Cybele Resource Database

Started by G_G, January 30, 2010, 11:07:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

April 14, 2010, 08:35:01 pm #120 Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:57:48 pm by game_guy
blank message removed

legacyblade

I'm loving the skin :D I can't wait to see it incorporated into the new design. But make sure to leave an "unskinned" version for people who use windowblinds and want the application to match there theme.

G_G

Servers gonna be down for at least a day. Our ISP is getting fixed and it'll be back up tomorrow. Unfortunately I can no longer go into my neighbors router settings to let everyone access my database.

So it'll be down until tomorrow.

G_G

Okay guys good and bad news.

Good:
Server is back up and so is the submission count signature picture. If you still have the old version of cybele installed (1.66 or older) then just run that and update. If not, just re-download the new version.

Bad:
I had to remove the full skinned themes. For some reason it wasn't displaying the pictures in the preview window. If I can find a way to fix it I will.

So enjoy all of the love and fun of Cybele! I will work my hardest to try to get the preview window working with full skinned themes.

Landith

Aww I really liked the skinned menus, well at least it's working :D

If you can't get the full skinned themes then don't worry about it, I'm sure people won't be too disapointed. (:

Btw: 800 post baby (:

G_G

I hate to say this. I REALLY hate this. I lost everything. The database the source code everything. Cybele is down and will always be down.

I spent countless hours on this and its all gone. A nasty virus got onto my computer. Slowly started deleting things from everything. Flash drive, external drive (for backing up data), everything. I didn't realize it until my computer completely crashed.

I do not plan on remaking Cybele. I do not plan making a new database. However all resources uploaded still do exist. You can access them here.

http://decisive-games.com/rmres/

Sorry for the very bad news. It kills me. I can't do anything about it. I wish I could. Sorry guys Cybele is done for. </3

EDIT: In fact. Please delete this topic. It has no use anymore.

Aqua

D:
I order you to remake this >8I

winkio

Deletion is not necessary, just lock it.

G_G

Okay some good news. I found a backup of Cybele. I have the source code but I don't have the database. Which means if I were to release it right now, there would be nothing to upload.

Now I'm thinking I'm not going to release it but instead maybe make an online version. That means less database shutdowns. Maybe faster download and upload speeds. (Depending on your browser) Its most likely going to have a terrible and ugly design. Meaning just plain text and url's but in my honest to god opinion, it'll be good to have a browser based cybele even with an ugly UI.

Pros:
Will work on all operating systems (assuming the browser can execute php)
No needed to download a program
All updates will be instant
Rare database crashes
Cybele will still keep all of its regular features

Cons:
Ugly UI design
Sever bugs in the first several versions (which will be fixed xD)

Landith

You can make it pretty if it's online. Just need to styles to what people upload. Don't think it should be too hard. But then again, I only have knowledge in CSS, Javascript and HTML. Haven't fooled around with PHP much, so idk how hard it is to assign attributes/styles.

Aqua

Yeah, it shouldn't be hard to make the UI look good.
Glad you're starting this up again :D

G_G

Here's what I have planned. Ugly crappy looking UI first making sure everything works. THen apply the snazzy design later.

Aqua

Bien sur!
Feel free to talk with me if you need any help with a snazzy design :x

G_G

More good news. Blizzard has hooked me up with a database. Now there will be a browser cybele version and the original version.

I'm going to fix up Cybele the original version. Change whats needed. Maybe change the design a bit who knows. And I'll release it. It may be a couple of days because I have to make a new updater. I lost the code for that.

Also, I may be able to keep all the old submissions. It may just take a little bit of PHP coding and I could get all submissions back into the database. Though I may not be able to pull it off.

Anyways development for Cybele is starting again!

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

If anyone already has installed it, please re-install. I messed up in the updater. And currently I have no way of updating the updater yet. Sorry D:

Also I have fixed a few bugs in Cybele already. Massive updating here I come .__.

legacyblade

I'm glad this has returned. It was a sad day when it went kerpoof...

G_G

I'm working on the online version as of right now. Also I plan on implementing a batch file upload for both web and program versions. Willing to take on any other suggestions. Also I'm going to add Zip support for characters I recall LB requesting it.

Zhorker

Lol. i spent half an hour or so, reading this whole thread only to find out, that its dead... very sad, indeed.  :o

legacyblade

But that was an epic struggle to find all there is to know about it. And it's slowly returning o.o

@game_guy, once you add that ability, I'll finish up a few sprite poses and upload all my graphics.