Cybele Resource Database

Started by G_G, January 30, 2010, 11:07:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

March 22, 2010, 05:00:21 pm #100 Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 06:03:01 pm by Hellfire's G_G
I noticed. I fixed it but I haven't released an update yet.

EDIT: Updated to 1.63. Its properly working now.

Jek

Im going to upload some things. This is an amazing program.

G_G

Just thought I'd drop some news real quick. I'm almost done implementing progress bars for downloads and uploads. How awesome is that! It'll be done and updated sometime this week.

Jek

Sounds awesome. DO you allow people to upload resources that arent theirs?
I think maybe a way to allow that stuff is to also add a feature to report stolen resources and get them removed.

G_G

You can upload other peoples resources, just be polite and add the artist name in the Author box. Also expect the update for the bars tomorrow or friday, possible saturday because I'm lazy.

Jek

G_G

Updated to 1.65. The help file has been added. Its finally finished. I also fixed a few bugs.

SBR*

March 28, 2010, 06:57:53 am #107 Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:53:11 am by SBR*
The program says that he can't find update166.zip. What should I do? I already made the update file run as administrator, and when I run Cybele.exe, I run it as administrator. Thank you!

Edit: Hmmm, strange. Sometimes it still works when I ignore the error, sometimes not. W/e.

G_G

Try re-installing it, thats all I can say. I cannot seem to reproduce the bug. I downgraded cybele and tried it, and it updated just fine.

SBR*

Quote from: Hellfire's G_G on March 28, 2010, 08:58:24 am
Try re-installing it, thats all I can say. I cannot seem to reproduce the bug. I downgraded cybele and tried it, and it updated just fine.

Well, I already tried, but that didn't work. But I still can use it. The only problem is that I am never going to be able to update it and I will have to re-download it. But that's not a problem for me. Still, thanks for the help.

Jek

I first try, and it doesn't update, then I try once more and it does.

G_G

The updater doesn't include the new background worker yet. Which is why some of you may be having troubles. This weekend the updater will be fixed.

Jek

But what if we cant update the update so in the future updating will work?
Just kidding. God Speed Game_Guy... God Speed...

G_G

Here's how it'll work. First you'll update Cybele in the old way. Then the new version of Cybele will update the updater thus making updating work. :D

Ironic much?

Kett Shee

This is very cool.
Quote from: Hellfire's G_G on March 29, 2010, 09:00:34 pm
Here's how it'll work. First you'll update Cybele in the old way. Then the new version of Cybele will update the updater thus making updating work. :D

my head hurts. :wacko:
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

G_G

Great news guys. The next release will be 1.67. And there will be themes. Full skinned themes. And the updater will have a progress bar.

So look out for the new update sometime next week.

legacyblade

Sweet :D looking forward to it.

G_G

Server may be down for awhile. Somethings wrong with our ISP and they have shut their internet down so I'm using my neighbors wi-fi right now.

So it'll be back up ASAP.

Fantasist

Quote from: game_guy on April 07, 2010, 11:04:51 pm
Great news guys. The next release will be 1.67. And there will be themes. Full skinned themes. And the updater will have a progress bar.

I hope the ability to skin according to system's theme will remain, though.
Has been quite a while since I checked this out. Waiting for 1.76 :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Landith

*cough*1.67*cough*

Looking good G_G keep it up ;D