[XP: BLIZZ-AB ASS GAME] Flame of Life Season 1 is shit

Started by Magus, June 09, 2011, 05:43:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus

The Flame of Life season 1  (Made this a while back, but featured a few new things before hard drive crashed.)
Genre: Shit.  [ 2018 edit:  Looking back on this, I cringe. Cringe so much. Maybe I didn't make this. My account was a figurehead to the real evil XD)

Platform
Rpg Maker XP (please see features)

Story
I'd rather let the game speak for itself(it's just a first game of a series), but here's the story.
Flare, a teenage boy, is hanging out with his friends during lunch time. Suddenly, there was a large vibration --earthquake-like one. He wanted to venture out into the forest to see what happened, but his cowardly friends didn't want to go with him. Since Flare had fighting experience and carried a wooden sword, he decided to go into the forest alone. There he meets a girl named Flarina, who is an observer. She tells him that he's the Flame of Life and that a very important city of the human world was in danger. She even offered to train him on the way. Flare makes up an excuse and runs back to the classroom. However, Flarina was persistent. She transferred into his school. Flare gave up and decided to help her. This is where the story begins....

[2018 Edit: To the past me. Why? Just...why? Stop. No. *facepalm* just, ugh. The story is terrible, the description feels rushed and incomplete. It is certainly not my quality style of writing.. Why...what. I'm confused. And why this shitty choice of names. Flarina? Are you fucking out of your mind? You...]

Characters
Flare ASS:
Spirit: Flame of ass
Data: Main character. Apparently has lost memories --because he was once a great being.  2018 Edit: Nah, he's just some fag. What is this? *facepalm*
-------------------
Non playable(some become playable in season2,) but import characters:
----------------------
Flarina:
Age: Unknown, but appears to be 16.  2018 edit: omg.... there's pedophila in here too? aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Spirit: Observer  ASS
Data: An observer who was actually born in the human world. Although the game doesn't state this because Flarina keeps this a secret. ASS

Liya:
Spirit: Human.
Data: A girl that was once the servant of Lui, an immature man that owned an island. Unknown data about her.   2018 edit: oh really guy? Unknown data about here? Then why bother adding this entry. Why bother with the above live. Couldn't you say former servant of xxx guy?

Venom:   :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Spirit: Unknown.
Data: The main antagonist --a being that is after the shard of destiny that lies within the City of Oracles.

And there are more characters, but these are important for now. Flame of Life season 2 adds a crap ton of more characters but you will see why, later.
^2018 edit:  Please shut up. Please stop. No on cares. I certainly don't. No wonder why the hard drive crashed. Someone probably hacked it just to save lives.
Screen Shots
"Screenshot1": ShowHide

"Screenshot 2": ShowHide

"Screenshot3": ShowHide

"Screenshot of action": ShowHide

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Features
1. Advanced Battle System  [battle system changes in season 2] Cbs  by Blizzard
2. Functional bosses  [Includes Enemy health system, boss health bar system, and major boss health bars.].
3. Overdrive system, by Blizzard
4. Storyline: Humorous and Unique (but maybe you'll have to decide)
5. World Map System. (Yes, In this game, it uses stages, cutscenes, and events to progress the story.)
2018 edit:  World Map system....you lazy son of a bitch. -_- This whole game could've been so much better if you were so lazy.... Even the reviewer below agrees. Can't explain any other reason why he would play it as far as he did...

Download      <--2018 edit:  not sure if this link works, but DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5rspzop0dtrpiqc    (Please Full Screen this game -alt/enter-  See glitches to understand why XD)
Credits
Credits are within the game.

Series(exclusive knowledge to Chaos-Project only)     2018 edit:  Pretty sure no one here gives a shit about your shitty game past me. If this was my idea...
Flame of Life  ASS
Flame of Life season 2: Ass Egos
Flame of Life season 3: The Final Ass
Flame of Live Over (deciding rather to make this or not. It will simply be a game where romance comedy spikes, but still remains as a game,
but the plot will have nothing to do with the seasons above. Think of it more as an alternate flame of life.)    <---2018 edit:  What? What is this guy talking about? Omg,  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Notes
There are little or no glitches that I know of.  [other than the Flame of life "seaon" spelling error of "season" thing. I can't get rid of the error because my hard drive crashed and the full encrypted version of this game was on my flashdrive.)

