Cybele Resource Database

Started by G_G, January 30, 2010, 11:07:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

There is no search feature unless I accidentally added it oh noes.

I placed it there so I wouldn't forget about it. It doesnt do anything right now. xD
So kinda ignore that >_>

Lore

Oh sorry, I haven't updated yet. I'll update tomorrow and go on my submitting spree :D
Facebook is like your fridge. You know nothing is in there, but you check every 5 minutes anyways.

legacyblade

Oh, I hadn't tried the search field :P Well I await future updates with gleeful anticipationy like waiting. And sugar. Lots of sugar. with the waiting.

Ryex

February 01, 2010, 01:31:55 am #43 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:10:54 pm by Ryexander
you for got to make the text fields read only in the news and updates section.

Edit: you should add a vote system. like you can give a resource props and then it stores it some how that you have given that resource props and than you can't give it props no more like a karma system. then you can have a search filter that sorts the files by karma level
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

legacyblade

Here's the error I'm getting. It might be my computer, or it might be the updates to the database you've made without updating the client. Either way, an error exists for mina computertron!

Aqua

It's the apostrophe causing an error I believe...
Kinda like how you need to put a \ to make ' appear in strings in RGSS...
I think XD

legacyblade

If he's saving the string in single quotes (one of these ' ), then the apostrophe would cause that error. Single quotes are more efficient, but unless you find a way to get a \ before apostrophes in the description, you're gonna need double quotes (it is sad)

G_G

I had that error once before. I managed to create it by submitting a resource when lore did it at the same time. Chances are you two did it because lore submitted a lot today.

Oh and at the ' mysql only takes a word between ' ' as a string. Using "" wont work. So in my code you see this.
"insert into submissions (subid, name, author, description, engine, resourcetype, file)" +
                   "value('" + subcount.ToString() + "', '" + txtName.Text + "', '" + txtAuthor.Text + "', '" + textBox2.Text + "', '" +
                   comboBox4.Text + "', '" + comboBox3.Text + "', '" + "http://decisive-games.com/rmres/" + file + "')";

Which in Sql it'll look like this.
INSERT INTO submissions (subid, name, author, description, engine, resourcetype, file) value('id', 'name', 'author', 'description', 'engine', 'resourcetype', 'file')

Its been working since I released it, so that code hasn't changed at all.
So it was most likely you and lore submitted at the same time. Which is a major problem I know o_o. I'll try to find a way to fix it.

legacyblade

I dunno, I've tried it at totally random times today, as well as trying to submit a few times after getting the error. However, I removed the ' from the description, and it submitted just fine. o.o I know there's a way around that, but I dunno it.

G_G

February 01, 2010, 09:11:47 pm #49 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:14:18 pm by game_guy
Ah thats why. >_> Its because of the ' in your description...That stinks >:(
Well I'll try to find a way around that as well.

EDIT: Fixed in 1.30. But its not released yet so D:

G_G

Sorry for the double post dont eat me D:

I released 1.30. Really all thats new is the memberships and resource editing/deleting.
Its perfect for scripts though. You submit a script, you update it, you can easily edit it with a new file and everything!

So simple :3.

Just click download in the first post.

Ryex

your hyperlinks don't work in the text box you have to use a link clicked handler event and tell it to open a System.Diagnostics.Process

this.richTextBox1.LinkClicked += new System.Windows.Forms.LinkClickedEventHandler(this.richTextBox1_LinkClicked);
private void richTextBox1_LinkClicked(object sender, LinkClickedEventArgs e)
        {
            System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(e.LinkText);
        }

that's how you do it quite simply
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

I'll add that in the next release as soon as I get some more features added

Ryex

February 04, 2010, 01:07:29 am #53 Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:08:49 am by Ryexander
also the apostrohy ' is causeing problems when i try to edit something but not when I first submit it

also you might want to cloak the password fields there is a property that dose it when set to true.

G_G

February 04, 2010, 08:26:36 pm #54 Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 08:28:50 pm by game_guy
K guys the FTP is down, the password went haywire, we'll fix it ASAP.

You can still view files but not submit any.

EDIT: Nevermind  :wacko:

This Side Backwards

Wow! Really, great job, I love how simple it is and the preview feature makes it ideal for quick searches. Already found a few things I needed!

Thanks for making this!

boisei0

Thanks for building Cybele, it gives me a place to upload my graphics without making topics on a forum, and still give people the chance of downloading them...
~Boisei0

Holyrapid

This is sounding great. I´ll download it sometime, and check the updates since the beta you gave me. BTW, would you mind changing my name in the credits to DesPKP, as it´s my new nick (or at least change the y at the end to an i) I could upload some scripts by Mog that i have got my hands on...

ShinyToyGuns

February 05, 2010, 08:52:37 pm #58 Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:03:24 pm by ShinyToyGuns
Apparently the counter is off...I uploaded 404-419, and the counter says 415  :wacko:
Days
I've missed so many days
In a world that has become an unfamiliar place
Now to you, I'm just an unfamiliar face

~Shiny Toy Guns, Blown Away (2008)

Landith

February 05, 2010, 09:14:43 pm #59 Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:17:44 pm by Landith
It probably has it where it updates every 15 minutes or an hour or so. That way it won't use up all the bandwidth or something. Or... Someone might have deleted one of their resources and it didn't register in the database that that number needs to be there again so it would skip those numbers but show 415 since in reality, that's how many are databas'd. Idk it might be a bug though as I haven't had the liberty to look at the PHP code. :P