[XP] Creations - A Multi-Player Building Game

Started by Wizered67, February 22, 2012, 12:54:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hansiec

October 07, 2012, 02:34:32 pm #40 Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:36:09 pm by hansiec
Quote from: Wizered67 on October 07, 2012, 02:48:41 am
I finally got around to adding crafting! Big thanks to Ryex for making his Mouse Window API so easy to adapt. I'm using it for pretty much every window imaginable xD

Spoiler: ShowHide

I'm open to suggestions and feedback if anyone has any.

looks like progress is going good here, also is this going to be a hosted server or like minecraft's host-your-own game?

Wizered67

The current plan is that its going to be a hosted server, but I would consider looking into the alternative of host-your-own-server.

hansiec

Quote from: Wizered67 on October 07, 2012, 04:33:48 pm
The current plan is that its going to be a hosted server, but I would consider looking into the alternative of host-your-own-server.

Alright, either one if fine by me, also you should at the very least include offline play for people who aren't online always.

Wizered67

Just a quick report on my progress (no screenshots this time), I've managed to get a basic growing system working. Currently there are only 1 type of seeds, tree seeds, which when planted will eventually grow into actual trees to use to get logs. This growing system is one of my first big updates that will take advantage of the time system, and will later include different growth rates for different crops as well as different stages of growth. Stay tuned for more updates!

Interesting note, because of the way the tree growth is simulated, no players need to be online for anything to grow, the server only must be up. This way, you can plant stuff, leave, and come back later to harvest your crops.

Loveless

This is looking great. Feel free to PM me if you ever need another tester. Also, are there going to be monsters you can fight or at least when going to war are you fighting players?

Wizered67

Thanks for the offer to test, I'll get back to you once this gets back to the testing stage. There will be combat of some sort if that's what your asking and there will definitely be PvP, but I'm not yet sure to what extent the battles will take place. I had an idea that I'm toying with about having it be a turn based strategy battle system, and the way you build your maps can affect how you do in battle. Just a random thought.

KK20

Quote from: Wizered67 on October 20, 2012, 01:17:18 am
Thanks for the offer to test, I'll get back to you once this gets back to the testing stage. There will be combat of some sort if that's what your asking and there will definitely be PvP, but I'm not yet sure to what extent the battles will take place. I had an idea that I'm toying with about having it be a turn based strategy battle system, and the way you build your maps can affect how you do in battle. Just a random thought.

I had an idea that I'm toying with about having it be a turn based strategy battle system, and the way you build your maps can affect how you do in battle.

turn based strategy battle system

:troll: I didn't influence this, did I?

By the way, never really said anything about this game yet. I love the idea and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. What you have here is a brilliant project compared to some of the things I've seen in my Game Design club at school.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Wizered67

I had the idea a while ago as a sort of alternative to an abs, and when I was thinking about your post, it kind of reminded me of it. I also kind of thought making one from scratch may almost be easier than getting the Blizz-ABS controller working perfectly with RMX-OS xD. And thanks for the feedback :D

andreadixon

Hi is this project still active? I would really like to have this, I will buy it if you do not want it any more. Please

Subsidedgibbon0

Me to i would love to see this continue if not i still would be interested to a link to the release beta or whatever it was.

Wizered67

Yeah... this project is fairly old now. The server is no longer up, so having the beta wouldn't do you much good. I've been considering releasing everything as open source in the future, but frankly the code is so disorganized I'm not sure it would do much good.

Zexion

I'm sure it would. It could serve as something for people to look at o.o

andreadixon

Ya Please release this I really want to do the same, I would buy it if you let me and I can continue the work, Please

Wizered67

It's something I'll think about. I have all of the client and server stuff backed up, so I can put it up at some point  if I decide to. Like I said before though, I never made this with the intention of it being shared, and since I was pretty new to programming at the other time, I didn't really follow good programming practices. As such, many of my edits were made directly in the RMX-OS script, though mostly in one place. Additionally, the way I did the build/destroy component was very flawed. Every time a change was made to the map, the entire map files was sent to the server and then sent back to the clients, even if it was only a change in one place. I started fixing that near the end, but it was still pretty buggy.

andreadixon

April 19, 2014, 11:29:44 pm #54 Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:39:19 pm by andreadixon
Ok think about it, I really need something like this, and If you do want to sell it I will buy it, just contact me, and by the way it looks really good you should give your self a big credit for this. :)

Oh and I just sent you a message.

Crasger

whitespirits

i think some1 with ability to fix could create a great addon system for rmx

PhoenixFire

I agree that this could be something to look further into, especially with the XPAce project, and the engine F0 is making.. This could servebas anbreally cool base for some neat games..
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

alisgames

Hi, there. Are you planning to release this at all. This looks really cool and I would love to try. Thanks

amjrl

Hello, I like this system you made in rpg maker xp , I wanted to know if you have a demo, or anything, I'm trying to make the same thing and just wanted to ask if you can share this project with me. Or if you can show me how you made it, Thank You