Edit 2018 note: I just don't get it......... What kind of phase was this version of me going through? :facepalm:
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Magus

Added 1 more screen shot, demonstrating a little fighting.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

G_G

So many grammar/spelling mistakes. ;-; I'm playing the game now. Seems alright with the story. But really the grammar errors are irritating me really bad.

Magus

Sorry D:  You won't see that mistake ever again in Generations(which is productions carefully. I'll release a demon to prove it.) Flame of Life is simply an old game :/
If only RMXP had grammar check back then or at least show the green lines so I could catch them on the spot.

MarkHest

My Anti-Virus software is preventing me from downloading the file. Saying it has a priority "high" virus.

Magus

Really? Impossible. My computer's anti-virus, which is avira keeps my workplace secure (paid version) so I know I didn't upload any virus.. Bleh.. I thought Mediafire was supposed to be the best around..

I can't make you take my word for this but if Game_Guy had no problems with this, you shouldn't either.

Magus

Well guys, I decided to do something that should've been done a while ago. Since Generations is gone and Flame of Life 3 vanished (all from hard drive failures) On my own laptop, I decided to REMAKE Flame of Life 1. I just played the game last night and beat the Final Boss and what not. There are some things within the game that could use some revamping. Here's a list of what I plan to do so far.:  I may follow the lead of Generations, an amazing game I lost...After losing that, I nearly quite Rpg Maker.

1. Change Every song in the game.
2. Recreate all enemies. Give them their own names. Create new enemies.
3. Recreate all maps. Add more maps and secret maps. Side quest maps too.
4. Make changes to world map.
5. Recreate all bosses. Add in secret bosses.
6. Make more weapons. Add in the ability to forge for new weapons.
7. Add more items. Add the ability to forge for secret items.
8. Increase game length. Add more to the storyline and romance.
9. Add more chances to use Flame Mode. Add FM-only skills.
10. Add a mode after game completion. (Extras Mode)
11. Recreate the final boss. Add a new part to final boss.
12. Add ability to forge skills/ add more skills.
13. Add more overdrive skills and overdrive special abilities.
14. Add a variation of mini games.
15. Recreate Ending
16. Make Better Chapter Transitions.
17. More allies.
18. Repair dialogue and add new cutscenes.

MarkHest

Alright, i turned off the firewall and downloaded the game. I will be able to give you some feedback when i finnish it.

Magus

Quote from: MarkHest on February 01, 2012, 04:28:36 pm
Alright, i turned off the firewall and downloaded the game. I will be able to give you some feedback when i finnish it.

Okay, thanks. But just to let you know, I am remaking this game from scratch. So far I got the opening scenes done and opening maps. I'm going to incorporate SO much more into this.

MarkHest

February 29, 2012, 07:35:37 pm #9 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:47:07 pm by MarkHest
I stopped playing the game becouse i gotta say, i didn't realy like it at all. This is going to be a rather harch feedback message and i'll try and sound as nice as possible. Actually this might be a critisicm post...
If you're realy remaking the game then i got a few things for you that you should keep in mind. I'll list them for you.

• 1: The game/story is moving way too fast! I mean, at the start of the game the main charakter just meets this random girl who tells him that he is the flame of life and they just start traveling together. Flare just seem to accept it right away and doesn't realy seem to care about it at all. Try to capture the emotions of the charakters a bit more by moving a bit slower in the storyline and don't just reveal something important and meaningfull and later throw them in an adventure like 20 seconds after.

• 2: The maping was very... repetitive. I mostly got bored becouse of how similar all the maps were to each other and you just walk in a single line with no exploration.

• 3: The music. The music sucked. I am sorry but i realy realy realy hated the music of this game, it bored me more than anything. The most annoying soundtrack was the normal boss fight music, you might want to think your music through a little bit more carefully. (But then again, this is only my thoughts)

• 4: The game is so much clicheĆ©! You move through a stage, face a boss, win the stage, move to the next stage and repeat. You might wanna put a pattern on the new game as well and give it more form, add some colors, you know what i mean.

• 5: Something i realy hate with sertain games is when the main villian shows up in front of the main charakter just to put up a show. He says stuff like: "Hahahaha! I am the bad guy and you will never stop me! Hahaha!" then dissapears... Why? He could have defeated the main charakter so easily if he wanted too that very moment! I just can't get the feeling that a guy acting this way is dangerous or even evil at all. I found him rather stupid and annoying instead. (I kinda got the same impression from Nemesis in Lexima Legends, but still, that was a lot better than when you meet the bad guy in this game for the first time.)

