[XP] RO Job/Skill System

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:24:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoofus

hey Blizz i noticed that if you use the current script of this that when you lvl. up while using your ABS the HP and SP doesnt upgrade in the hud
until you go into the menu and then it will upgrade....

i thought you might want to know this cause i just upgraded to the newest version of this and i i was testing my game and realized this

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Blizzard

I see. Thanks for reporting that glitch, I'll fix it ASAP. It's most probably just a few lines of code.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Faint

1st.  Ok I am trying to set up this script and I was wondering how do I go about making it so when you select the skill option from the menu it takes you to the skill learning menu aka Scene. I know to call it you use $scene = Scene_SkillChange.new but where do I place it so it displays that and not the regular skill menu.

2nd.  Is there a way to make the skills you set for this system have requirements? What I am trying to say is, is it possible to make it so in order to learn certain skills you have to have learned some prerequisit skills?

Blizzard

May 31, 2008, 08:39:09 am #23 Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:28:05 am by Blizzard
1. I'm not sure what you mean, but if you want to add an option to the normal menu that allows you to enter the scene, read this topic under 6. a). It explains how to do that.

2. I haven't implemented that. But it's a good idea. I will add that in a future release. I just don't know when I will find the time. Since it is a simple edit, I might do it in the next couple of days when I find a couple of minutes of free time.

3. I am sorry, but I had to disable posting for guests due to repeated spamming. You will have to register if you want to post.

EDIT:

@Faint: I got wasterd on both friday and saturday and my mind wasn't able to be productive yesterday, so I made the edit in the script that you wanted. Now skills can have other skills as requirement. Keep in mind that this won't be displayed in the screen, though. As I said, my brain was in a state of vegetation and the center for creative interface design wasn't working. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

[Faint]

June 08, 2008, 02:04:59 am #24 Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 04:46:38 am by [Faint]
Finally it let me register!!
Anyways I am thankful to you for editing the script for me but I as wondering, is it possible so that it doesnt even show the name/icon and description of the skills that have prerequiste skills until the prerequistes have been met? Basically what I am saying is make it so the player does not know the skill exists until they learn all prereq's.
Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

Blizzard

June 08, 2008, 09:42:43 am #25 Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 10:09:12 am by Blizzard
Sure. I'll edit the script and make that an optional feature, just give me a couple of minutes. :)

EDIT: There you go. :)

[Faint]

June 08, 2008, 12:26:39 pm #26 Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 01:38:48 pm by [Faint]
Edit: wow I feel really dumb..... I forgot to set HIDE_SKILLS to true XD so yea ignore the question lol.

ok thanks a bunch for that. but how would I go about setting it up? I mean I have a skill set up with prereq's but when I test the game that skill appears as the disabled_color still instead of not being there. Sorry if I am being a pain in the butt I am trying to learn while getting help lol.

Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

shdwlink1993

Blizz, I note that the compatability check is still "$ro_jobskill_clone = 1.2". You might want that to be 1.4, since that is the current version. ::)
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Blizzard

June 15, 2008, 07:36:23 am #28 Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 07:37:03 am by Blizzard
Not true! D: *fixes before anybody notices that he's bluffing* (^_^')

zchin131

Do you think that you could make the script also work in the menu screen and I am having a hard time with the instruction especially when it said to Press ctrl+f .My question is where to press it can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aqua

Quote from: zchin131 on June 26, 2008, 04:27:52 pm
Do you think that you could make the script also work in the menu screen and I am having a hard time with the instruction especially when it said to Press ctrl+f .My question is where to press it can someone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off... >.< so many !'s.

Ctrl+F is the find function of Windows (and maybe some other OS but not Mac).  So when you paste in the script, press Ctrl+F, and type in "START RO Skill Database", and... yeah :)  do what the script says.

Starrodkirby86

June 26, 2008, 05:36:07 pm #31 Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:45:28 pm by Starrodkirby86
Quote from: zchin131 on June 26, 2008, 04:27:52 pm
Do you think that you could make the script also work in the menu screen and I am having a hard time with the instruction especially when it said to Press ctrl+f .My question is where to press it can someone help me please!
If you mean that you want the script to be an extra choice in the Menu screen, then I think I can help you with that (Though this is all through presumptions, so this will probably not be correct. Someone get me a real scripter that knows what he is doing).

Spoiler: ShowHide
There's one part of the script in Scene_Menu. It should be pretty obvious:
  def main
    # Make command window
    s1 = $data_system.words.item
    s2 = $data_system.words.skill
    s3 = $data_system.words.equip
    s4 = "Status"
    s5 = "Save"
    s6 = "End Game"
    @command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6])
    @command_window.index = @menu_index

See the s1, s2, s3, and so forth? These are all choices, and such. Add in another one so it'll look like this:
  def main
    # Make command window
    s1 = $data_system.words.item
    s2 = $data_system.words.skill
    s3 = $data_system.words.equip
    s4 = "Status"
    s5 = "Job System"
    s6 = "Save"
    s7 = "End Game"
    @command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7])
    @command_window.index = @menu_index
(By the way, I have no idea what to do with the 160...I'm assuming it's a width or of that sort...I want someone to help me in the case.)

