ARC Legacy Edition - Engine Beta 2

Started by Blizzard, May 19, 2012, 02:57:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

khkramer

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on July 30, 2012, 01:26:43 pm
I have uploaded the second beta of the engine and update the CoSLAL example as well to use beta 2. There wasn't changed much, but the underlying libraries have been refactored and improved ever since. Beta 2 should work properly with the newest RMXP2ARC project converter.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

khkramer

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on July 30, 2012, 01:26:43 pm
the newest RMXP2ARC project converter.

If I remember right, the old ones had problems with conversion of UTF8 characters.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

khkramer

Also used the latest version of the project converter.

Blizzard

Then something with your script is broken or Ryex hasn't updated the converter. Beta 2 was made especially to address this issue.

khkramer

I'm sorry but the code converter error keeps occuring, and I'm using the newest project converter and the newest version of the engine.

Blizzard

You will have to wait until Ryex can take a look at it.

orochii

Hi people! Just tried the beta 2 with my game. I think that if my game works, everything else will do ahahahahaha! But anyway...

I'm using binaries from the CoSLAL just in case, and the RMXP2ARC converter linked at the converter's tutorial post. They seem to be working fine.

So, here is some of my experiences. First "problem" I encountered is that the game's window caption can't use characters like ö, it crashes the player.

After that, it starts fine, renders my splash screen (which is just a fullscreen sprite appearing and dissapearing). Then, it goes black and just closes, no error message or anything. One of the possible causes can be that I use the FMOD Ex script, for loop support and save/load playing position. Anything else, pretty vanilla, as after the splash comes the title screen, which consists of sprites and a battle animation.
Another thing I'm using is Glitchfinder's input scripts (full keyb and gamepad), but it's not a problem, I have Tab key as "speed-up" key, and it works fine.

Anyway, I will continue testing, maybe Mode7 or something, or XAS, or any of those very used scripts, and I'll test my RomaSaGa BS,
Orochii Zouveleki

Ryex

August 29, 2013, 01:55:45 am #69 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:57:37 am by Ryex
if your games uses external libraries like FMOD or Mode 7 your going to run into problems ARC's binary isn't going to be compatible with most of dll's thouse scripts pull in as they were specially compiled for RMXP's binary

the 'ö' in the window caption is probably fixable as it's a "simple" matter of enabling Unicode support for the window caption. I put "simple" in quotes because in actuality this is handled by APRIL and that's something Blizz deals with atm (not that i can't, I'm simply not familiar with that particular part of APRIL).
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Actually I was having no problems with this on ARC CoSLAL without any modifications, but I'll take a look at it anyway.