• 6: Annoying Charakters. This may just be me but when all the girls started to cling to Flare and adventure with him just becouse he was their "type" kind of gave them a bad impression. You aren't even properly introduced to them, one of the girls that follows with you came like a shock to me, i was like: "Where the hell did she come from? Who IS she even?!"

• 7: Another thing i hated is related to what i wrote on the 4th thing i wrote. Many of the bosses... wait, let me rephrase that. Almost ALL of the bosses are thrown right at your face! Like when you walk on the beach to get some herbs for making the medicine and when you pick the last chest it says somthing like: "You found the last herb, congratulations... To bad you won't be getting them!" and all of a sudden you are teleported to a random map and this huge dragonfly starts battling you for no complete reason at all! It's just like: "Hey i'm a big scary monster in the end of your chellange! Now i must kill you becouse i am bound by the laws of RPG's." Almost all of the bosses are thrown right at your face like this. It wouln't be a bad thing if it happened just a few times or once. But all the time? ._.

Now to list some good things.

• 1: Bosses. The bosses were hard and frustrating. This can be a good thing since giving a game a little chellange can give the player a feeling to want to continue playing becouse he/she wants to beat a perticular boss badly! But be aware of that making a boss WAY to hard will make them ragequit as well. (So far i've only meet realy hard bosses but not impossible bosses, some were quiet annoying)

Actually, that's realy the only good thing i can think of right now. I know i sound harsh but criticism is something you'll have to live with as a game developer i guess. These are just my thoughts and i don't know if people agree with me.

I would like to add something before i go: Take your time to think through this a bit. You're saying the new improved game will be totaly kick-ass and awesome. This game didn't live up to the impression i got from the game before i played it at all. Try to not make the same mistake with the new version.

That's all.

winkio

Quote from: MarkHest on February 29, 2012, 07:35:37 pm
5: Something i realy hate with sertain games is when the main villian shows up in from of the main charakter just to put up a show. He says stuff like: "Hahahaha! I am the bad guy and you will never stop me! Hahaha!" then dissapears... Why? He could have defeated the main charakter so easily if he wanted too that very moment! I just can't get the feeling that a guy acting this way is dangerous or even evil at all. I found him rather stupid and annoying instead. (I kinda got the same impression from Nemesis in Lexima Legends, but still, that was a lot better than when you meet the bad guy in this game for the first time.)

People bring this up a lot even in popular games.  The point of the villain showing up, spelling out his evil plan, and toying with the hero is to develop his or her malicious personality.  Now you can say that is stupid, and that the villain would have a much easier time if he just killed the hero right off the bat, etc.  Of course, if that was the case, the villain would be the most bland chunk of flesh in existence.  The gloating is necessary to develop the villain's character.  In many games, it is very enjoyable, and the taunts make it even more satisfying when you finally get to beat the crap out of the boss later.

MarkHest

@Winkio: I agree with you a bit on that one. However, if the main villian is going to show up in front of the main charakter the developers should at least make it with style. The reason i mentioned Nemesis from Lexima Legends is becouse Blizzard made his appearence with a bit more style, just to give Magus an idea of how this perticualar moment could be better in this game. I'm not talking about a complete rip-off, just give the villian a bit more feel to him and dont' make him look like an idiot :P

Blizzard

An actual spoiler: ShowHide
Nemesis taunts the party as they are supposed to do something for him. Basically he provokes them to make sure they will reverse the Fire of Life.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Magus

March 14, 2012, 09:16:33 am #13 Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:19:01 am by Magus
Much appreciate the review.  Your review hits the mark. I don't know what I was thinking when I created it but this is why I decided to give it a complete remake. I TOO felt like I rushed everything.  I didn't give out any time to truly develop my characters. For example, I really fucked up with Flarina.. Her true character is supposed to be a shy with guys and what not at first  (since she's in the Flame Temple most of the time, she's not around men.)  Also, left out a few characters who were supposed to return. SHIT, I EVEN ACCIDENTLY LEFT OUT TWO ENTIRE WORLDS. There are actually supposed to be 7 worlds excluding the hidden final world.

