Blizzard, your local awesome person

Started by Blizzard, December 06, 2012, 04:22:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

http://rep.hr/vijesti/usluge/kako-efikasno-distribuirati-aplikaciju-na-sto-vise-platformi/5126/

Quick Google Translate of the text there:

How to efficiently distribute the application on as many platforms?

How to correctly and smartly organize source code in order to maximize the distribution of applications available to as many platforms and to facilitate porting applications to new platforms is the subject in the following Microsoft Advanced Technology Day by saying Kresimir Spes and Boris Mikic from local companies that CATEIA Games for several years engaged in the production of computer games.

Kresimir SPES is a fundamental problem highlighted market segmentation, and a large number of platforms. Specifically, the goal is to have all the games on as many platforms and optimize time and budget, and distribute specialized knowledge.  Spes and Mikic the crowd showed its own solution called April & Friends which is done in C + +, and it is the open source tools that facilitate the construction sites, the use of sounds and more. With the convenience of a great advantage of this solution is and supports multiple platforms. Except for computer games, this model is applicable to a wide range of other applications.  Bearing in mind the large number of platforms should carefully choose the solution because the ultimate goal is to adapt faster, reduce costs and increase market Špes said.In an interview rep.hr Kresimir Špes he is currently completing three computer games and that their goal is to throw an annual five to six games. Accordingly in half a year to hire new people, but do not plan to significantly increase the team now consists of ten permanent members than to rely on outsourcing, he added Špes.  When asked if he plans to maybe do games for Facebook Špes said that for now do not think about it, but it will continue to link their games with applications for Facebook.  When it comes to profit and profitability in this business Špes said that earnings are always present because most work for foreign markets, and that should be taken into account to work and games for multiple platforms, but refused to disclose specific figures. In Croatia, we did a couple of projects, including a project with EPH and One to play and there is a greater benefit was that people have heard of us, but financial, he added.  Otherwise, the company CATEIA Games is present on the market since 2001. year, and they have issued nearly 20 games.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Google translate sucks for whatever language that was (Croatian?), but very cool!  Does April & Friends include any scripting language for faster development?  Something like Python?

Blizzard

Nope. That kind of feature is left for the user of this mini-engine. The idea is not to provide an actual game engine but separate components that can be used for developing a game or an engine.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

... That winkio is a brilliant idea, Heck I did a binding of the audio Lib into Python already and it was fairly strait forward,

you create a proxy object that is bound to both python and C++ and then make an access object that python sees and uses to manipulate.
I bet if you created a generic object that provided some sort of reflection onto the C++ object in APRIL you could make an generic object in python that provided access to it's interface.
course in practice it's more complicated than that by that's the principle.

I think I know what another side project I'm going to be doing is.

Eventually, I have too much on my plate ATM.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

December 11, 2012, 03:31:55 am #4 Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:36:16 am by Blizzard
Spoiler: ShowHide

Spoiler: ShowHide

I hope that I can find some time this weekend to put our presentation on paper in English and post it here.

EDIT: I also have a 3-4 minute video cut from my part of the presentation. As far as I know my future self, he will post it for the lulz (after it's done uploading on DB).

Blizzard

December 16, 2012, 10:44:37 am #5 Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 04:08:39 pm by Blizzard
I almost forgot about this. xD http://youtu.be/bphGYy2dwkc

EDIT: I uploaded this on Youtube and updated the link.

G_G

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU BUT I AM VERY ATTRACTED TO YOU.

Blizzard

December 16, 2012, 02:32:45 pm #7 Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:41:26 pm by Blizzard
I still had my beard back then. THE BEARD OF GLORY!
Also lol, the remote died a few slides before and I had to switch them manually through my laptop.

EDIT: Quick question. Do I appear to be nervous or would you draw the conclusion that I may be nervous?

Ryex

nope, and I only heard 2 "uhh"'s so I'd say it was good
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

December 16, 2012, 05:18:35 pm #9 Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:20:14 pm by Blizzard
I generally wasn't nervous, but I also know how to hide it.
I mixed up a bit of stuff and had to restart my sentence, but that's mostly from inexperience in holding presentations. I think I've only held 4-5 presentations before this one.