August 21, 2008, 11:48:38 pm Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:56:12 am by game_guy
Event System Package v1.0
Version: 1.0
Type: Multiple Events

Introduction

Systems
Hold Shift to Run
Bank w/Interest
Highscore System (Outdated get new version in database)
Make Maps in Game like in Halo 3
Easy Picture Showing Technique

Features

• Hold Shift to Run
  • Bank w/Interest
  • Highscore System (Outdated get new version in database)
  • Make Maps in Game like in Halo 3
  • Easy Picture Showing Technique

Screenshots

N/A

Demo

N/A

Instructions

Hold Shift to Run: ShowHide
BEGIN
Hold Shift to Run
In a parallel process event in the common events tab of the Database enter this

Branch if A button is being held
SetMoveRoute:ChangePlayerSpeed = 5
else
SetMoveRoute:ChangePlayerSpeed = 4
end

The switch should be called, [xxxx:Run On]
Turn it off during cutscenes.
Creditz::Mostly blizzard for letting me know there was a simpler way to run in rmxp, my old long
version was made specifically for rm2k3 so thats why.
END

Bank System w/Interest: ShowHide
BEGIN
Bank System

This system is long and might be a little hard on the eyes. This has an Interest System that will add
money in your bank account every 100 frames, depending how much you have if any. Note
xxxx means what the number of the variable is.

First lets make the Banker, Enter the following

Text:Hello how may I help you?
Show Choices:Deposit/Withdraw/Nothing
Deposit Handler:
Label 1
VariableOper:[xxxx:Current Money] set = Current Gold
Text:How much money will you deposit?
InputNumber[xxxx:Input] 6 digits
Branch if [xxxx:Input] is greater than [xxxx:Current Money]
Text:You dont have that much money.
Else
Text:You deposited \[xxxx:ID OF BANK MONEY] gold.
VariableOper:[xxxx:Bank Money] set = [xxxx:Input]'s value
Change Money:Decrease by [xxxx:Input]'s value
VariableOper:[xxxx:Input] set = 0
End
Withdraw Handler
Text:How much will you take out?
InputNumber:[xxxx:Input] 6 digits
Branch if [xxxx:Input] is greater than [xxxx:Bank Money]
Text: There's not that much money in your account.
Else
Text: You withdrew \v[xxxx:ID OF BANK MONEY] gold.
VariableOper:[xxxx:Bank Money] minus - by [xxxx:Input]'s value
ChangeMoney: Increase by [xxxx:Input]'s value
VariableOper:[xxxx:Input] set = 0
End
Nothing

Now onwards towards the Interest System. Change the frames however you want to.
In the database under common events make a parallel process and ahve the switch you
want it to. Now enter this

Wait 100 frames
Branch if [xxxx:Bank Money] is greater than 0
 VariableOper:[xxxx:Bank Money] add + 10
 Branch if [xxxx:Bank Money] is greater than 100
   VariableOper:[xxxx:Bank Money] add + 50
   Branch if :[xxxx:Bank Money] is greater than 1000
      VariableOper:[xxxx:Bank Money] add + 100
      Branch if [xxxx:Bank Money] is greater than 5000
         VariableOper:[xxxx:Bank Money] add + 150
      End
   End
 End
End

Theres the interest system, if money is easy to obtain in your game, than add 0 to every number
shown, if its medium/semi-easy to obtain gold keep it the way it is, if its hard to obtain money
take away a 0 from every number unless its not possible.

Creditz::Goes to me!!!! For making the system and then adding an interest system.
END

Making Maps In Game: ShowHide
BEGIN
Making a Map like in Halo 3, IN GAME::
First you'll need Zerab's Anti-Lag script or blizz's Blizz ABSEAL.
Then you'll need 2 maps, the first map you'll start on, then the 2nd map have this on one
event.
Action Key: Showchoices:Add Grass:AddFlower:Remove All
Add Grass:
Self Switch A = ON
Add Flower
Self Switch B = ON
Remove All
Self Switch A = OFF
Self Switch B = OFF
END

Now make 2 new pages, the first new one, have it on Self Switch A is on and have the graphic
be grass, then on the 2nd new page, have the Self Switch B is on and the graphic be a flower.
Now copy the show choices on page 1 into page 2 and 3. Now copy this event on every space
that is open in Map002. Once done, in map 1 have an autorun that will teleport you to map 002.

Creditz/Notes:
NOTES:::This can be turned into a real advanced map making system that involves a whole
tileset. This version is being worked on. Map 002 is recommended to be 20x15, and make sure
each on Map 001 also in the autorun has a set move route that willmake the player move through
everything.
Creditz:Me for thinking of the system and me for making it. and also me for making the custom
chipset in the demo in the topic.
END

Highscores (THIS IS OUTDATED CHECK THE DATABASE FOR A NEWER VERSION): ShowHide
BEGIN
High-Score System Mini-Games
Have a minigame? Not sure how to make a highscore system? Simple real simple but yet
I'm sure you made it harder than you needed to as I did. So after the minigame where to shows
the score, have this entered in. First make 3 new heroes named Score 1, Score 2, Score 3.

