Screenshot Thread

Started by Nortos, January 08, 2008, 02:24:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalaren

well yeah S: the thing is the story kinda changed, it itsnt about the gates anymore S:

RoseSkye

March 11, 2011, 03:46:55 pm #1081 Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:49:16 pm by RoseSkye
Spoiler: ShowHide

I wish I could the map in its entirety... it's a very beautiful map.
MkRtp + Visual Equipment: ShowHide

Once this switch is flipped the person who flipped it will be locked in that position and the party member will be able to go to the boss room.

P.S. You can pick from 2 starter armors, 3 starter weapons, 4 starter shields, 4 hairstyles, and 2 skin colors in game.

DarknessSurrounds

As long as people are posting title screens I'd be awesome if I could get some feedback on mine.

It's animated, the background fades in and out to black slightly and the hands of the "clock" that is the big C spin around.  I'm not too happy with the big C and S, specifically how the edges blend.  Any pointers?  I'm using Photoshop.

Fishface

Heya, I'm new here and looking for some feedback on my tilesets.

ForeverZer0

I think they are gorgeous.  :D
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

you've got a nice theme going through all of them, great textures, and consistent lighting :)  The only thing I don't like is the floor in the 4th screenshot, for some reason it looks weird to me.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Eclipse on May 06, 2011, 09:30:56 pm
As long as people are posting title screens I'd be awesome if I could get some feedback on mine.

It's animated, the background fades in and out to black slightly and the hands of the "clock" that is the big C spin around.  I'm not too happy with the big C and S, specifically how the edges blend.  Any pointers?  I'm using Photoshop.

Looks great! I do not see any problems other than the C and S could use a stronger outer glow.

And lol, when I saw that red mass behind the C, first thing that played in my head was Metroid Prime 1's title theme. Love it.

Fishface

Thanks for the quick feedback, the graphics are originally from Suikoden 2 for PSX

I got a majority of the sprites from thespritersresource.com, everything else I ripped myself.

I have a ton more screens

Untitled

Despite the lack of shadows, those are literally awesome, though I'm seeing one little place that's not.

The second-to-last screenie of the cave has that ramp thingy, and that looks comparatively ugly. You should probably try and stick something to the sides of that to make it look less like a tile and more like a way up the rocks.

DarknessSurrounds

Fishface: Those look pretty good.  My only suggestion is that a lot of the maps look too symmetrical.  Throw some asymmetry in there, it gives maps more life I feel.  If the map needs to be symmetrical (IE inside a building or something), use a few objects or props in asymmetric locations on the map.

Fishface

Cool, thanks. All the maps need some work in one way or the other.

What's the best way to do shadows/lighting?

Right now I'm doing it map by map with fogs and CorelPSPX2, its tedious and time consuming.

Here's a map I "attempted" to make lighting for:

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

stripe103

It seems to be really popular having a map as a title background :D But I think there is something strange with it. I don't know. It is probably the fact that the color is changing over the screen. You could try remove that.
I also think it would be nice with having like some rain or something like that. Depending on the story, of course.

DarknessSurrounds

Quote from: Fishface on May 07, 2011, 09:36:37 am
Cool, thanks. All the maps need some work in one way or the other.

What's the best way to do shadows/lighting?

Right now I'm doing it map by map with fogs and CorelPSPX2, its tedious and time consuming.

Here's a map I "attempted" to make lighting for:

You want something like this: http://rpgcrisis.net/archive/index.php?/tutorials/article/72-near-fantasticas-light-effects/

You can always edit the script and incorporate different light images.  Much less tedious than doing it for every map, however that would all you more control and everything would be more precise.  You could do the fog method on maps with cutscenes that you want to look really good, and use the dynamic effects script for other maps.

Fishface

Wow thanks, that's a cool lil script.

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

stripe103

I think I prefer the newer screenshot. The only bad thing with it is that if you are going to have a cutscene or something playing there, it might be a bit hard to see. If you are not; Nice!

DarknessSurrounds

May 15, 2011, 07:16:34 am #1097 Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 02:17:43 am by Scorpion
Here are a couple new touched up title screens.  I can't decide which I like better though.

ForeverZer0

They both look petty good, but whatever one you pick, make sure the black letters in both words use the same saturation. As of right now, the "Chrono" is much darker than the word "Shift".
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

AliveDrive

HOLY EFFING EFF AT FISHFACE! Very good.

And the Chrono Shift title is BA. I love the dynamic of cellular life juxtaposed against the digital in the lettering.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.