But of course, I'm not going to make the same mistake twice. The entire beginning of the story has been changed. I added in new characters as well...

-_Remember that character Cindy in the beginning. Well she was supposed to be an important character to the storyline but somehow I left her out T_T...

Moral of the story is... this isn't the real FOL XD. That put-together piece of shit left out too any aspects of the story (including the real villain's motives)  which made it up to be a game you can complete the same day --probably in 4 -5 hours at most. Almost like an old Mario game. (expect, Mario kicks ass)

Anyway,  This is the reason for the remake from scratch. This will also demonstrate my true skills to Rpg maker XP and since I'm much better at bosses creation --although, I like the idea of challenging bosses--- I will make the boss transition a lot better. Like for example, they won't seem randomly thrown at you and they will have an obvious weakness.

@Markhest.  If possible, Mind if I show you some of the improved game soon?   Also, if you notice in my first remake post above, the music was the first thing I mention about being changed XD. The original music provided was originally intended as a troll to annoy my friends and make the game harder but I forgot to remove it.

MarkHest

It's nice to see that you understand the flaws instead of flaming me xD

Quote from: MagusIf possible, Mind if I show you some of the improved game soon?

I wouldn't mind :)

Vexus

Using cloud as sprite plus buster sword in a non FF7 game?

That's a big nono.
Current Project/s:

Magus

March 16, 2012, 08:36:52 am #16 Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:34:02 am by Magus
I'm sorry, I'm unfamiliar with characters since I don't play Final fantasy :/  Anyway, I'll have a Flame of Life 1 R DEMO which shows my current skills at rmxp pretty soon.

What's new?
Everything.  New characters, plot, maps(so much exploration space that I'm exhausted already for making this shit XD)
And with exploration space comes secrets. But most of them are hard as shit to find, but they do exist. Think as if you're playing LOZ.
I'm also trying to avoid using too much of the old Rtp when it comes to enemies.

Luckily, no one here has played Flame of Life 2 because as of now, that game no longer exists and the time period of it is broken. I also plan to remake that game a bit later --since it uses an entirely different battle system, but for now the idea of that is delayed since I'm focusing on

making Flame of Life Season 1 R  a pretty big and fat game. 

-- I'm going to keep the world map system (making brand new World maps though) because it was a big part of the original game. The only thing that will be different is that you'll be able to reenter areas in the case of wanting to locate secrets. PLUS. Most areas will
have requirements before you can simply beat the area.

--Better towns.   Towns will have side quests in which are totally optional. You will get paid for them though. Items in this game will be quite expensive so taking side quests to pay for expenses would be quite recommended. Hidden items can be found in some of those Side quest levels.

--- Barrier areas . Sometimes you can obtain special passes in certain side quests or missions which allows you to access special areas. Each of these areas are ranked. You'll need a pass that matches that rank to enter. This encourages you to reenter areas that you may have beaten in order to unlock additional weapons or parts to forge items.

Complicated Bosses -- In Flame of Life Ova, I realized there were additional ways I could make bosses. So plan to give it all.
Don't worry, this won't be like the original FOL where there were bosses thrown at you and there sure won't bosses at the end of each level this time. ...in the original, that helped me to hone my boss-making skills. ...of course, the hardest boss in that game was Josh (which occurred just before fighting the true final boss)...
Anyway, I'll do my best on these guys/girls/we.  Each world boss will have probably its own background/a reason on why its attacking you or maybe not. I'll see. But they won't be random. At least I hope not.

Weapons:  I apologize. The original lacked these. It REALLY really lacked these. So I plan to make a flock of these. You'll be able to forge new ones too using provided materials.

Items: You'll have a lot of these but also you'll be able to forge for tons of these too. Some items can even get you to secret areas..

Here's the new line up anyway:

Flame of Life Season 1 R

Flame of Life Season 2 R: A Vengeful Impostor

Flame of Life Season 3: Final Hazard
--
Flame of Life Ova 1: The Boss Challenge
Flame of Life Ova 2/etc: ????????

I'm also searching for a sprite which I had a while ago for Flare's new look. I thought it was pretty cool. Anyway  that's it so far.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Magus

So I looked at this really old, 7 year post of mine and just shuddered, barfed, and cringed. Cringed so much.
Did commentary on it.  Sort like:  If I were to comment on my past self sort of thing. 

I feel so distant from whomever made this flame of ass game xD.