At the bar event system

Started by tech williams, March 27, 2011, 05:24:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tech williams

At the bar
Version: 1.0
Type: Just for fun

Introduction

This whole system was based around Blizzards walk drunk mistake script. Because the script is EXTREMELY bugged I had some issues getting the script calls in, but I found a way and it works perfectly by the looks of it. I did everything that way for a reason, but if you find an easier way to make it be my guest. Im still want to improve it so I'll update it from time to time.

Features

• Can set your limit (When you get Drunk)
  • Can have penalty states if you over drink.
  • Its mostly done in common events so you only have to do the hard stuff once.
  • Added realism by adding a drunk and hangover state and medication to get rid of them.

Screenshots

There's a good one in the scripts original post, but other than that I'm not sure if this script can use one.

Demo

Mediafire

Instructions

the demo uses the following

• 4 Items (2 types of alcohol, 2 medications)

• 2 states (Not including default states)

• 6 Common events (2 being drinks)

• 2 Switches

• 2 Variables

I tried using comments to explain everything but Ill explain the events here.

2 were different drinks. I may be able to simplify this, but I have beer which ads 1 drink token and Vodka which adds 4 (Instant drunk status.)
1 stops the drunk status instantly as well as shuts off blizzard's script when you use alcohol absorbers
1 was to shut down Blizzard's script. It seems that it doesn't like being with others and had unpredictable effects when I tried putting it with the other events.
1 held all of the effects of being drunk. My example was the screens colors going crazy (What happens when I'm drunk)
1 checks to see if you sobered up and will shut off the drunken status and give you a hang-over.

Credits and Thanks

• Thanks to Blizzard for his awesome Mistake
  • I guess me for making it into a system
  • AliveDrive for sounding interested enough to make me share it.

Author's Notes

Oh, and if you have a beer when you speak to Arshes (Or somthing like that) You can give it to him and make him drunk. I also added a ghost that only attacks drunks.

I made all of the sprites except for Arshes  and the bar is from the game im making.
How is it ninjas exist when they were meant to be silent killers? Shouldn't they be unknown?<br /><br />Hay you...Check out my deviant art.<br />Click here

AliveDrive

Well thanbk godness the bar was spard eh? *hic*

This is way awesome xD

Poor Arshes being a lightweight.

I like how you changed player movement speed on the stairs.

Also, in a previous game I had this hidden place nicknamed CRC (Crazy Rave Cave) and I used a rainbow filter like that, except without the change in brightness.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Holyrapid

I can't open this... Bah. Gives me error about old version of the system and that it can't find RGSS104e.dll. Guess i have to download the new version of engine then...
Unless i'm wrong about this... If so, feel free to correct me.

AliveDrive

change game.ini to say this

Library=RGSS102E.dll
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Holyrapid