[XP] RO Job/Skill System

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:24:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

You can use troop events that call a common event each turn. I guess that would be the most logical way.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

[Faint]

so would I have to put the troop event in every troop? that way it would always check so I could use different amounts of summons for the different lvls of the skill?
Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

Blizzard

You can keep asking questions about every single step or you could just try it out and see for yourself. :P

The answers are yes and yes.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

[Faint]

I was posting from a computer that didn't have RMXP lol, but thanks.
Scripts by me - State Requirement Skills
current project - Project: AURA

Holyrapid

If i´m right, this should be compatible with your FF2 style grow, right?
Anyway, i want to know, if i can make it so that in order to get new skills, or improve existing ones, you´d have to atleast certain stats at a certain level, i.e to learn fira, you´d first need to know fire (makes sense, and is doable) then i.e you´d need to have an intelligence of say, 55, and to be a mage. Is this possible?
Also, i assume this is compatible with your STCMS, Z-hud, G_G's EOS bar add-on to it, and auto targeting for BABS? And, sorry if these have been allready anserved. I did only read the first page...

Blizzard

How can it be "compatible" if in this system you gain job points when you gain levels and in the FF2 style grow you can't gain levels? -_- That's like asking for a boat that can drive on land.

Aqua

Holyrapid

Damn... Then is this compatible with Diablo Level Up? Because, i might then change to using that...

Blizzard

Well, I said "compatible" because you can always give out points with script calls without giving out levels.
But yeah, it works fine with my Stat Distribution System.

Blizzard

v1.6 is out. This should fix the problem with Blizz-ABS. I also realized that I haven't updated Blizz-ABS compatibility since version 1.0.9.0 alias v1.69.

X-Law

January 26, 2010, 08:34:34 pm #90 Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:04:33 am by X-Law
Hey
lol @ error found here
I was using Materia system for the skill development until i got some incompatibilities so i decided to set "JOB ONLY" to false and use the skill system from here aswell.
Then i got a strange error (not a error screen) I learn "heal" and then i tried using it from the menu and what got? The Buzzer SE instead of the skill sound and the character didn't healed and no SP used neither. But then i leave the skill menu (and the menu itself if using stormtronic) and when i get back my character got healed but there is no SP consumption.
Maybe i do something wrong? i tested it in the demo too. I added "heal" to Lancer class and learned it then put in the boy on the right to hurt Basil (-200 HP) then went to skill section and tried to heal Basil but got the same error :( So i think it's not a compatibility issue with my other scripts.
(i think i writed too much for reporting an error lol)
See ya.

AlbatrosStorm is on sale now!

Blizzard

Yeah, probably compatibility. Have you tried changing the script order? It might just work. Other than that, I'm not going to make this compatible with Seph's Materia System, sorry. :/

X-Law

I think i didn't explained myself very well :^_^':
this is not a compaibility issue. I tried in the demo from this post (so just with this script, nothing more) and the error still happens. You "can't" use skills from the menu.
Oh another glitch i found is that when you use the bonus in classes to decrease a parameter like HP or SP then if you select that class you see that your MaxHP (or SP) got decreased but the current HP (or SP) remain the same until you try to heal that char. So you can see something like this  "HP    700/500" lol i think it just should do a check in those parameters when they get altered.
See ya.

Blizzard

Ah, well, then it's not compatible. :/

X-Law

January 27, 2010, 05:56:40 am #94 Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:22:38 am by X-Law
lol
compatible with? :huh:

_____
Anyway this is what i'm trying to say just check this demo ^^
http://www.sendspace.com/file/75b8k1

Blizzard

I meant it's not working right. xD

X-Law

oh i see lol.
It's easy to "repair" then?

Blizzard

Sorry, I kept thinking this was another thread. >.<

If you can't use skills from the menu, then you haven't set the skills in RMXP to be usable from the menu.
I'll fix the max HP/SP thing. It's because the max HP/SP aren't set using the method, but their base calculation is affected.

X-Law

QuoteIf you can't use skills from the menu, then you haven't set the skills in RMXP to be usable from the menu.

Please Blizzard try the demo i uploaded then say such a obvious thing :roll:. I know i'm a noob but not that much. The Heal skill from the database i think is configured already to use in the menu so...
Besides if you set "ONLY_JOB" to "true" you get no problem using it in the menu. The problem is coming when using the skill system too.

Blizzard

I was going to take a look at it when I was going to fix it.
I didn't mean to imply that you're a noob, but people make mistakes. I made some stupid mistakes myself and I still sometimes do.