Text:Your score is \v[xxxx:<= this is your varaible ID that holds the score]
Branch if [xxxx:Score] is greater than [xxxx:Score 1]
 Text:Highsore 1st place!
 NameInputProc:Score 1
 VariableOper:[xxxx:Score 1] set = [xxxx:Score]'s value
Else
 Branch if [xxxx:Score] is greater than [xxxx:Score 2]
   Text:Highscore 2nd place!
   NameInputProc:Score 2
   VariableOper:[xxxx:Score 2] set = [xxxx:Score]'s value
 Else
   Branch if [xxxx:Score] is greater than [xxxx:Score 3]
     Highscore 3rd place!
     NameInputProc:Score 3
     VariableOper:[xxxx:Score 3] set = [xxxx:Score]'s value
   Else
      Text: Sorry you didnt make the high score
   End
 End
End

Ok assuming score is variable 1, then score 1 is ID 2, score 2 is ID 3 and Score 3 is ID 4, and the
score names of score is Score 1 Hero ID 1 Score 2 Hero ID 2 and Score 3 Hero ID 3 then the next
text entry will be less confusing, you can change the ID's in the database and such, and the ID's in
the text.

BatchTextEntry(ctrl + N)
Highscore List
\n[1] \v[2]
\n[2] \v[3]
\n[3] \v[4]

Then it should show the name of the person who entered there name into the corrosponding slot,

Creditz::Go to me for thinking of it::me for making it
END

Picture Showing: ShowHide
BEGIN
Easy Picture Showing

This system was made to be able to show pitcures on a certain square using an aglorithm.

Step 1: Figure out where you want to show the event, for this system's example lets choose
x=9 and y=9. Now the picture has us showing the picture in pixels not the squares themselves.
Each square in pixels is 32 Width and 32 Length. So in order to show on a certain square we
need to make 2 variable Picture X and Picture Y. Now enter this event into a parallel process
on the map.

VariableOper:[xxxx:Picture X] set = 9 (<= this is what ever the x coordinate you want the the picture to show at.
VariableOper:[xxxx:Picture Y] set = 9 (<= this is what ever the y coordinate you want the the picture to show at.
VariableOper:[xxxx:Picture X] times x by 32
VariableOper:[xxxx:Picture Y] times x by 32
ShowPicture 1: 'Picture Name' at varaibles [xxxx:Picture X] and [xxxx:Picture Y]

This makes the picture show at any square of the map. Just change the first to variables
to the number of the X and Y coordinate for where you want the picture to be shown.
Example:: We want the picture to show at 3 x and 4 y now, just change Picture X = 3
and Picture Y = 4. Dont change nothing else and this algorithm will help you out with
showing pictures.

Creditz:Me for thinking of it::me for making it.
END

Credits and Thanks

• game_guy ~ making most of them
  • Blizzard ~ showing me the easier way to hold shift to run (Yes blizz I still remember)

Author's Notes

These arent all of my systems, the ones that I havent shown the event for, pacman, lift boulder than throw it and some other ones, is because there either too long or just a waste of time, so demos took place but here are some of my events.

Aqua

I just took a quick glance through them and noticed a big mistake with the High Score system.

If the 1st score is 10, 2nd is 5, 3rd is 3; then you get a score of 12...

1st score will be come 12; 2nd and 3rd will stay as they are.

G_G

No it wont, the Score 1 will only have the value of Score if Score is greater than Score 1. Under the branch If makes SCore 1 equal to Score and thats how it will be. I have tested this out and it works fine.

Aqua

That's what I'm saying...

If the new score is higher than score 1, then only score 1 will be updated to be the new score.  Score 2 and 3 will stay the same.

G_G

OK let me explain the highscore system a bit more. Say you play a pac man minigame. The first score is number 1 for a highscore example 100. Then play it agian and you only get 50 this time it will make score 2 = to 50. Then a third time you play you only get 10 it will post 3rd score as 10. It doesnt add them together. It makes it if you play a game more than once, and get different scores each time, it will change the outcome of the Batch Text Entery

Aqua

Okay using your example...

If I play a 4th time and get a score of 122, then only the 1st score would be updated, not the 2nd or 3rd with the way you evented this.

G_G

Ok that makes more sense, your first 2 posts didnt get to my brain... :???: Yea I know but I'm working on that, in the next version it will have an update thing.

Aqua

It's pretty easy to update the scores... I'm too tired to type out how though; sorry.

Blizzard

Hm... If you actually put the systems in their own topics and apply the template, I'd move them in database. There's no need to make a collective topic as there is an event system index. ;)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Quote from: Blizzard on August 22, 2008, 05:29:45 am
There's no need to make a collective topic as there is an event system index. ;)

and a guide to it made by me ;)
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

If you apply the template to your topic, this can be database'd.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

June 28, 2009, 09:48:47 am #11 Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:55:52 am by game_guy
XD I completely forgot about this thing blizzy. Thanks for digging her up. I'll apply it now.

Template Applied

Blizzard

fugibo

I would request some continually compounded interest, plez.