[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RoseSkye

Ah, I had to put it below the B-ABS.

LiTTleDRAgo

when I use a beam type skill and opened hotkey menu I get error saying sprite disposed

if @dmg_update
      # update damage sprites
      $BlizzABS.cache.damages.each {|dmg| dmg.update}
      # iterate through all beam sprites
      $BlizzABS.cache.beams.each {|beam|
          # decrease counter
          beam[1] -= 1
          # set new opacity
          beam[0].opacity = beam[1] * 15}
    end

winkio

January 22, 2011, 02:47:53 pm #4082 Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:06:00 pm by winkio
It has come to my attention that I messed up the enemy AI for shooting skills and attacks.  This will be fixed in the next version.

@drago: thanks, I'll fix that.

EDIT: @drago: the problem is actually somewhat complicated, so for 2.84, I'm just putting in a fix that deletes the beam sprite when you enter a menu.  I'm not going to put that much effort into fixing it because eventually beam sprites will be just like any other skill sprites, and then we won't have this issue.

EDIT: v2.84 is out:
  • Fixed bug with enemy AI using skills and attacks at frequent intervals.
  • Added \nodmg tag, which will not display damage for the battler.
  • Added Knockback Mode option in the configuration, which allows you to choose between no knockback, having knockback always knock the player backwards, and having knockback always knock the player away from the hit.
  • Added Custom Knockback attribute to weapons, skills, items, and enemies.

ShadowSaber

about projectile weapon (bow and arrow type) why we must equip the ammunition first?

could you make that simply reduce the ammunition without equipping it first?

Blizzard

Oh my god, your game can read minds? Wow, that's amazing! It automatically knows which ammo you want to use, you don't even have to equip it! How did you do that?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ForeverZer0

It's easy to do if you are using this.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

stripe103

Now I don't think you are very nice to him.. He is new.. And by the sounds of it, new to the whole game making world as well.
Still, I'd like to know how he want a feature like that to work.

ShadowSaber

Quote from: Blizzard on January 23, 2011, 04:06:52 am
Oh my god, your game can read minds? Wow, that's amazing! It automatically knows which ammo you want to use, you don't even have to equip it! How did you do that?

you're mean...

is that sarcasm?  :P

Quote from: stripe103 on January 23, 2011, 05:19:01 am
Now I don't think you are very nice to him.. He is new.. And by the sounds of it, new to the whole game making world as well.
Still, I'd like to know how he want a feature like that to work.

hmm, I'm pretty bad for explaining things,

maybe like this

Quoteweapon : gun

item :
normal bullet
exploding bullet
freezing bullet

if all the bullet didn't exist player cannot attack
if only normal bullet exist, player will use normal bullet
if only exploding bullet exist, player will use exploding bullet

if all three bullet exist, player will use normal bullet unless player switch it to another bullet

Blizzard

Quote from: ShadowSaber on January 23, 2011, 05:38:58 am
is that sarcasm?  :P

I'll be honest with you. Yes.

Quote from: ShadowSaber on January 23, 2011, 05:38:58 am
Quoteweapon : gun

item :
normal bullet
exploding bullet
freezing bullet

if all the bullet didn't exist player cannot attack
if only normal bullet exist, player will use normal bullet
if only exploding bullet exist, player will use exploding bullet

if all three bullet exist, player will use normal bullet unless player switch it to another bullet

[/quote]

Now, that explanation is a whole lot better. You will need a custom script for that (a plugin) because this isn't really something that should be part of the base system. Best you post a script request. This isn't difficulty to do if you know Blizz-ABS or have at least some scripting knowledge.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ShadowSaber

Quote from: Blizzard on January 23, 2011, 05:46:26 amI'll be honest with you. Yes.

