[XP] RO Job/Skill System

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 04:24:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

X-Law

yeah i know i was joking about the noob thing (but still i'm a noob lol). I know people make mistakes that's why before come to report an error i test at least five times everything to be sure that's an error and not a mistake made by me (that's why i used the default Heal skill that is configured already)

AlbatrosStorm is on sale now!

Blizzard

And I need to ask a few questions first because I need the proper feedback before I can go on fixing. xD
As I said, I'll fix it ASAP then.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

X-Law

Roger that! ^^
Thanks i'll be waiting for this :)

X-Law

Sorry for double-posting
but i really want to know.. any advancement on this? (i mean fixing the problem)
thanks.

Blizzard

February 15, 2010, 05:12:01 am #104 Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:19:38 am by Blizzard
I'll do it this week.

EDIT: Done.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kett Shee

Very cool script. :) Is there a way that you could change the actor sprite? E.g. like in FF Tactics.
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Blizzard

Kett Shee

Like a map sprite set for each class change(knight, mage, etc.)
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

Blizzard

X-Law

Hey  :haha:
I noticed that when you set CLASS_SKILLS to true and you go and change your class, you forget the learned skills. But when you come back to that class you don't obtain the skills you learned before. So you just lost your JP.
It's possible to make that when you return to any class where you already learned any skill, you obtain automatically that skill (with it's level)?
Something similar to FFX-2 or FFXIII where you can learn skill from a class and then change to another one and develop that class then when you have it 100% developed you want to change to another and develop that one too without loosing the development made in any other class.

Blizzard

I have no time to implement that.

Lakieth

I get a error in line 528 no method error occurred undefined method []for nil:NilClass

All the other addons i have are
leons shop system
your skill system
and A3ds battle results
in that order

Blizzard

Quote# Compatibility:
#   
#   95% compatible with SDK v1.x, 60% compatible with SDK v2.x. Can cause
#   incompatibility issues with other exotic Skill Systems, CMS-es and CBS-es.
#   Fully compatible with Blizz-ABS, not compatible with Mr. Mo's ABS. WILL
#   corrupt old savegames.

Betown

When I use skill(using babs) mp cost equal to mastered skill cost. (if lv1 mp cost<100?)

mp cost problems could resolve by editing skill_can_use? method in game_battler 3,

but another error occurs, "undefined method 'get_skill_sp_cost_factor' for:Nilclass"

this method is already defined in script, I don't know what is wrong.

this is my setting
Spoiler: ShowHide

INIT_JP = 0
  LVL1_POWER = 5
  LVL1_COST = 5
  LVLUP_RATE = 2
  EXP_RATIO = 100
  RESET_LVLS = false
  JOB_ONLY = false
  USE_LEVEL = true
  USE_ALL = false
  CLASS_SKILLS = !false
  HIDE_SKILLS = true
  RO_RIGHT = false
  EVASION = 'EVA'
  UP_COLOR = Color.new(0, 255, 0) # (R, G, B)
  DOWN_COLOR = Color.new(255, 0, 0) # (R, G, B)
  CD_SKILLS = []

Rudely,
Sorry for disturbing you, but please help me :<

Blizzard

Make sure your scripts are all up to date.

Memor-X

April 20, 2010, 09:21:21 pm #115 Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:35:08 pm by Memor-X
is there a way to have classes unlock though a call script, like unlocking a class because of an event and not because of it's level (like in Final Fantasy Tatics Advance 2)

EDIT: or point me where in the script it checks if the skill is unlocked because of it's level

Blizzard

Bryght

July 14, 2010, 08:22:14 pm #117 Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:23:38 pm by Bryght
Hey there,

great script ! but i'd like to ask some questions  :^_^':

Is there a way to disable the JOB system, but only enable Skills System ?

I think that aint' possible, so...
Otherwise what settings should I enter if I want the Job Level to increase exactly like the Normal Level ?
        LVLUP_RATE = ?
        EXP_RATIO = ? (100 I guess ?)

so that when I level up, i earn 1 skill point (and 1 joblevel), just like in Diablo2 !

Thanks !  :shy:

Blizzard

Honestly, I don't remember anymore. But I think LVLUP_RATE was working the same way as inflation for EXP, so try 30 (default inflation). And yes, EXP_RATIO should be 100.

ojp2010

Is this script compatible with RMX-OS?