Now, there should be this part.
  def update_command
    # If B button was pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      # Play cancel SE
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
      # Switch to map screen
      $scene = Scene_Map.new
      return
    end
    # If C button was pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      # If command other than save or end game, and party members = 0
      if $game_party.actors.size == 0 and @command_window.index < 4
        # Play buzzer SE
        $game_system.se_play($data_system.buzzer_se)
        return
      end
      # Branch by command window cursor position
      case @command_window.index
      when 0  # item
        # Play decision SE
        $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
        # Switch to item screen
        $scene = Scene_Item.new
      when 1  # skill
        # Play decision SE
        # Make status window active
        @command_window.active = false
        @status_window.active = true
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 2  # equipment
        # Play decision SE
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 3  # status
        # Play decision SE
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 4  # save
        # If saving is forbidden
        if $game_system.save_disabled
          # Play buzzer SE
          return
        end
        # Play decision SE
        # Switch to save screen
        $scene = Scene_Save.new
      when 5  # end game
        # Play decision SE
        # Switch to end game screen
        $scene = Scene_End.new
      end
      return
    end
  end
This is the transfer from the s1-6 to what they actually do. Now, since there'll be seven choices, we have to change the numbers. Along with that, we need to add in the Ragnarok thingie. It will probably look like this.
  def update_command
    # If B button was pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      # Play cancel SE
      $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
      # Switch to map screen
      $scene = Scene_Map.new
      return
    end
    # If C button was pressed
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      # If command other than save or end game, and party members = 0
      if $game_party.actors.size == 0 and @command_window.index < 4
        # Play buzzer SE
        return
      end
      # Branch by command window cursor position
      case @command_window.index
      when 0  # item
        # Play decision SE
        # Switch to item screen
        $scene = Scene_Item.new
      when 1  # skill
        # Play decision SE
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 2  # equipment
        # Play decision SE
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 3  # status
        # Play decision SE
        @status_window.index = 0
      when 4  # RO System
        # Play decision SE
        # Launch RO System
        $scene = Scene_SkillChange.new
      when 5  # save
        # If saving is forbidden
        if $game_system.save_disabled
          # Play buzzer SE
          return
        end
        # Play decision SE
        # Switch to save screen
        $scene = Scene_Save.new
      when 6  # end game
        # Play decision SE
        # Switch to end game screen
        $scene = Scene_End.new
      end
      return
    end
  end
*(I have no clue what goes here...I'm assuming the name, which I'm inputting as Scene_RO.)*

That SHOULD be it...Hopefully. I'm wondering if I even did that right...XD

If someone is actually going to use this...I recommend they do it manually instead of a CP from here...Considering I probably failed. :\

EDIT: Aqua helped me with a little. Still think it sucks though. I made such blind fool-hearty errors. Or else I'm just downing myself.

EDIT2: Made dumbest mistake here...o.o;

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

If you have problems with the instructions that SRK86 gave you, find the thread titles "Blizzard's little tricks" in the Tutorials section. I think the chapter was 6 a) tha describes how to add a new option into the menu.

Memor-X

hay Blizz, i noticed that when you chnage the class in this, the skills you've learned are still around, is there a way that i can set it up so that when you change your class, so does your skills, here's an example

Black Mage learns attack magic, white mage learn healing magic, when you switch between the 2, any skills you've learned as a Black Mage are losed while the ones you've learned as a White Magic are agained, kinda like when you chnage class in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Blizzard

August 05, 2008, 06:29:46 am #34 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:38:49 am by Blizzard
I thought I added that already. O_o I'll add that after I have released Blizz-ABS v1.99, it's an easy edit.

EDIT: There you go.

Tanklinbitz

Hey blizz, I was just wondering if it were possible to make the char. image change with the class. Example: Fighter changes to mage class. Char. image changes from the char. wearing a fighter's outfit to one of the char. wearing a mage outfit. Kinda like in FF tactics.

Blizzard

I could make that possible in a later version. You would need an image for each character and each class though. That means actor_number * class_number images when you sum it up.
It should be rather simple. I will see if I can find a couple of minutes free time in the next few days to implement it.

Satoh

October 25, 2008, 10:51:22 pm #37 Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:52:28 pm by Satoh
Quote from: Tanklinbitz on October 25, 2008, 10:10:02 pm
Hey blizz, I was just wondering if it were possible to make the char. image change with the class. Example: Fighter changes to mage class. Char. image changes from the char. wearing a fighter's outfit to one of the char. wearing a mage outfit. Kinda like in FF tactics.

Lol, kinda like RO as well.......

Quote from: Bugs Bunny on October 25, 2008, 10:21:08 pm
I could make that possible in a later version. You would need an image for each character and each class though. That means actor_number * class_number images when you sum it up.
It should be rather simple. I will see if I can find a couple of minutes free time in the next few days to implement it.

You could use a layering system like the Visible Equipment script, have the bodies be for the class, and the heads be for the characters.... like RO even more still.
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Blizzard

Visual equipment can be more complicated, though.

Satoh

but it would cut down on the number of resources needing to be made....

Either way it was only a suggestion.
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources