no sense. The man getting the extra money didn't do it. Same as no American today is guilty of the slavery that occurred by our ancestors over 200 years ago. You cannot pick and choose. You either accept both, or none.

I don't think anyone here doubts that both men and women can be equally competent at a job, so I don't see why people keep going off on tangents arguing it. No one is debating it. Obviously there are going to be jobs that are more gender based, that's a fact of life, and no one should make apologies for it. Men, as an overwhelming majority, will be better at jobs that require hard physical labor. Men are larger and stronger as the species. On the flip side, women, as a the majority, excel better at nurturing jobs, such as daycare, hospice care, etc., because they instinctively are better at nurturing.

These are facts. Sure, there are many exceptions. Does that mean anything? No, it means there are exceptions. Does it mean that one sex is "better" or more "deserving" than the other? Of course not. It just simple facts. It means nothing. As winkio said, its just that certain roles are better as a whole carried out by one gender, its not an insult to anyone to say so.

EDIT:
I moved to Intelligent Debate. This is likely an omen that it will soon turn into a troll-fest, as seems the normal par for the course.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on April 23, 2012, 10:41:36 pm
You do realize that you tried to discount stereotypes by making one?

Dammit you know what I meant. >.<

Calintz

April 24, 2012, 12:04:32 am #19 Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:25:52 am by Calintz
@ForeverZer0:
umm, i disagreed that they deserved more money...Lol.

ANYWAY! my favorite part of the clips was the samuel l. jackson part!