XD

Quote from: Blizzard on January 23, 2011, 05:46:26 am
Now, that explanation is a whole lot better. You will need a custom script for that (a plugin) because this isn't really something that should be part of the base system. Best you post a script request. This isn't difficulty to do if you know Blizz-ABS or have at least some scripting knowledge.

then I'll request it in request section  :haha:

Out of Topic: ShowHide
btw, I logged out everytime I close firefox  :???:
It's kind of annoying

Blizzard

Firefox should have cookies enabled so you stay logged in. Also, in the login screen check the box that says "stay logged in forever".

Futendra

Blizzard, If you use RMX-OS with this, are the enemies general? do other people see you attacking the enemies? and can you help them attack the enemy etc? or does every player has hes own unique enemies on the map?

Blizzard

Every player has their own enemies. That's why you are supposed to use the Blizz-ABS Controller for RMX-OS if you want enemies that are shared among players. *facepalm*

Rose Guardian

January 23, 2011, 11:30:14 am #4093 Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:31:18 am by Rose Guardian
Hi, I know you don't use RPG Maker any more Blizz but I would like to request a something for the next version of your action battle system or add on what ever would be easier.  Could you add a boss system where you can call a boss in the script with an event and can give him multipile HP bars like in the action battle system vampire abs that is for RMVX by the way to your abs for RMXP?  I appolygize if it already has been done but if it has been done with your abs could you tell me how or give me a link to the add on if it exists.  Thank you.

Starrodkirby86

winkio handles Blizz-ABS now, so asking requests for Blizzard is, as you probably have guessed, not worth it... Well, let's see...

I don't really think you need a script or anything to launch a boss. I mean, all you need to do is make the boss yet another enemy in the Database, and when you want it to be to appear, just rename the event via a Call Script with \e[ID# OF BOSS] in it. The manual has a section with script references, and if you look at 5.5.4, there's a call script function where you can rename the event. o.o

$game_map.rename_event(EVENT_ID, 'NEW_NAME')

Now, I'm unsure about the multiple HP Bar things, that's probably more suited for an add-on (And it sounds a lot like Kingdom Hearts anyway :V: ).

But yeah, you can launch a boss that way. The manual has a lot of wonderful things inside it. xD

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Futendra

Quote from: Blizzard on January 23, 2011, 09:35:21 am
Every player has their own enemies. That's why you are supposed to use the Blizz-ABS Controller for RMX-OS if you want enemies that are shared among players. *facepalm*
I use the controller, and every player has hes own enemies, so what do u mean, deleting the controller makes them general? Or having it??

The Niche

Quote from: Futendra on January 23, 2011, 04:15:33 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on January 23, 2011, 09:35:21 am
I use the controller, and every player has hes own enemies, so what do u mean, deleting the controller makes them general? Or having it??

Read what he said again. In fact, read the bolded part.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

G_G

Couple of glitches.

First, I made a small plug-in to allow for more then four party members. Now the caterpillar draws it just fine. So I have 6 members and it'll have all six out until I press the switch leader button then it forces it to go to four members and it removes the other two.

Second, its probably me somewhere along the lines, but I'm using the default skills, no modifications, no configuration other then I changed Heal's range to 10 squares. I set the key to slot 1. Then I pressed 1 and it showed the skill was equipped. It won't let me us it. I have members in range and I know for a fact they need healing. Even if they didn't I did and it just kept playing the buzzer noise. Like I said its probably me somewhere.

LiTTleDRAgo

January 24, 2011, 09:18:48 pm #4098 Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:25:08 pm by LiTTleDRAgo
now I get new problem

Spoiler: ShowHide

when I create something like secret passage using an event, player can go through it

is this a bug?

Quote from: game_guy on January 24, 2011, 09:09:58 pm
Couple of glitches.

First, I made a small plug-in to allow for more then four party members. Now the caterpillar draws it just fine. So I have 6 members and it'll have all six out until I press the switch leader button then it forces it to go to four members and it removes the other two.

is plugin really needed for more than 4 party members?

winkio

@drago: hm, that's wierd, looks like the passability for tile events got messed up.  I'll fix that.