[Personals] Need to talk to someone..

Started by tSwitch, March 30, 2010, 06:35:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Diokatsu

Hey. Massachusetts bros for life. OUR DRILL IS THE ONE THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

tSwitch

March 31, 2010, 09:28:47 am #21 Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 10:05:55 am by Elite Four NAMKCOR
I'd just like to say thanks for all the support you guys, I really appreciate it even if it doesn't seem like it.  I'm not expecting to be treated special or w/e, but I'm just glad I could be open and at least get my thoughts out here.  Don't care what pronoun you use or whatever, doesn't matter, though I might change my profile gender to female just for personal comfort.

Thank you.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Tyril132

I apologize if this is imposing, since I've known you for an insignificant fraction of the time others on the board have... but I read through the thread and had something to say.

Like most of the other posters here, I can't even come close to saying that I can relate directly to what you're going through right now. A lot of the advice given has reinforced what you already knew: that the solution is putting space between yourself and your family, and that finding a way to cope with your situation in the meantime is the only way to keep yourself healthy until that becomes a realistic possibility.

Hobbies will help immensely, but can only take you so far. Now is the time to take stock of all the people in your life that you can count on start removing other negative influences where you can control them. Your original post suggests you've already started to do this, and that's a great first step. Focus on what you can change, and try to minimize your contact with the elements you can't. If you have any very close or personal friends that are a little closer to home, make an effort to include them in more of your life and activities. For what it's worth, you clearly have people who will do everything they can to support you here. That's worth something.

A year and a half seems like a long time, but it will pass a lot more quickly than you think. The busier you keep yourself, the faster it will seem.

Best wishes.
Lv. 7 Writer | Lv. 7 Composer | Lv. 7 Mapper | Lv. 4 Eventer | Lv. 0 Scripter | Lv. 1 Spriter
DSC Project Soundtrack
Personality Index:: ShowHide

tSwitch

I appreciate that even though you don't know me you felt inclined to lend support.

It's a good thing that I have day classes now, since now I have afternoons to hang out, or play multiplayer games with other people, it's helped keep my mind off things lately.

(Hexamin)

You should play DotA, I got lost in it... I'd love to get lost in it again... if only I had a good internet connection in Iraq... DAMN
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

tSwitch

Quote from: (Hexamin) on April 01, 2010, 11:48:06 am
You should play DotA, I got lost in it... I'd love to get lost in it again... if only I had a good internet connection in Iraq... DAMN

I have Warcraft III, but DotA seemed kinda cheese to me.

(Hexamin)

Quote from: Elite Four NAMKCOR on April 01, 2010, 01:09:18 pm
I have Warcraft III, but DotA seemed kinda cheese to me.

No no noooo, its so good.  Then again... it might have something to do with the fact that I started playing what... like... 6 years ago... so its just grown tremendously on me.  Guild Wars maybe?  That's always fun.  Especially with the sequel coming out.  Or just wait for Stracraft 2 or Diablo 3 ^_^
Max 1111101000; characters remaining: 1110111000

tSwitch

have Guild Wars, haven't played in ages ever since I got bored after beating Proph, SC2 and D3 aren't out yet, but I have SC2 on pre-order, also GW2 looks like it's going to be generic MMO and not nearly as good as the first.

Tyril132

In a similar position with Guild Wars. Liked the original (not so much as an "MMO," but as a "multiplayer RPG") and never got to finish it. I bought it at the same time as several friends and we went through the whole game as a static party, only to have them cockblock my ascension by quitting the game like 2 missions from the end...  :poke:
Lv. 7 Writer | Lv. 7 Composer | Lv. 7 Mapper | Lv. 4 Eventer | Lv. 0 Scripter | Lv. 1 Spriter
DSC Project Soundtrack
Personality Index:: ShowHide

Tazero

Sorry NAMK, that really sucks, but ME being a furry, and what not..(unnecessary commas).

But having a secret life, thats hard, I know that life all to well. I hope for the best for you till then Endure I guess, I'm 14 and I go through this my mom thinks Bisexuals are dumb so I can't come to tell her how I feel, and it pains me, so all my workers (Respite, social, counselor) say I should move when I'm 16, I'm confused, And I'm guessing this is the closest I could realte to your problem, You're a great person from what I've read and posted to you, and you don't deserve this I hope you can find a solution soon. Welfare? TanF?

If you were a fish...

vvalkingman

May 02, 2010, 01:15:54 am #30 Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:19:06 am by vvalkingman
Well, I can't relate directly to your situation...but I can talk to you about parents. I grew up in a very sheltered very religious environment, pretty much indoctrinated upon the departure from the womb. I have several siblings but I'll just touch on my older sister and myself. My older sister was a brilliant student, hit public school for junior year and by senior year she was into marajuana/crack/cocaine/etc etc and would disappear for weeks at a time. She would lie like second nature, steal(even from her little brother's piggy bank), pawn everything she could get her hands on(including my super nintendo), fight with my parents, and make life overall hell at the house. She was pregnant by the end of high school, living with three dudes. But despite the lifestyle that she lived and the hell that she put them through my parents still loved her and welcomed her home when she came by. It wasn't anything fake, like they were trying to pretend that she wasn't living that kind of life but it was that they truly love my sister despite what she chooses to do with her life. In reference to myself, I was bred to be a minister. Religion was crammed down my throat and I almost walked that path but I came to an ephipany one day and i'll spare the forum because i dont want this going into a religious debate but I felt that becoming a preacher is what my folks wanted for me but it wasn't what I wanted or felt that I could even do. I mean, i could pretend to be but in the end what is that? To be a preacher you need to truly be passionate about it and even though I have a significant amount of knowledge of the subject I didn't want to fake it. It was at that moment that I came to the conclusion that I wanted to write stories and make games out of them. My parents never really got over that. They have seen some of my works and writings thanks to my younger brother(the next in line to be a minister haha) and they are concerned about the path that I am taking, but realize that these are parents we are talking about. They are going to worry and even though it seems like they are only doing things for themselves they are actually just worried about you...it's a parent thing. Even though I write non-religious works and throw alot of "interesting" things in my writings, they still love me and are supportive of what I am trying to do . Even if they don't approve they are still supportive. Maybe you can take something from that maybe not, just figured that you might need to hear that. Good luck to you.